Appletrees rally stories

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Appletrees rally stories

Post by valuk » 07 Aug 2010, 07:37

apple wrote:
valuk wrote:
apple wrote:
valuk wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Is mountain climbing popular in Finland? It is very popular here but I haven´t heard a lot about Finnish climbers.

We have a few of them, Veikka Gustafsson is the most famous one and nowadays climbing is popular hobby amongst school kids when they have a camping schools.

"googled" him, very impressive

Yep, very patient,very calm and easy going type . He is known not to take any risks at all while climbing. Thats why he is still alive I think. He has turned back many times about 100 meters from the top as the weather has changed. Then he has tried again about two years later. Got to be very determined to be the mountain climber.

Our maybe most famous mountain climber was Tomaž Humar. To me he is to mountain climbing what Senna is to F1. He mostly climbed solo, alpine-style. He died in the himalayas last year. Here is part of his biography http://www.humar.com/?viewPage=97. He was criticised for the media hype that surrounded his climbing http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adven ... humar.html. After that he climbed totally alone. No media, solo. People who accused him of being a pop icon start accusing him of being careless. That is what one of his critics said: "Why can't Humar just shut up and die like a real alpinist?" Sadly he did.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 07 Aug 2010, 08:06

valuk wrote:
apple wrote:
valuk wrote:
apple wrote:
valuk wrote:
Is mountain climbing popular in Finland? It is very popular here but I haven´t heard a lot about Finnish climbers.

We have a few of them, Veikka Gustafsson is the most famous one and nowadays climbing is popular hobby amongst school kids when they have a camping schools.

"googled" him, very impressive

Yep, very patient,very calm and easy going type . He is known not to take any risks at all while climbing. Thats why he is still alive I think. He has turned back many times about 100 meters from the top as the weather has changed. Then he has tried again about two years later. Got to be very determined to be the mountain climber.

Our maybe most famous mountain climber was Tomaž Humar. To me he is to mountain climbing what Senna is to F1. He mostly climbed solo, alpine-style. He died in the himalayas last year. Here is part of his biography http://www.humar.com/?viewPage=97. He was criticised for the media hype that surrounded his climbing http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adven ... humar.html. After that he climbed totally alone. No media, solo. People who accused him of being a pop icon start accusing him of being careless. That is what one of his critics said: "Why can't Humar just shut up and die like a real alpinist?" Sadly he did.

Wow, his passion really seem to reflect from the text..Gustafsson has climbed only few times solo, and I think two years ago they made a puppet, an image of him ,it was suppose to be the hero without guns .. Otherwise Gustafsson has been quite silent guy, finnish Yle called him last year time to time while he was climbing his last 8 thousand mountain.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 24 Aug 2010, 10:29

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

I began to be a desperate while listening the voice of apples that kept falling down from the trees. Dry for weeks now. Nothing new. Silent. I even heard my heart once in a while amongst that apple dropping contest. Its steady rhytmn kept telling me I am alive but nothing more.
My tree was alright. It had only one apple and I was sure its going to be there as long as the world exists. I began to be a little curious about it.
" How you think all the other trees will cope with this ?" I asked from tree and wawed my hand around me.
"First and most important thing is to survive. These little apples will come alive in other forms. "
"To survive...From somewhat reason I began to think Kimi. I guess tree had something to do with it.Sometimes it feeds me with its thoughts when it doesnt want me to be too curious about its plans.
"aha..you want me to skip the garden?"
" Oh, there is gardens allright. Just dont get too exited about it." Tree warned me. It remembered the last time I left myself for a days with a certain old olive tree.
"Come on! It had sore joints."
I hadnt even stepped my foot on the ground of the wineyards when the huge sound of thousands of beating hearts almost hit me . Like all the apples of the world were dropping. I almost fainted under the weight of that confusion that those hearts left me.Someone had said big words and the hearts were scared. So scared.

I already knew where I would find Kimi. We are at the wine area ,you know.
There sat Kimi and Kaj, wine classes in their hands.
"Hello,boys..are you celebrating something?"Kimi tasted his wine, looked around him, put the wine away and took the big beer class from behind his back. I am sure the gods didnt mind...
Kaj looked at Kimi and sighed
"Never change...oh, yeah, Kimi won his first stage! I am sure thats why he is allowed to drink beer in a french team in a wine area. kaj looked like he had had too much lemons.
"Oh..where is your map Kimi? I asked very slowly. Because Kimi didnt have his map.
And he was seemingly uncomfortable.
"Is this those boyish moments when you feel like a two years old and you dont want to give a fck about the world and fans and everything that surrounds you?"
" I know where I am going from here."
Kimi whispered.
I waited. My heart was in my throat but I knew I have to be silent and let him tell.
"Sometimes..you just have to survive. I have been for ten years now on the platform for people to see. But there on the platform is just pieces of me and the other pieces are hidden in places I dont want people to see. There I am just an ordinary guy, with ordinary needs with hopes and dreams that are not going to happen if I continue to be on the platform. I cant forget those things and sometimes..they give so strong messages to me that I get confused .
This year hasnt been easy for me. I am used to winning, used to think I know everything about my work and now I am like in a beginning of all..And I dont know if I can cope with it. To start all over again. " Then Kimi laughed a little."For once I said exactly how I feel at the moment in an interview and everyone went grazy ."
I looked at Kaj and he stared at me very intensively. I knew, just dont say a word.
" But..you know, driving those roads, sun flashing in the leaves,rocks and ground..it gives you the feeling you are flying. You dont feel your arms and legs or the seat you are sitting on, everything vanishes and the world goes faster and faster and you feel you are on the wawe, ahead of the world. You just hope it never ends." Kimi smiled.
"You have felt the flow!" I couldnt hide my joy.
"yes, and I think, I want to feel it again. Once you feel it ,you cant let it go. Thats why, dont feel betrayed or scared. I dont need a map now as my direction is one at the time..just one at the time."
"Okay...err..Kaj, stop staring that beer class and go and get one to yourself. Its time to clebrate and do it as you like!"
"Now..where are those germans.. they have all the beer." Kaj mumbled and went to look for.
I looked at Kimi and he looked over the hills to the direction of Belgium. I knew his chost was going to fly there. Wanted he or not.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Aug 2010, 10:52

Brilliant One. This one has lots of depth and Fun. I hope someday the tree too would get Crunk and give us one Crunky Story about Kimi's wild sessions on and off the track.

At times i have tears in my eyes but this time its all smile on my face. You Rock apple.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 24 Aug 2010, 10:54

Yes, it happened how I thought, Apple! That they or Kimi would be drinking wine and the vineyard is there too. Although Germans are famous for the beer. :O

Amazing story! :hug:

Dan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dan » 24 Aug 2010, 11:28

apple wrote:BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

"Sometimes..you just have to survive. I have been for ten years now on the platform for people to see. But there on the platform is just pieces of me and the other pieces are hidden in places I dont want people to see. There I am just an ordinary guy, with ordinary needs with hopes and dreams that are not going to happen if I continue to be on the platform. I cant forget those things and sometimes..they give so strong messages to me that I get confused .
This year hasnt been easy for me. I am used to winning, used to think I know everything about my work and now I am like in a beginning of all..And I dont know if I can cope with it. To start all over again. "
......I looked at Kimi and he looked over the hills to the direction of Belgium. I knew his chost was going to fly there. Wanted he or not.

Just beautiful!

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 24 Aug 2010, 12:21

Dan wrote:

This year hasnt been easy for me. I am used to winning, used to think I know everything about my work and now I am like in a beginning of all..And I dont know if I can cope with it. To start all over again. "
......I looked at Kimi and he looked over the hills to the direction of Belgium. I knew his chost was going to fly there. Wanted he or not.

Just beautiful!

+1 :thumbsup:

If you sell the appletrees book, I definitely want one and buy it, Apple :hug:
I love your story very very much :hug:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 24 Aug 2010, 12:36

luieluv wrote:Brilliant One. This one has lots of depth and Fun. I hope someday the tree too would get Crunk and give us one Crunky Story about Kimi's wild sessions on and off the track.

At times i have tears in my eyes but this time its all smile on my face. You Rock apple.

Oh, yes, in my mind has been sometimes a story that would be a total mess of F1 and rally and other things. Maybe some day I will write a story that leaves no one safe. :n

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 24 Aug 2010, 12:41

luviceman wrote:
Dan wrote:

Just beautiful!

A book? :blink:

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 24 Aug 2010, 13:01

You got me worried here. :fear:
Great story once again. :thumbsup:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Aug 2010, 13:38

apple wrote:
luviceman wrote:
Dan wrote:

Just beautiful!

A book? :blink:

Why not??

Can you imagine how convenient it would be when i could read your stories while travelling to work or probably late nights when i dont feel sleepy and need some soothing Kimi therapy. What better way than to read your stories. :hug:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Aug 2010, 13:49

OMG Eeva!!! You made me cry!!! :lol: The whole story it was great, but this last sentence...My heart melted!!! :) I love your stories Eeva...thanks for being so kind with us and writing such beautiful words!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 Aug 2010, 22:53

I hadnt even stepped my foot on the ground of the wineyards when the huge sound of thousands of beating hearts almost hit me . Like all the apples of the world were dropping. I almost fainted under the weight of that confusion that those hearts left me.Someone had said big words and the hearts were scared. So scared.

Thank you Apple :hug:

It really feels like the whole world stops to listen when Kimi is ready to tell us what he already knows.

When the right time comes, when the right time comes....

If only it would be soon :fear:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 26 Aug 2010, 11:38

Great Apple!

And you are right: beer is much better than wine :O
I miss a babysitter

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 27 Aug 2010, 06:47

:( at the last line *watery-eyed*

Love the title by the way... same title as a really nice song by Sting :)