It is currently 16 Aug 2017, 15:16

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 127  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rally de Portugal 2010
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 20:38  
F1 Driver

He did not do one for Mexico either I think......
Usually he posts on Wednesday, but he was already some days in Portugal....
Probably our Kimi is himself, he did not have the time, was not in the mood or a little lazy, or even stressed, or he thought he has said everything......
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 20:38  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
Quote:
WRC »P-G Andersson joins Stobart team

Per-Gunnar Andersson will join the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team as a guest driver in Rally Bulgaria next month.

The 30-year-old former Junior World Rally Championship title winner will compete in a Ford Focus RS WRC in the famous Stobart green and white livery, and will be nominated for points in the seventh round of the 2010 World Rally Championship.

Andersson has valuable experience in a WRC car having formerly driven for the Suzuki World Rally Team, and also has winning credentials having taken the J-WRC title in both 2004 and 2007.

"I'm really proud to be joining the Stobart team in a Ford Focus RS WRC. I had my first test in the Focus two weeks ago on a gravel surface and everything went very smoothly," Andersson said.

"My only concern is that the stages in Bulgaria are tarmac and these are not my preference so it may take a bit of time to get used to the car on a new surface. I'm sure it will all be fine though and I am very excited about joining the Stobart Ford team."

Stobart M-Sport Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson added: "I am delighted that P-G will be representing the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team in Bulgaria next month.

"We were really impressed with the feedback we received when he competed in a Ford Fiesta R2 in the Pirelli International Rally last month and I am sure that he will do just as well in a World Rally Championship round. He also performed very well in the test a few weeks ago - I have no doubt that he will be a great representative for our team."

link:
http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... _team.html

So he was blabbering a lot about deserving thingy.. Bring him on... we shall see him in Bulgaria..
Now that he would be having a car competitive that of front runners we shall see how he performs and how kimi does.

Bring him on Tarmac..

Hell Yeah... Piggy is in for a ride. Iceman Cometh!

Piggy :lol:

You come up with these great names, Luie :shhh:

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 21:02  
F1 Rookie

Acropolis wrote:
He did not do one for Mexico either I think......
Usually he posts on Wednesday, but he was already some days in Portugal....
Probably our Kimi is himself, he did not have the time, was not in the mood or a little lazy, or even stressed, or he thought he has said everything......

He kinda disappeared from the press ever since Turkey. No interview, no preview. The only thing I saw was his letter for the Ferrari anniversary posted on the Ferrari site.

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 21:12  
F1 Rookie

Thanks to all for the explanations! :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 22:15  
F1 Rookie

Quote:

WRC Rally News 2010
Rally Portugal: Citroen Junior WRC Day One Recap

Just as was the case in Turkey and New Zealand, Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia end a day leading the overall classification. The Citroën Junior Team crew set five fastest times in seven stages and now hold a 26.6-second lead over Dani Sordo and Marc Marti in second. Kimi Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström finish the first day in 10th place.

The opening day of the Rally de Portugal started with a televised spectator superspecial on Thursday night at the Estadio Algarve, accommodating a capacity of 30,000 people. Driving their gravelspecification Citroën C4 WRCs on asphalt, Sébastien Ogier and Kimi Räikkönen set sixth and ninth fastest times respectively.

This morning Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia claimed the overall lead after SS3, taking advantage of their fourth place on the road. "We tried to make the most of our start position," said Sébastien at service. "From the first stage, we were able to find a good pace. As we already took part in this event last year with the C4 WRC, I had an idea of what to expect. Our plan is to carry on in the same way during the second loop, even though it will be trickier for the tyres."

Kimi Räikkönen and Kaj Lindström had to deal with a set-up that was a bit too soft for the opening loop of stages. "I was surprised by the level of grip," said Kimi. "We didn’t think that the conditions would be like this. We’re going to change the set-up to suit the stages more. I also think that our notes could sometimes be better. The second loop should be a little easier for us."

After setting three more fastest stage times during the afternoon, Sébastien Ogier increased his advantage at the head of the field. "We pushed really hard throughout the day, while looking after the tyre wear quite well," he concluded. "The Citroën C4 WRC feels perfect on these roads. Our goal now is to defend our position. Opening the road tomorrow will be a big disadvantage, maybe even more than it was today, but I like having to push! We can’t back off in any way as the last few events have proved just how quickly a gap can grow or shrink."

As expected, Kimi Räikkönen upped his pace during the course of the afternoon. Over the three stages, he steadily reduced his time gap to the pacesetters. "Even though the roads were a bit rougher, I was able to get a bit quicker," he reported. "I’m pleased with how the first day has gone. We’re continuing to improve and the times are gradually getting better. Now we just need to carry on like this tomorrow."

"It’s been another great day from Sébastien Ogier," concluded Citroën Junior Team manager Benoit Nogier. " We’re starting to get used to this now! Sébastien used his road position well and did not make any mistakes while looking after his tyres throughout the afternoon. The Citroën Junior Team is leading a WRC event for the third consecutive time, which is a huge source of satisfaction for all of us. Kimi started the rally sensibly and then improved his pace in the afternoon. After a long time out of the car, he is getting back into the swing of things calmly and with confidence. He is approaching the rally in an intelligent way. "

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-136799.html
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 04:05  
F1 Routinier

Vodafone Rally de Portugal stage guides – Saturday

The second day of Vodafone Rally de Portugal takes competitors back to a trio of gravel stages in the Serra do Caldeirão hills, north of Faro.

After leaving the Service Park from 0810hrs, crews will tackle a loop of three speed tests before returning to Faro for a 30-minute service. In the afternoon crews will tackle the same loop before they return to the town for the final overnight halt at 1700hrs after 135km of competition.

Here are the wrc.com stage notes for Saturday’s stages. Under the summaries you’ll find our list of website links to help you follow the rally via our live results service.

SS8/11: Almondovar. 26.20km
Almondovar is the longest stage of the rally and a challenging mix of sweeping, high-speed roads and slower, more technical sections. It starts fast and flowing through open countryside and meadows. At the 4km point there’s a sequence of blind crests – starting with one that caught out Chris Atkinson, Manfred Stohl and Armindo Araujo in 2007. At 8.4km there’s a short stretch of tarmac and the road narrows, becoming barely wider than the cars as it winds downhill through a village. The middle section is rough and twisty with some big drops by the roadside and wooded sections. At 16km there’s a hairpin left and the stage opens out again, becoming fast and flowing. It flows downhill from the 19km point with big drops on both sides then tightens for a climb from 21km to the end.

SS9/12: Vascao. 25.23km
The middle stage of Saturday’s loop is another mixed affair with lots of crests and jumps interspersed with tight and twisty sections. The road surface is covered with rough gravel, but there are patches of bedrock showing through too, so it will be tough on tyres, especially on downhill sections. It’s absolutely flat out for the first few kilometres, then winds down into a valley until a sequence of three jumps in the space of few hundred metres at the 8.5km point. At 11km there’s a 60 metre long water crossing which wraps around a left-hand bend before the road climbs up and over some nasty crests. There’s a sweeping downhill section at 13km which will really test brakes, before the road switches to concrete for a blast through a village. The last 4.7km are brand new and includes three blind crests in quick succession at the 22km point.

SS10/13: S. Bras de Alportel. 16.12km
Unchanged from when it was run in 2009, this stage features more climbs and descents than any of the others on Saturday. It starts with a steep downhill section to a watersplash at 2.4km then makes a tough climb to a series of high speed blind crests at 5km. From then on it’s up and down all the way, ending with a very technical, wooded section right before the flying finish.

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 04:32  
F1 Driver

Here is Red Bulls review of day one:

http://www.rallybuzz.com/rally-pt-red-bull-day-one/

Kimi Raikkonen likes golf, but he prefers to drive this rather than a golf buggy

Red Bull Rally de Portugal day one report

The tourist resorts around Faro, according to some people, resemble a Garden of Eden. There is field after field of lush green grass, interrupted only by the occasional strip of sand and deep hole.

The reason for this unusual topography is that Faro is a Mecca for golf players. They come from all over the world, dressed up in pastel jumpers, bright white shorts, and shoes that look like they were borrowed from a gangster in 1940s Chicago.

Kimi Raikkonen and his co-driver Kaj Lindstrom, Red Bull athletes on the World Rally Championship this year, are also keen golfers. But the only handicap they faced today were the tough gravel stages of the Rally de Portugal: a classic but incredibly demanding event on the World Rally Championship calendar.

Having not competed for over a month, Kimi chose to make a careful start to get used to the particularly tricky conditions. Even though it is against the genetic nature of most rally drivers, this sensible approach paid off and Kimi was rewarded with a provisional place in the points at the overnight halt. His firm aim is to get to the end, so it was a perfect start. Now, he just has to keep it all going for the next two days.

"From the beginning, my idea was to get to the finish of today without any problems," said the 'iceman'. "We didn't push so hard and we did everything we needed to do. It's still very tough for me as I'm just starting out in rallying so it's important to be sure of getting plenty of kilometres. Probably the most difficult thing about today is that the grip has been changing a lot, and so it helped when we were able to do the stages again in the afternoon. We also changed the suspension set-up at midday, going a bit stiffer. It was basically OK for the first day, but I still need to get some more speed. I didn't have so much confidence in the morning but it was definitely better in the afternoon."

Kimi's co-driver Kaj Lindstrom has years of experience of controlling excited drivers: a skill that proved to be very useful on the undulating gravel roads close to Faro.

"The afternoon was better than the morning," said Kaj. "We found a lot of improvement and the driving confidence was there, which was good. We made some small changes to the pace notes but nothing massive. Kimi handled everything well."

However, the Portuguese adventure is only just beginning - because the experienced Kaj had some words of warning about what to expect over the next two days and 11 stages. Hot temperatures are predicted over the weekend, which only add to the challenge.

"The stages we did today were actually the easiest of the whole rally," said the man who sits in the navigator's seat. "It's going to get more and more difficult on Saturday and Sunday, so the really hard part is still to come!"

A final word about golf. Most golfers in the resorts around Faro are male, with comparatively few women out on the courses. One theory is that the name of the game stands for 'gentlemen only, ladies forbidden.'

This is pure fiction One look at the male golfers near Faro is enough to tell that not all of them are gentlemen. With the notable exception of Kimi and Kaj of course.

For more information about Red Bull, Kimi Raikkonen, and golfing etiquette, please see below:

More information on Red Bull Motorsports website:
http://www.redbullmotorsports.com

For a more conventional look at the Red Bull-backed Citroen drivers:
http://www.citroen-wrc.com

- Anthony Peacock-

Photo: Willy Weyens ©willyweyens-rallyworld
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 05:42  
F1 Routinier

SS8: Almondovar. 26.20km[red]Starts in 2hours and 45 minutes

Almondovar is the longest stage of the rally and a challenging mix of sweeping, high-speed roads and slower, more technical sections. It starts fast and flowing through open countryside and meadows. At the 4km point there’s a sequence of blind crests – starting with one that caught out Chris Atkinson, Manfred Stohl and Armindo Araujo in 2007. At 8.4km there’s a short stretch of tarmac and the road narrows, becoming barely wider than the cars as it winds downhill through a village. The middle section is rough and twisty with some big drops by the roadside and wooded sections. At 16km there’s a hairpin left and the stage opens out again, becoming fast and flowing. It flows downhill from the 19km point with big drops on both sides then tightens for a climb from 21km to the end.

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:11  
GP2 Driver

SS8 starts at 9:27am local time. so only 20 minutes to go :)

like Kaj said, it will be a tough day today. even harder than yesterday...... stay focused Iceman :cool:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:12  
F1 Routinier

yeah stay focussed and do well. 16 minutes to go for the start of SS8

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:26  
GP2 Driver

where is everybody :huh:

the stage is about to start...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:29  
F1 Routinier

SS8 is underway

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:31  
F1 Routinier

RUNNING ORDERS - DAY TWO: 1 Sébastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassia Citroen C4 WRC; 2 Dani Sordo/Marc Marti Citroen C4 WRC; 3 Sébastien Loeb/Daniel Elena Citroen C4 WRC; 4 Mikko Hirvonen/Jarmo Lehtinen Ford Focus RS WRC 09; 5 Petter Solberg/Phil Mills Citroen C4 WRC; 6 Jari-Matti Latvala/Mikka Anttila Ford Focus RS WRC 09; 7 Henning Solberg/Ilka Minor Ford Focus RS WRC 08; 8 Matthew Wilson/Scott Martin Ford Focus RS WRC 08; 9 Mads Ostberg/Jonas Andersson Subaru Impreza WRC2008; 10 Kimi Raikkonen/Kaj Lindstrom Citroen C4 WRC

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:33  
F1 Routinier

Ken Block will not restart today as the team had hoped. Damage to the roll cage of his Ford Focus after the incident on Friday has put him out of the event.

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 08:34  
F1 Routinier

so no Ken block anymore in this rally :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 127  Next