Rally de Portugal 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally de Portugal 2010

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 06:10

dindi wrote: Good job as usual, Kinga! LOL @ 6:52... Kaitsu fell asleep with Kimi's granny driving :D
:lol:

Thanks for the lovely comments, guys! :hug:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 02 Jun 2010, 07:28

dindi wrote:
Kinga wrote:Here's Rally Portugal video by me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzUR76DG94s

:) :blush:
Good job as usual, Kinga! LOL @ 6:52... Kaitsu fell asleep with Kimi's granny driving :D

LOL @ Sordo :D Kimi must really like you... he never lets anyone touch his hap! :D Seriously, it seems they get along really well :)

Chef, where are you? Sordo's co-driver told him when he hit a tree, "Atras, atras!" Amusing. Didn't know "atras" was Spanish :p
I just realized why Kimi gets on so well with Sordo. They have lots of shared interests
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Sordo
"Sordo began in motocross when he was 12 years old, but also experienced success with hillclimbing, karting and touring cars."
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 02 Jun 2010, 12:37

beefree88 wrote:
dindi wrote:
Kinga wrote:Here's Rally Portugal video by me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzUR76DG94s

:) :blush:
Good job as usual, Kinga! LOL @ 6:52... Kaitsu fell asleep with Kimi's granny driving :D

LOL @ Sordo :D Kimi must really like you... he never lets anyone touch his hap! :D Seriously, it seems they get along really well :)

Chef, where are you? Sordo's co-driver told him when he hit a tree, "Atras, atras!" Amusing. Didn't know "atras" was Spanish :p
I just realized why Kimi gets on so well with Sordo. They have lots of shared interests
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Sordo
"Sordo began in motocross when he was 12 years old, but also experienced success with hillclimbing, karting and touring cars."
For me its a pleasure to see how well the drivers have been accepting Kimi along them. :hug:
Kinga your videos are always worth waiting for.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 02 Jun 2010, 14:38

Kimi Portugal Rally Review
One Point and lots of happening

It was exactly how we expected it would to be: Tha Rally de Portugal was as trickyas the Rally of Jordan.We got the right information. I guess, these two are the most difficult rallies in the calender.

We finished the rally in Jordan and we managed to finish the in the rally in Portugal as well. Now we got some points from three sucessive races. It's ok result, but, obviously, it could have e little bit better in Portugal.

We had P8 in our hands, but we then had few problems, lost a lot of time and finally we were happy to finish the rally in sunday. Tha puncture on sunday morning was an annoying experience, but s*** happens. It's a part of motor racing and it happens to all for us sometimes.

Right in the beginning we lost time, while we went out of the road and had push the car back using the reserve. Then on Sunday morning the feeling in the car was better and better, I cut a corner too fast and we had a big moment on two wheels, Well, we were lucky. I didn't roll over and it came back. After that it was a just question to bring car home.

It was like in every rally that the surface changes radically, while you do the stage for a second time.
Obviously, it was very difficult route all the way long and the changes, they were even bigger compared to other places.

The gap to the top guys is huge, but there is nothing surprising in that. We have know since the very beginning of this season, that the front runners are very, very quick. You have to have a lot confidence in your car and a lot kilometres in rally to match with them.
Now there is a new winner in WRC rally. Ogier is a really strong rally driver and deserved his first victory after coming so close already in New Zealand. Obviously, I remember well how nice feeling I've got after winning my first Formula One Grand Prix in Malaysia back in 2003. It's always a special thing for a racing driver.

Now we head for the Lanterna Rally in Italy. We got an opportunity to have some training on tarmac before the next WRC rally in Bulgaria in july.

After that I will keenly watch the football world cup and some other sports, while we have some weeks to chill out.
Source:KIMIRAIKKONEN.COM
http://grandprixgirlsf1-en.blogspot.com ... eview.html

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 02 Jun 2010, 15:02

Anelise wrote:Kimi Portugal Rally Review

It was exactly how we expected it would to be: Tha Rally de Portugal was as trickyas the Rally of Jordan.We got the right information. I guess, these two are the most difficult rallies in the calender.

We finished the rally in Jordan and we managed to finish the in the rally in Portugal as well. Now we got some points from three sucessive races. It's ok result, but, obviously, it could have e little bit better in Portugal.

We had P8 in our hands, but we then had few problems, lost a lot of time and finally we were happy to finish the rally in sunday. Tha puncture on sunday morning was an annoying experience, but s*** happens. It's a part of motor racing and it happens to all for us sometimes.

Right in the beginning we lost time, while we went out of the road and had push the car back using the reserve. Then on Sunday morning the feeling in the car was better and better, I cut a corner too fast and we had a big moment on two wheels, Well, we were lucky. I didn't roll over and it came back. After that it was a just question to bring car home.

It was like in every rally that the surface changes radically, while you do the stage for a second time.
Obviously, it was very difficult route all the way long and the changes, they were even bigger compared to other places.

The gap to the top guys is huge, but there is nothing surprising in that. We have know since the very beginning of this season, that the front runners are very, very quick. You have to have a lot confidence in your car and a lot kilometres in rally to match with them.
Now there is a new winner in WRC rally. Ogier is a really strong rally driver and deserved his first victory after coming so close already in New Zealand. Obviously, I remember well how nice feeling I've got after winning my first Formula One Grand Prix in Malaysia back in 2003. It's always a special thing for a racing driver.

Now we head for the Lanterna Rally in Italy. We got an opportunity to have some training on tarmac before the next WRC rally in Bulgaria in july.

After that I will keenly watch the football world cup and some other sports, while we have some weeks to chill out.
I still remember Kimi's first win like it was yesterday. :)

Thanks Anelise. :thumbsup:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 02 Jun 2010, 15:08

sleenster wrote:
Anelise wrote:Kimi Portugal Rally Review

I still remember Kimi's first win like it was yesterday. :)

Thanks Anelise. :thumbsup:
then comeback to f1 kimi... you will feel that again... :pray: :O :)

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 02 Jun 2010, 15:10

I love that he says he's going to watch the World Cup - it made me smile :lol:

Thanks for the review :wave:

marrie17
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by marrie17 » 02 Jun 2010, 15:45

Thanks for the review Anelise! :) It has been a while since his last review, i really missed it, so it feels so good to be able to read it back!

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 17:30

Thanks Anelise....

Like Kimi i thope we all can watch the football world cup in peace :lol: :lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 17:49

ish678 wrote:I love that he says he's going to watch the World Cup - it made me smile :lol:
Yeah, I didn't know that he is at all interested in football!!! But, if so.. then goooo Portugal, cheer with me for them, Kimi!!!! :shhh:

Btw, it's great that there's a new review, there wasn't a Portugal preview at all and I feared there won't be any anymore. :)

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 02 Jun 2010, 23:31

Yeah, I didn't think he liked football either. I seem to remember before the GP in Barcelona last year he was asked if he was going to watch the Champions League match between Barcelona and Chelsea and he said no in a sort of "are you kidding me, football sucks" kind of way :lol:

Maybe Kimi has been hit by World Cup Fever! :shhh: :p

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 02 Jun 2010, 23:54

ish678 wrote:Yeah, I didn't think he liked football either. I seem to remember before the GP in Barcelona last year he was asked if he was going to watch the Champions League match between Barcelona and Chelsea and he said no in a sort of "are you kidding me, football sucks" kind of way :lol:

i think he might be watching the stanley cup, the blackhawks vs the flyers. Antti Niemi is the goaltender for the hawks.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 03 Jun 2010, 00:16

Maria d wrote:
ish678 wrote:Yeah, I didn't think he liked football either. I seem to remember before the GP in Barcelona last year he was asked if he was going to watch the Champions League match between Barcelona and Chelsea and he said no in a sort of "are you kidding me, football sucks" kind of way :lol:

i think he might be watching the stanley cup, the blackhawks vs the flyers. Antti Niemi is the goaltender for the hawks.
Aww I remember Antti Niemi - he was awesome :)

Edit: Wait a minute - Stanley Cup is an ice hockey tournament, right? Antti Niemi plays ice hockey now?! :huh:

(Sorry for going wildly off topic) :blush:

Edit #2: OK, I've worked it out now after turning to good old Wikipedia - so there's another Antti Niemi that plays ice hockey. The one that used to be a goalkeeper in football is a different Antti Niemi altogether. Phew. I confused myself good and proper there :lol: I can sleep easy now :p

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 03 Jun 2010, 00:28

ish678 wrote:
Maria d wrote:

Aww I remember Antti Niemi - he was awesome :)

Edit: Wait a minute - Stanley Cup is an ice hockey tournament, right? Antti Niemi plays ice hockey now?! :huh:

(Sorry for going wildly off topic) :blush:
thats ok i did not know there is 2 Antti Niemi, are they both from Finland?
Off-Topic: show
Edit #2: OK, I've worked it out now after turning to good old Wikipedia - so there's another Antti Niemi that plays ice hockey. The one that used to be a goalkeeper in football is a different Antti Niemi altogether. Phew. I confused myself good and proper there :lol: I can sleep easy now :p
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 03 Jun 2010, 00:37

Maria d wrote: thats ok i did not know there is 2 Antti Niemi, are they both from Finland?
Off-Topic: show
Yeah, apparently the footballer is from somewhere called Oulu but he spent most of his playing career in England which is how I know about him :)