Iceman Cometh Thread

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Iceman Cometh Thread

Post by dindi » 23 Aug 2010, 02:36

Brilliant stuff yet again, Luie. Such a shame I wasn't here to share the magical moment of Kimi's very first SS win with you guys. But was freaking ecstatic to come home and see that Kimi proved he's King of the Circuits when he recorded the fastest stage time on SS19! Amazing!!! Proud moment for all of us.

Don't worry about getting lost in Kimi-ism, Luie. You've got quite a bunch of us lost there with you :)

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 23 Aug 2010, 03:59

Well said Lui.... brilliant...! So proud of Kimi..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Aug 2010, 09:11

Thanks a million, Luie :hug:

After reading your post-rally comments there's nothing much to say, you say it all in a beautiful way :shhh:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 12 Sep 2010, 05:30

Iceman Cometh !! – Solid two days and a costly error in Japan

I just couldn’t believe it when it happened and I still cant believe it that it has to happen with us only when we are in for the strong finish of our hero. A strong 8th position slipped and we are left empty handed…well

Empty Handed????? Is It????
Hell No!!

We had a blissful two days of this rally. The two super special stages which kick started the rally set an awesome tone for us fans to follow the rally with keen interests. And this time nobody slowed and no one can doubt on the stakes for other drivers for Kimi to finish the second super special stage in 2nd position and thus classifying 5th overall after the first two stages. After all Short stages seem to be kimi’s strength. So after a successful first two overnight stages, it was a long day for Kimi and Kaj where we were in for a reality check and we saw what a tricky and difficult this rally was. The narrow roads to fast corners and precise breaking was the need of the hour and above all it had to be so precise and error free that does not come so easy in japan even for the best of rally drivers. And yes Kimi and Kaj though little off the pace, gear box issues in the morning overcame their shortfalls to finish the day with an error free drive. That’s an achievement in itself considering how difficult this rally was gonna be for kimi. We saw how kimi improved his pace 2nd time around the same stages and that has been order of the day on every occasion.

Day two saw kimi and kaj up their pace and this time they were comfortably beating their nearest competitors and were managing a decent pace. I couldn’t believe when kimi wiped off the deficit to villagra on no time on the second day. Kimi and Kaj ended another error free day with a whooping 40 seconds advantage over villagra who they were trailing by 17 seconds before the start of the day. Now that’s called Precision + Pace personified drive. kimi and kaj deserves a huge Applauds to for making it a brilliant two days for us fans.

Day three had hardly begun for us fans to cheer our hero and it soon was to end in agony, frustration and disappointment for we were in for a thrilling finish to this rally in the top of the order and for a strong result from kimi in terms of points. But a mistake from kimi and that too mis hearing the pace note turned out to be costly and ended the rally in no time. So even a smallest mistake can make you pay heavy. From a strong finish in 8th position to DNF and empty handed long walk.

Empty handed??? Is it..
I again say Hell No.

Kimi and Kaj gave us superb performances on first two days and had it been not for that error I could have easily classified this rally as their best rally so far this season. Though its empty handed with zero points but in terms of experience, Kimi and Kaj still got richer by leaps and bounds. This again falls under the learning curve for them and hopefully they would improve the show and make the result counted in future rallies.

Thanks everyone for their participation here.

So for now I can sign it off by saying two of my favorite words.. And they are….

Iceman Cometh
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 12 Sep 2010, 05:57

luieluv wrote:Iceman Cometh !! – Solid two days and a costly error in Japan
The narrow roads to fast corners and precise breaking was the need of the hour and above all it had to be so precise and error free that does not come so easy in japan even for the best of rally drivers. And yes Kimi and Kaj though little off the pace, gear box issues in the morning overcame their shortfalls to finish the day with an error free drive. That’s an achievement in itself considering how difficult this rally was gonna be for kimi. We saw how kimi improved his pace 2nd time around the same stages and that has been order of the day on every occasion.
Iceman Cometh
In the autosport interview Kimi said they had problems with the diff settings, the gearbox was only changed as a precaution. Nevertheless, great post as usual. :thumbsup:

I really think Kimi is finally starting to get to grips with the pacenotes. Obviously he did make the mistake today, but it seems like his pacenotes were perfect this time.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 12 Sep 2010, 06:53

Thanks Liueluv, you mended my broken heart a little.....

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 12 Sep 2010, 08:02

4 points lost :/ .. day2 start was awesome ... Kimi would have been just 3pts behind Villgra, if he kept it on road(28-25). Now he is 9 down(30-21) :/
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 12 Sep 2010, 09:52

Fantastic post again Luieluv but now I can't help myself but feeling sad for Kimi. I hope he forgets this dissapointment in no time which we will I'm sure. :)

Gooo Kimi and Kaj!!!!!!!!!!!! :shhh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Sep 2010, 11:32

thanks lui you always bring out the best in every situation :hug:
but it still hurts Image

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 12 Sep 2010, 14:18

Yes, day two was fantastic. I really hope that at least this turns Kimi's decision to Rally next year. He can make a big history.
I miss a babysitter

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 12 Sep 2010, 14:21

Acropolis wrote:Thanks Liueluv, you mended my broken heart a little.....
+1 :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Sep 2010, 15:27

Moominpappa wrote:Yes, day two was fantastic. I really hope that at least this turns Kimi's decision to Rally next year. He can make a big history.
+1 :thumbsup:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 18 Sep 2010, 18:47

Iceman Cometh !! – Triumphs in Rallye Vosgien !yahoo: :hatoff: :1st:

A few days of Turmoil of Kimi Raikkonen to F1/WRC/Nascar/f**k**g/Fishing/Anything and Everything that Teams and media wanted was unleashed on us fans. A rather torrid time.

And what we all badly needed was Iceman Therapy and that’s what we got in this short rallye cum practice leading up to Rally France. And that’s what we exactly got from the dynamic duo of Kimi Raikkonen and Kaj Lindstrom. And yes, Kimi Raikkonen registers his first rally win at this short rally.

Kimi Raikkonen won all the stages of this rally. Though there was not much of a competition but yet to be consistent over all the six stages and win all of them is some kind of reason to rejoice.

Not only all the stages were conquered but on every stage we saw a decent improvement from kimi. This has been one of the characteristic of Kimi in Rally this season. He has just improved on times on the 2nd runs. This only proves that kimi will improve in this genre. With experience he will surely excel in the consistency department as well.

So it was a very positive day for us kimi fan. Kimi gave us something to cheer during these difficult times.

A champagne spray on Kimi and Kaj’s first rally win. A win is after all a win. A confidence booster for rally france. Heartiest congratulations to this dynamic duo.

And finally thanks to every member participating in this rally and heres wishing kimi and all of us the very best of luck for rally france.

And once again I shall end it in the honour of this superb victory:

First Rally Win For Kimi Raikkonen and Kaj Lindstrom

Iceman Cometh!!
Flag:## :thumbsup:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 18 Sep 2010, 18:52

luieluv wrote:Iceman Cometh !! – Triumphs in Rallye Vosgien !yahoo: :hatoff: :1st:

Flag:## :thumbsup:
Very well said! :)
They deserved a bit of nice experience finally. Hopefully it'll do good for their confidence. It was a nice way to test and prepare for Rally France
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 18 Sep 2010, 18:59

lui, thanks again :hug: :C: