Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Andreas
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Andreas » 16 Nov 2010, 15:06

Well in the netherlands you don't have much footage as well. :(
only once a week we have ''Rally report'' but they're mostly showing the dutch rally drivers :(:(
But a little bit of WRC :)
But i always watch the MotorsTV and DaveTV coverage, they're good enough for me :)
''If i'm not good enough as I am then I don't have to be good enough at all'' - Matti Raikkonen

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 16 Nov 2010, 15:25

Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote:F1 or WRC, it makes no difference to me because I have to download everything I want to watch too :confused:
at least we have F1 on TV... but don't have MotoGP (the only sport where I like Spanish guy :p ) cuz it's no longer on Eurosport... that's why I want Kimi in Monte-Carlo a lot - cuz IRC is shown here
we have) Autoplus channel with NTV+

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 16 Nov 2010, 15:28

icemaid wrote:
Off-Topic: show
IRumours that Chris Dyer will be the scapegoat for Alonso not winning the WDC.
He will probably step from his position & move to another position. :(
Stupid SD should be the one who should shoulder the resposibility as Team Principal :<>:
Maybe becos Dyer has all the time been saying nice things about kimi even after he was banished from the team - so now, it is a good excuse to remove all traces of kimi associates and bring in Fonzi associates - if kimi were to return to F1, then Dyer might be in a good position to join him and give Ferrari the middle finger, but what am I talking about here, Kimi is rally bound from here on in. That crazy boy's hooked on rallye
The JINX

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 16 Nov 2010, 15:33

Loiste wrote: we have) Autoplus channel with NTV+
ok, I don't have :p

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 16 Nov 2010, 15:33

Kinga wrote:Same here!!! :pray:
ARCTIC LAPLAND RALLY 2011 starts 27. 01.
Monte Carlo Rally 2011 - 19 January to 23 January, 2011

:pray: :fear: I want to see him here and there. But it's impossibile (

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 16 Nov 2010, 15:50

Loiste wrote:
Kinga wrote:Same here!!! :pray:
ARCTIC LAPLAND RALLY 2011 starts 27. 01.
Monte Carlo Rally 2011 - 19 January to 23 January, 2011

:pray: :fear: I want to see him here and there. But it's impossibile (
Sure hope it is... :zz:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 16 Nov 2010, 16:12

brendakarli wrote:
icemaid wrote:
IRumours that Chris Dyer will be the scapegoat for Alonso not winning the WDC.
He will probably step from his position & move to another position. :(
Stupid SD should be the one who should shoulder the resposibility as Team Principal :<>:
Maybe becos Dyer has all the time been saying nice things about kimi even after he was banished from the team - so now, it is a good excuse to remove all traces of kimi associates and bring in Fonzi associates - if kimi were to return to F1, then Dyer might be in a good position to join him and give Ferrari the middle finger, but what am I talking about here, Kimi is rally bound from here on in. That crazy boy's hooked on rallye
No offence, but I guess you are going too far with the assumptions.
Chris Dyer is the in charge with the pit-box operations, he is the one who makes the final call after receiving all the info from everyone, the computer guys that run all possible scenarios, the race engineers, etc. Whether he was the only one who took it and I mean if he had Domenicalli's blessing or not we don't know, but he is the one who takes the final call. Remember how Baldissieri was replaced after some screw-ups, so Dyer was promoted and Stella became Kimi's race engineer in 2009.
I know he always said good things about Kimi and you like him (as he indeed seems a good guy) but to go and think that there is a conspiracy against him because he said good things about Kimi, it's way too much, even for the speculation thread :zz: .
At the end of the year, the team manager is the one responsible for the results, so Domenicalli might make or not some changes. Until now, Ferrari didn't put the finger on one person only, Domenicalli said they made a wrong call, Dyer said they made the mistake, Alonso said it, Massa said it, etc.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 16 Nov 2010, 17:38

rko,
I was making my comment based on a rumour that icemaid had read...sorry if I went too far with my assumptions. That team just rubbed me the wrong way and I genuinely feel that nice guys in the team are easy to hang out to dry, aka kimi. But you are right, I may have been mistaken with this assumption.

The irony is that I have to love Ferrari with all my heart...it's quite sickening to be honest - to have such a negative effect on people whom I support. Now that we are in the off season, I can let it all hang out... but come the 2011 season, I would have to switch on my "unusual power" again :blink: Again my apologies to any ferrari fans here.
The JINX

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 16 Nov 2010, 22:37

Mmh for some reason I am not worried at all about Kimi I think he is sorted and he will be fine. The whole F1 thing shouldn't be a big surprise as Kimi has been saying he wants to stay in WRC for ages. But I do understand why it is hard for some people. :(
As for the whole TV coverage thing we get all the free practices, qualifying and races live for F1. We have a local F1 program and about three other F1 programs apart from everything else. We basically get all the motorsport coverage anything from GP2 up until MotoGP the Red bull fighters and Nascar, and ext. exct. We also get the WRC Dave broadcasts. And truth be told, they are absolutely terrible, in my opinion. It is so bad I dont even know where to begin. All the inserts and people talking between the rally updates are boring and irritating. They actually have two separate shows for each rally a shakedown show beforehand, and the actually rally show after the rally. The shakedown shows is just interviews, info about the location some history about rallies held there previously and sometimes some footage about the previous rally and some statistics. The other show that is suppose to be be about the rally itself, is basically about the same the nonsense as in the Shakedown show, it is irritating that they stop the rally action in-between to put in these useless things. Then as a added bonus they interview the Ford, and Solberg's team's cook about three times a year. Then when they finally get on with reporting about the actual rally itself they show onboard shots of Loeb for 80% of the time, in fact they mostly only show the top two people of the rally. Which again is very boring since Loeb wins 90% of the time and since there is usually much better competition lower down. The commentator or voice over person is very boring and he says everything in the same tone of voice. If I would have to say, the only thing that is good about the coverage at all is the 3D graphics they sometimes use.

As a result my feeling is that the programs is a waste of time, and as a result even though I have had access to two rally programs or two hours of rally programming per rally, I still didn't even watch half of it. There is just much better viewing on youtube. As a small example I watched the WRC program just a few hours back as it gets repeated a few times after every rally. I wanted to see it because it was the last rally of the season, but I was quickly bored out of my mind again, it just feels like if you have watched one program then you have watched it all. This was the British rally, and British people usually love motorsport but they mentioned Wilson for about 30 seconds. Now I know Wilson isn't the best or anything but local people want to see their local hero's in action. As for Kimi and Ken who are well known personalities in motorsport, they only used about 1 minute for each. But as usual they included the two or three interviews of Loeb and two or three Peter interviews one Latvala interview, one Mikko interview and one Ogier interview - which they do for every event. Do you really need the same interviews by the same people for every program when you just want to see the cars driving? If I am generous they properly used about 25 minutes to report on what was actually happing in the event, while they are more then happy to include all of these interviews and other useless information between snippets of the rally. Funny enough my mother was watching with me and see doesn't know much about motorsport and she said afterwards, "these people are boring personalities". That was kinda funny to me as it is the same thing that a lot of people have been saying of course. But I honestly think part of the problem is these boring programs.

Anyways sorry for the rant, my point is just that the people who are not getting WRC coverage are not missing much. I have watched some IRC coverage and it is far superior to WRC coverage. But it is alright with me, I like following WRC (on the internet), it is definitely one heck of a driver challenge.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 17 Nov 2010, 03:42

It appears webber will still be in RBR come 2011...at least that is how it sounded during his interview that was reported on autosport. SO WRC it is for kimi now...
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 17 Nov 2010, 03:47

I have no idea as to what details are given as its been google translated. But i can understand the headlines :thumbsup:
Kimi Raikkonen will be in the 100 meters edition of the Monte Carlo Rally 2011 IRC

Parentheses after the holidays that will have former F1 champion 2007 with Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen for almost agreed with continuity in the structure of the Junior Team of Citroën in the effective management of Benoit Nogier the obligation and responsibility to develop DS3 jointly with the square WRC Olivier Quesnel official from the French factory Satory / Versailles.
Plans to ensure continuity with this double chevron brand, Raikkonen will be prepared to face in the coming days some short essays in asphalt and Sebastien Loeb Sebastien Ogier DS3 aboard the 011 WRC.

But that's not all the PSA group (Citroen / Peugeot) have decided by consensus to Kimi to intervene in the incipient and spectacular opening day of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge in the Principality of Monaco, more precisely in Monte Carlo where he would be speaking the "ICE MAN "Finn with a Peugeot 207 Super 2000 Evo 3 of the Belgian team Kronos Marc Van Dalen and Jean Pierre Mondron, remains a fact that participation with navigation Kaj Lindström.

It is also believed that this initiative will have Raikkonen teammates on the lion hosts the Gaul and Briton Brian Bouffier Guy Wilks. Also taking a particular position Stephane Sarrazin, Bruno Magalhaes and Thierry Neuville.
Peugeot wants to dethrone Skoda, which has confirmed that Valence will be three official cars Fabia hand Evo 2 Champion Hanninen, Kopecky and Loix.

Nor should we forget the intentions of PH Sport have Didier Auriol Francois Delecour and the appointment Monaco 207 Super 2000 each with a semi-official way in this exciting edition of the prestigious Monte that will cause a revolution in the discipline with a large number of registrations free of great importance.

Kimi debut with Peugeot in the IRC will be a clue to the possible return of Mikko Hirvonen to Montecarlo trying to repeat the triumph in the most traditional date of the International Rally.
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 8363860336
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 17 Nov 2010, 08:34

@Boudica
Mostly agree. I think that MotorsTV coverage is boring, OneHD is shorter but more fun & commentator is way better, I also like Dave. But it can be more interesting if they'll show more different drivers and use more cameras. I don't like that onboard cameras are behind the drivers. Also more shooting from helicopter would be cool.

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 17 Nov 2010, 09:58

thanks luieluv, sounds great :shhh:

Lunna wrote:@Boudica
Mostly agree. I think that MotorsTV coverage is boring, OneHD is shorter but more fun & commentator is way better, I also like Dave. But it can be more interesting if they'll show more different drivers and use more cameras. I don't like that onboard cameras are behind the drivers. Also more shooting from helicopter would be cool.
I so agree with you. the OneHD coverage is better, Paul King is the commentator, he has done that many years and I can't stand the voice of the MotorsTV one. I like Dave too and especially Neil Cole. yeah the interviews aren't always interesting but at least they show a bit different things. but generally the coverage could be much better. more cameras from the outside and less onboards. onboards are great but they are too much and especially the one from behind is so useless. you see almost nothing then the car.
on tv here is just about 30 min highlights show a week after each rally. better then nothing but still...

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 17 Nov 2010, 10:20

luieluv wrote:I have no idea as to what details are given as its been google translated. But i can understand the headlines :thumbsup:
Kimi Raikkonen will be in the 100 meters edition of the Monte Carlo Rally 2011 IRC

Parentheses after the holidays that will have former F1 champion 2007 with Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen for almost agreed with continuity in the structure of the Junior Team of Citroën in the effective management of Benoit Nogier the obligation and responsibility to develop DS3 jointly with the square WRC Olivier Quesnel official from the French factory Satory / Versailles.
Plans to ensure continuity with this double chevron brand, Raikkonen will be prepared to face in the coming days some short essays in asphalt and Sebastien Loeb Sebastien Ogier DS3 aboard the 011 WRC.

But that's not all the PSA group (Citroen / Peugeot) have decided by consensus to Kimi to intervene in the incipient and spectacular opening day of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge in the Principality of Monaco, more precisely in Monte Carlo where he would be speaking the "ICE MAN "Finn with a Peugeot 207 Super 2000 Evo 3 of the Belgian team Kronos Marc Van Dalen and Jean Pierre Mondron, remains a fact that participation with navigation Kaj Lindström.
Well I know what it looks like and if its how I think it it it will be awesom and something I have been saying will bappen for a long time :O
Just hope its correct. Am waiting for the third peice of truely good news, yesterday there were two, my mum and dads house has been declared dry after their flood and of course the forthcomming Royal Wedding now a certain finn still in a certain team would be the icing on the cake :)

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 17 Nov 2010, 10:51

Loiste wrote:
Lunna wrote:
sleenster wrote:F1 or WRC, it makes no difference to me because I have to download everything I want to watch too :confused:
at least we have F1 on TV... but don't have MotoGP (the only sport where I like Spanish guy :p ) cuz it's no longer on Eurosport... that's why I want Kimi in Monte-Carlo a lot - cuz IRC is shown here
we have) Autoplus channel with NTV+
We're lucky here as well as we have local channels broadcasting live F1 and Moto GP and also WRC highlights. :n
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/