Rally de Portugal 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally de Portugal 2010

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 09:48

luieluv wrote:
brendakarli wrote:Am I the only one who still prefers to see him back in F1? Not that I dun appreciate this forum that brings me all the latest stuff on kimi, but I hate not being able to see him on TV or driving more than just tiny segments on you tube! After what Horner said, I feel like his return is completely not gonna happen and I have to settle for this setup for the rest of his career ::oops:;
Worry not. We surely have better things in store. Be it F1 or WRC. Kimi will always be a reason for joy in our life.
That was beautifully said, Luie :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 28 May 2010, 09:49

luieluv wrote:Our target and aim should be Henning Solberg..

Go Kimi... Get him
Get to the finish first and foremost! Preferably in one piece;)
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 28 May 2010, 09:50

Wolfie wrote:
Kinga wrote:
Lynx'niK wrote:
ReAlien wrote:He must be unhappy with the 10th place and I understand him....
yeah, and Ogier seems to be the next wdc material. Kimi is a talented guy but sometimes you´re not the best at things you really like. I like singing BUT I don´t believe I´m really good in it :lol:
Oh, you judge him by just these rallies? I've said before that I don't think he could be WDC in rally too but I wouldn't say he's not good at it. Others have been doing it for years... and Kimi's already can go faster than some of them! :zz:
Agree with you, Kinga! He has talent and if he stays in WRC he will take the championship one day. People forget so easily that all the others have been rallying for years in national series etc. whereas Kimi jumped in as a real rookie. First time he drove the WRC-car was in January.

Read what for example Juha Kankkunen, 4-times champion in rally, has to say:

- Kimi drives excellently, hats off to him. Kimi's situation is exactly the same situation other extremely talented young drivers have: too much time and money is spent with current regulations so that they could get the experience they need. No matter how talented the driver is, he has to drive for a too long time before achieving enough of experience so that he can start challenging the lead.

- Kimi's decision to learn to drive with Loeb's setups was an extremely sensible and smart thing - because you don't get to test these days. And when Kimi doesn't even have any experience from a WRC-car it's important for him to concentrate only on the pace notes and driving and learn to drive with a car that can't have that bad setups.

Daniel Sordo has sometimes said that he would have to participate ten times in Finland's rally so that he would get the same experience from Jyväskylä's roads as Carlos Sainz got during his learning period in the 80's.

- It's a good comparison. Even top talented drivers in rally have too many years ahead of them before they get the same level of experience top drivers have. And this has to change, Juha Kankkunen says.
Thanks those are some very sensible words!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 28 May 2010, 09:51

sordo seems to be firing all the cylinders today..

good for him
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 May 2010, 09:51

+9,2 at split 2 still slower than Blue pill

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 09:52

Kriss wrote:+9,2 at split 2 still slower than Blue pill
But he is driving during some cool music :cool:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 28 May 2010, 09:52

Times so far in SS3:

S. OGIER - 13:02.5
D. SORDO - 13:03.2
P. SOLBERG - 13:04.6
M. HIRVONEN - 13:11.1
S. LOEB - 13:12.7
J. LATVALA - 13:14.6
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 28 May 2010, 09:53

yep, Kinga I share your opinion. :hug:
Here´s a pearl of wisdom: Cobbler, stick to your last!

He has grown up with F1, it´s in his gene structure. But as motorsport in all genres is also in his genes he can show flashing performances in wrc but still he is more F1 wired.
An example: A singer sings always rock music and now he switches to classic music because he likes it more. He can sing it but his harsh voice doesn´t harmonize the way like it has been with rock roll.

I hope you understand a bit what I mean :blush:

BTW GO KIMBO :shhh:
Last edited by Lynx'niK on 28 May 2010, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 09:53

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
brendakarli wrote:Am I the only one who still prefers to see him back in F1? Not that I dun appreciate this forum that brings me all the latest stuff on kimi, but I hate not being able to see him on TV or driving more than just tiny segments on you tube! After what Horner said, I feel like his return is completely not gonna happen and I have to settle for this setup for the rest of his career ::oops:;
Worry not. We surely have better things in store. Be it F1 or WRC. Kimi will always be a reason for joy in our life.
That was beautifully said, Luie :hug:
Yes! :blush:

Lynx'niK: haha that was a good comparison. I think I get what you mean. :O

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 28 May 2010, 09:54

I like the IRC coverage Eurosport produced, so we know its possible to show rallye on tv.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 May 2010, 09:54

Wolfie wrote:
Kriss wrote:+9,2 at split 2 still slower than Blue pill
But he is driving during some cool music :cool:
I'm at the office so no cool music today :(

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 28 May 2010, 09:55

thanks guys... I really hope more will come from WRC if he's really not gonna be back in F1
The JINX

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 28 May 2010, 09:58

beefree88 wrote:
luieluv wrote:Our target and aim should be Henning Solberg..

Go Kimi... Get him
Get to the finish first and foremost! Preferably in one piece;)
+1
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 28 May 2010, 09:58

I only come once or twice per day here to check for his progress, but it sucks not to see him live on TV. It's almost like reading a newspaper now, far less interesting than watching something live. And I never liked radio, so it's not enough for me to listen to the official WRC radio.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 09:59

Lynx'niK wrote:yep, Kinga I share your opinion. :hug:
Here´s a pearl of wisdom: Cobbler, stick to your last!

He has grown up with F1, it´s in his gene structure. But as motorsport in all genres is also in his genes he can show flashing performances in wrc but still he is more F1 wired.
An example: A singer sings always rock music and now he switches to classic music because he likes it more. He can sing it but his harsh voice doesn´t harmonize the way like it has been with rock roll.

I hope you understand a bit what I mean :blush:

BTW GO KIMBO :shhh:
Sorry for going on about this Lynx, I respect your opinion but have a different one. From what I have learned about Kimi he has been trying out every vehicle with an engine ever since little and learned to master it. I believe that the same will happen in WRC if he is given the time -- which is going to be shorter than usually -- but he isn't the kind of guy who gives up before he has achieved his own goals.

That's why I can see him as a champion in WRC in the future. He has been switching during all of his life from one music to another.

And this time it's rockn' roll instead of pop :cool: