Schummy replacing Kimi

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
User avatar
ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 515
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 21:07
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by ReAlien » 27 Apr 2010, 10:15

Just read an article where Stirling Moss tells that Shumi's failures this year are probably connected with the fact that he's got a really strong partner in the team now, that he never had a potent teammate before and that is why his seven titles do not represent his real status...

Well, Mr. Moss is one of my motor sports heroes, he's not just a sharp tongued newsman...
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by beefree88 » 27 Apr 2010, 11:35

ReAlien wrote:Just read an article where Stirling Moss tells that Shumi's failures this year are probably connected with the fact that he's got a really strong partner in the team now, that he never had a potent teammate before and that is why his seven titles do not represent his real status...

Well, Mr. Moss is one of my motor sports heroes, he's not just a sharp tongued newsman...


The point is the way journos handle f1 drivers has sadly not much to do with their performance. They need somebody to kick and other to hail.
Schumacher's seven titles were achievements of a team - and I don't mean Ferrari here.

On the other side as much as I respect Moss and his opinion , I think many things influence a driver's performance. Testing ban is one of them. If he doesn't have a car that fits him from the start that might cause a big handicap compared the other driver, so the same car argument is misleading.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 403
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 01:56

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by kracer » 27 Apr 2010, 13:39

brendakarli wrote:First of all, I'm not a fan of Schummy's but the press, probably feeling hungry and restless in Kimi's absence, appears to be taking it out on Schummy's performance or lack thereof. I'm not an expert, but from what it seems, Schmmy chose the wrong time to return to formula one; where he cannot do endless rounds of testing like he did in his time with ferrari etc and this, plus the fact that he has been out of it for 3 years is showing him to be a sub-par driver.

IMHO, this puts into perspective Kimi's time in ferrari. No testing was allowed and add to the politics that Kimi did not want to get involved in, it was no wonder kimi was "underperforming" or showing signs of "demotivation" months after Todt's departure. I feel the press is ruthless, playing with the hearts and minds of fans of two of the world's most popular drivers. Do you agree?

Off-Topic: show
The press are also pinpointing the moment of teammate wars and highlighting the incident between Massa and Alonso... in this instance, Massa probably would have to give in seeing his contract is under negotiation so he most likely would not act like he had when he was partnered with Kimi. He must sorely be missing Kimi now bcos Kimi would never do such a thing to Massa even though Massa has been singing the "I'm the no.1 in ferrari" song in 2009. Oh well, karma is a byatch!

I totally agree with you, brenda!

The press always have to look for someone to put down and since there was such great hype with Schumi's return, then they can't help themselves and just start writing so many things against him just because he hasn't been on the podium.

They've forgotten that the last time Schumi drove a car in a race, the car was different to what he is driving now, just like in Kimi's case, they expect so much from him without taking into consideration that the WRC car is totally different to what he was driving in F1.

Aside from that, can you really think of any other F1 driver today who is as exciting a personality as Schumi or as Kimi?

IMO, there's no other driver really worth writing about that people will really be interested in them enough to read many articles about them.

So, since the press cannot find anyone and Kimi is gone, they are now picking on Schumi.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by brendakarli » 28 Apr 2010, 05:44

i would say hammy is another candidte for the shark (I mean media) -infested f1 waters :80:
The JINX

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by Wolfie » 28 Apr 2010, 07:58

kracer wrote:
brendakarli wrote:First of all, I'm not a fan of Schummy's but the press, probably feeling hungry and restless in Kimi's absence, appears to be taking it out on Schummy's performance or lack thereof. I'm not an expert, but from what it seems, Schmmy chose the wrong time to return to formula one; where he cannot do endless rounds of testing like he did in his time with ferrari etc and this, plus the fact that he has been out of it for 3 years is showing him to be a sub-par driver.

IMHO, this puts into perspective Kimi's time in ferrari. No testing was allowed and add to the politics that Kimi did not want to get involved in, it was no wonder kimi was "underperforming" or showing signs of "demotivation" months after Todt's departure. I feel the press is ruthless, playing with the hearts and minds of fans of two of the world's most popular drivers. Do you agree?

Off-Topic: show
The press are also pinpointing the moment of teammate wars and highlighting the incident between Massa and Alonso... in this instance, Massa probably would have to give in seeing his contract is under negotiation so he most likely would not act like he had when he was partnered with Kimi. He must sorely be missing Kimi now bcos Kimi would never do such a thing to Massa even though Massa has been singing the "I'm the no.1 in ferrari" song in 2009. Oh well, karma is a byatch!

I totally agree with you, brenda!

The press always have to look for someone to put down and since there was such great hype with Schumi's return, then they can't help themselves and just start writing so many things against him just because he hasn't been on the podium.

They've forgotten that the last time Schumi drove a car in a race, the car was different to what he is driving now, just like in Kimi's case, they expect so much from him without taking into consideration that the WRC car is totally different to what he was driving in F1.

Aside from that, can you really think of any other F1 driver today who is as exciting a personality as Schumi or as Kimi?

IMO, there's no other driver really worth writing about that people will really be interested in them enough to read many articles about them.

So, since the press cannot find anyone and Kimi is gone, they are now picking on Schumi.


Pauline, as a Schumi-fan, how do you react to the insane and cruel bashing Ferrari-fans are going on with at the moment?

How easily they forgot that the man brought them championship after championship :<>:

Their behaviour and lack of gratitude has made me lose respect for those tifosi in particular, everything wiped out in a moment and some go so easily from praising to bashing.

The best is though to read how Massa should stay in the family and go to Sauber :roll::

It would have been easier for MS had Kimi been in F1, sadly.

Nobody seems to see that MS isn't bashing Nico or talking down on him. Schumi is acting in a really mature way with respect towards Nico.

Still it pains me to read what is written about him in the papers :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by brendakarli » 28 Apr 2010, 09:19

Wolfie,

You would already know I'm no fan of schummy's, yet I find I'm feeling for him. No one deserves such treatment. We are all human beings and these animals are treating him like a pariah. It's also really sad when his fans turn on him. I would never do that to Kimi when he's old, grey and racing for the fun of it :thumbsup:
The JINX

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by Moominpappa » 28 Apr 2010, 09:27

I am never liked Schumi and I think that never will like him. Sometimes I feel that he get now what he has earned but still this is not fair. Mixed feelings :(
I miss a babysitter

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by Kriss » 28 Apr 2010, 09:55

Moominpappa wrote:I am never liked Schumi and I think that never will like him. Sometimes I feel that he get now what he has earned but still this is not fair. Mixed feelings :(


+1 :thumbsup:

When he decided to come back he knew that he has to be a winner or at least competative. He knows the journalist around F1 so he should have known their reaction if he doesn't deliver. And so far he doesn't. :p
I won't forgive him Villeneuve :blush:

User avatar
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1183
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Location: Finland

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by Moominpappa » 28 Apr 2010, 10:06

Kriss wrote:I won't forgive him Villeneuve :blush:

I remember how he crash with Hill, how JJ Lehto putted totally #2 in Benetton, illegal cars, black flag, Ecclestone's support :roll:: , brake test to Hakkinen in Macao by F3 cars...
Of course, when you dislike someone you remember more bad things than good ones. I have no problem to agree that he is very good driver, hard worker and get some champions without any doubts. I think that it's better forget past tense and enjoy the situation when it seems that he is not a total #1 driver in the team :p
I miss a babysitter

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by beefree88 » 28 Apr 2010, 10:24

Kriss wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:I am never liked Schumi and I think that never will like him. Sometimes I feel that he get now what he has earned but still this is not fair. Mixed feelings :(


+1 :thumbsup:

When he decided to come back he knew that he has to be a winner or at least competative. He knows the journalist around F1 so he should have known their reaction if he doesn't deliver. And so far he doesn't. :p
I won't forgive him Villeneuve :blush:


I'm sure he knows all that. It's not him who complained. I detest what he did back then, but this doesn't make right what people do to him .
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1693
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 12:31

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by Acropolis » 28 Apr 2010, 13:34

I think too that great drivers ( no matter their past mistakes ) should be treated with more respect...
What they did to Kimi ofcourse was out of this earth because he was a fair, low profile person whose only mistake was talent and a great salary....

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by amoljoshi » 18 Jun 2010, 18:52

What the heck the thread subject means? :confused:

Schummy Replacing Kimi? :huh: :<>:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 491
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 16:45

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by brendakarli » 19 Jun 2010, 03:19

it means that kimi, having left F1, is now being replaced by schummy in the f1 media circus ... kimi seems happier dealing with WRC media-circus. :zz: :zz: I am no fan of schummy's but I feel he doesn't deserve to be spoken like this by the media. the more decent ones are kulta and james allen (although from allen's writing with regards to kimi, I can sense allen is not a fan) :O
The JINX

User avatar
icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 537
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 01:59

Re: Schummy replacing Kimi

Post by icemaid » 19 Jun 2010, 05:27

You are damn right. James Allen is never a fan of Kimi. :<>:
He only loves the red team. :roll::

Post Reply