Iceman Cometh Thread

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Iceman Cometh Thread

Post by Kinga » 18 Sep 2010, 19:17

:blink: wooohhhaa that was fast, Luieluv!!!! :hug: Fantastic words! We are so happy and proud!! Good job, keep it up, boys!!!!!!!!!! :shhh: I'm going to cheer for you personally so...... :cool:

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 18 Sep 2010, 19:20

thank you lui, how happy that you got to write about a win, after we were all so heart broken from Japan rally.
I love the first sentence , about nascar, wrc, f1 , fishing and all the crazy rumors we had to put up with this last week.
thanks again.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 18 Sep 2010, 19:26

Thanks everyone with all your good comments. Makes me feels really good. And its all of you who have been inspiring in making this following of our hero a one hell of a rich experience.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 18 Sep 2010, 19:52

Kimi winning and Luie writing his great reviews were all that we needed!!! :C: Amazing again Luie! :shhh: Thanks! :hug:

GO KIMI & KAJ!!! Flag:##
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 19 Sep 2010, 03:09

Congrats to all of you people since Kimi got his first Rally win, im sure you all will be celebrating :)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 19 Sep 2010, 03:36

Woohooo! First rally win!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 Sep 2010, 16:22

Thanks Luie, you have a real talent :hug:

I'm going to think of you as Dr. Feelgood from now on :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 19:49

Iceman Cometh!! - An Outing to Forget and more during Rallye de France

It took me a while to figure out whether or not i should write anything about this rally. But after a deep thought i decided to write about this. One more reason for me to go ahead and write about this rally is to put across my views on certain things that were happening in the background of this rally. Well i shall come to that later.

A tarmac rally and we all have some expectations from kimi. Infact Kimi himself had some positive expectations from this rally as he had done a test rally on the similar types of roads. Kimi Raikkonen wanted to to go ahead and do well here but unfortunately the conditions deteriorated when the rally was about to start and lots of muds and changing conditions made the rally course as one of the most difficult tarmac outing for Kimi and Kaitsu.

Day 1 went really well in terms of results but Kimi and Kaitsu gave us the real insight on that day and indeed declared the day as the most toughest day of their rally career on tarmac. This just proved how well kimi and kaj had done on day one, consistently notching the 7th fastest time on stage after stage. What we saw was a controlled and aggressive drive.

Day 2 was to be one of the worst days for Kimi Raikkonen as a rally driver and a silly error from kimi early in the day saw him throw away the position which was very flattering for a rookie rally driver. From there on he made another error on a stage of which conditions annoyed and yielded some strong reactions from all the rally drivers. And from there on Kimi had nothing more to do in this Rally. And perhaps made the right move in withdrawing his further participation on day 3 as he wanted to preserve the machinery for Spain.

What ever happened with kimi was unfortunate and more so for us fans. But what i personally did not liked was many fans and critics had a very strong judgement to pass in the vague of this unsuccessful rally from Kimi. This is the point which i wanted to bring up as i have said earlier in my post.

Not only here but at many places, on other forums, twitter and some other sites we saw many people already wanting kimi to comeback to F1. Now for me that is very much premature to say that as Kimi deserves much more support and patience from his fans in what he thinks could be his career in Future. Reading comments on various sites and forums like Kimi belongs to F1 and not in WRC, Kimi again ends in a ditch, Kimi this and kimi that did not go well with me. Also during all of this we saw some fools like boullier and helmut and some cheap graded so called F1 expert doubting kimi's motivation and stuff like that. It really meant that People are very much Ignorant about this sport.

Just a scenario i would like to put across. Food for thought. What would have happened if we had seen kimi failing miserably in first half of the season and would have notched better results in the second half. Say he would have ended in a ditch in jordan.turkey.portugal and would have been lacklustre in bulgaria and he would have been good in finland,japan and france. The same critics and fans would have jumped up and down and would have touted Kimi as a quick learner of this sport and would not have doubted his presence or belonging to WRC. We were lucky that our boy started working wonders right from 3rd rally of the season and he fared well. Just that for a rookie God must have though to balance the weights and performances and what could have happened to Kimi earlier in the season happened to him during last 3 to 4 rallies. That perhaps balances out for a rookie. The sport is such that one needs to have patience and such phases are a part of it. even if you are in your 5th season, such things can happen to you. So i just appeal that we should give some more time before drawing any such conclusions. And about this boullier, lauda and some pathetic blog writers, the lesser i say is better for them. Or perhaps i shall deal with them in speculation thread.

Its not wrong in fans wanting him back in F1 but passing comments on basis of few bad results hurts me a bit. Rest i guess i am done with my boring rant. Sorry for it. I shall just end it as usual....

Iceman Cometh!!
Last edited by luieluv on 05 Oct 2010, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 05 Oct 2010, 20:02

lui, it wasn't a boring rent, not at all :hug:
I was wondering where is your usual blog and I'm happy that finally you wrote it :)

thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 05 Oct 2010, 20:06

Thanks Luieluv! And in my mind is most important that people who are near Kimi and people who knows more about rally speak only positive words from Kimi's rally career! This has been very special year. We are lucky that we can follow this so intensively.
I miss a babysitter

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 05 Oct 2010, 20:22

luieluv wrote:Iceman Cometh!! - An Outing to Forget and more during Rallye de France
Iceman Cometh!!
Thanks again luieluv, I love to read different points of view on the future of Kimi. :hug: :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 Oct 2010, 20:30

Thanks Luie :)

Like Vatanen said; if a rally driver would participate in Monaco GP qualification he would become a laughing stock - our boy has done pretty good but there's always people who only wait for him to have an off - or see him with an ice cream in his hand...
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 05 Oct 2010, 20:31

Wolfie wrote:Thanks Luie :)

Like Vatanen said; if a rally driver would participate in Monaco GP qualification he would become a laughing stock - our boy has done pretty good but there's always people who only wait for him to have an off - or see him with an ice cream in his hand...
+1

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 Oct 2010, 20:43

momo wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Thanks Luie :)

+1
+2 :lol: :thumbsup:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 05 Oct 2010, 22:12

Luie you did great as usual. Lets face it lots of people just dont "get" Kimi. They have never wanted too they just want to bash him for whatever he does wether its F1 or Rally. It really is all they know how to do. Its sad and its annoying but they are the ones loosing out. Our Blondie is strong he knows his own mind, his strengths and weaknesses and he is brave. He is having fun now (most of the time) and it shows in him. True race fans know how hard it is to drive WDC and know how as a rookie he has done really well, the people that understand the sport know he has potential as we know he has potential.

Kimi is our Kimi and we are proud of him.