Kimi's columns

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi's columns

Post by Wolfie » 21 Oct 2010, 19:23

Kimi Rally Catalunya preview in Finnish

FROM BIRTHDAY PARTY TO SETUP-GYMNASTIC

I got one more year on Sunday. Hopefully it also means speed. At least we get to try out during the weekend how far our pace will take us.

Kaitsu and I have been waiting for rally Catalunya with a good feeling. The learning year continues and now we go to a rally that suits me the best. Hopefully it will be dry so that we can go on good roads all the time.

Those dudes in the lead have the same advantage again since they know most part of the route beforehand. But so does Kaitsu too and I'm sure it will benefit us somehow. Although in the final games the old notes doesn't help much.

We start from where we left the last time since we haven't had any testing after France. Loeb already secured his championship the last time but it doesn't change this rally in any way. Everybody will try just as hard and it will become a tough twist again.

Since I haven't drove there before I can't say what it means that they have changed the first day. Now it's almost completely gravel. It's going to be one hell of a gymnastic in the beginning with the setups when the surface changes.

It doesn't change the driving though. The goal is always the same and we try to immediately get a good driving feeling, keep the car undamaged and finish the rally without bigger blunders.

The last couple of rallies went like they went. No use in worrying since blunders are blunders and you can only learn from them. Sometimes it's up to a thing as small as losing horridly time when going into some dark place. That's why I'm here collecting the experience so that we would stay on the road all the time.

Now we concentrate on Spain. I always digged Barcelona during my F1-time and hope that this would be yet one cool weekend again at this spot.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 21 Oct 2010, 20:03

from birthday party to setup-gymnastic? :lol:

thanks Nikki :hug:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 21 Oct 2010, 20:07

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:from birthday party to setup-gymnastic? :lol:

thanks Nikki :hug:
+1 :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 21 Oct 2010, 22:48

Great job Nicole! :O

vikz22
car driver
car driver

Post by vikz22 » 27 Oct 2010, 15:04

I've missed reading these columns!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Oct 2010, 17:48

vikz22 wrote:I've missed reading these columns!!
Vik22, great to see you here, welcome :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 10 Nov 2010, 19:16

Kimi Rally GB Preview

The trickiest challenge

It has been a great experience to get through the whole WRC season. We are almost there. One to go and then it´s time for a proper holiday.

Obviously, it has not been easy. But I never expected that. The rally is such a new event for me. Driving in a rally differs completely from driving in Formule One. I'm still a rookie in this sport and I have always been fond of trying to learn new things.

You have to remember that the top guys go very fast in a rally car. You just have to be patient and try to get closer to them, gaining experience step by step.

Well, the autumn has given us some tough times. We have lost some important miles in a couple of the last rallies. It would have been nice to get them, but it's useless to worry too much afterwards.

The Red Bull Citroen team has been doing a real great job all the time. They are top-level professionals and it has been a pleasure to work with them so closely. Citroen clinched, well deservedly, both drivers' and constructors' championships. The French really know how to do it in rallying.

Congratulations to the Red Bull F1 Team, too. They won the constructors' championship in F1 for the first time. I´ve been around to won that title for a couple of times and I know how great achievement that is for everybody in the team.

Luckily our season is not over yet. We know very well how big a challenge we have ahead on the roads in Wales. I guess beforehand this is the trickiest rally in this WRC calendar while the weather will be bad.

This is the last rally with the generation of these WRC cars. Obviously it's important for all of us to have a memorable finall rally. We have to be very punctual all the time. The target is to find the good rhythm quickly and finish the season with the positive feeling.

My co-driver Kaj Lindstrom has been here many times before. He has seen all the weather variations and, for sure, his valuable experience gives a big help during this weekend, too.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Nov 2010, 22:59

Thank you Ludy :) Hoping the Finnish preview would be in sometime soon :(
Off-Topic: show
Ludy, what was Brazil GP like? Hope you enjoyed it :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 10 Nov 2010, 23:19

Wolfie wrote:Thank you Ludy :) Hoping the Finnish preview would be in sometime soon :(
You´re welcome Nikki!!! :O
The weekend was good, I had a lot of fun, met some great friends. I am happy for Vettel's victory! :) But it was a bit hard to be at Interlagos and not have Kimi there. My heart ached a lot! I had tears in my eyes ::oops:; Anyway... We are still posting some pics but if you want to see it, here's the permanent link: http://www.octetort.com/search/label/Di ... sil%202010

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Nov 2010, 23:22

Ice-Ludy wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Thank you Ludy :) Hoping the Finnish preview would be in sometime soon :(
You´re welcome Nikki!!! :O
The weekend was good, I had a lot of fun, met some great friends. I am happy for Vettel's victory! :) But it was a bit hard to be at Interlagos and not have Kimi there. My heart ached a lot! I had tears in my eyes ::oops:; Anyway... We are still posting some pics but if you want to see it, here's the permanent link: http://www.octetort.com/search/label/Di ... sil%202010
Oi, can only imagine what it was like :hug: But at least Vettel won... I will go and check out the pictures, thanks :shhh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Nov 2010, 20:52

Kimi Rally GB preview in Finnish

MORE THAN ENOUGH OF CHALLENGES

It has been a really great experience to race a full WRC-serie. This hasn't been easy but I didn't expect it to be it either at any point. This is afterall a completely new sport to me and the difference between driving F1 is terribly big.

One also has to remember that the dudes in the lead go really fast in this sport.

For the rest of us the basis for comparison has been quite correct all the time.

We went through hard times in autumn. It would have been cool to have those kilometers we lost under the belt but since we haven't there's nothing we can do about it. You don't get them back anymore.

The team has worked just as greatly and professionally as one can wish.

The cooperation with the team has also worked well. It's been great to work with them. Citroen won the manufacturer's and the driver's titles and they more than deserved them. These Frenchmen, they really know how to do it.

Red Bull won the WCC for the first time in F1. Congratulations to their team too. I've been around a couple of times winning a championship like that and I know how much it means to the whole team.

Fortunately our season isn't over yet. We can expect some challenging conditions in Wales. This has to be the most difficult rally beforehand when the weather is what it is, rainy and foggy. Let's see what is waiting for us there.

With our starting positions we have to be really careful. Just go with the tongue in the middle of the mouth, look for a good rhythm and try to end the season with a positive feeling.

Kaitsu has been in those forests many times, he has seen the conditions and I'm sure his experience will help us under these special conditions.

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 14 Nov 2010, 07:48

thank you as always, Wolfie :hug:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 28 Nov 2010, 20:54

Courtesy TaniaS
Kimi’s Column, review 2010: Tricky season, but great fun
Well, the rally season 2010 is over. It was a tough year. Trying to learn the WRC car and eleven completely new rallies during the season was a huge challenge for a rookie like me. But it was a great fun, too.

I liked the new experience very much, indeed. It was as difficult as we could expect, but I have all but negative feelings going though it.

It was a season full of ups and downs. There were some good times, there were some bad times. But that’s how it usually goes in the world of motor sports. Obviously, there were some people expecting us to make miracles after a couple of first rallies. But, in the end of the day, there was no reason to wait for more from this rookie season of mine.

We finished the last rally in Wales. It feels good every time you finish a race. The Rally of Britain was a truly challenging one. We’ve got storm, rain, ice-slippery roads, no sight ahead from time to time. It was an adventure and to finish it with some points was a nice finish for this WRC season.

It was also the end of an era for these WRC cars. They are really great cars and it was a privilege to have a season with them, too.

Obviously, the season offered many different kind of rally roads. The tarmac doesn’t mean tarmac like it is in Formula One. It’s only semi-tarmac every time, while there is so much gravel and dirt on the road. Coming in as from circuit racing the only real asphalts were those short show stages in the cities.

The RedBull Citroen WRC team keeps winning the championships. They are true professionals in and out. You have to give the highest note for them every time for their effort.

Now it’s time for a break. I chill out with friends and my family like I usually do in this time of the year. I’ll keep training and keep having fun in motor racing. The Christmas time is coming and I plan to spend that peaceful period at home, like always.

For the next year we continue talking to people. When we have something signed and sealed, we tell you.

Thank you all fans for the support and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The race goes on 2011.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Nov 2010, 09:29

Anelise wrote:Courtesy TaniaS
Kimi’s Column, review 2010: Tricky season, but great fun
Well, the rally season 2010 is over. It was a tough year. Trying to learn the WRC car and eleven completely new rallies during the season was a huge challenge for a rookie like me. But it was a great fun, too.

I liked the new experience very much, indeed. It was as difficult as we could expect, but I have all but negative feelings going though it.

It was a season full of ups and downs. There were some good times, there were some bad times. But that’s how it usually goes in the world of motor sports. Obviously, there were some people expecting us to make miracles after a couple of first rallies. But, in the end of the day, there was no reason to wait for more from this rookie season of mine.

We finished the last rally in Wales. It feels good every time you finish a race. The Rally of Britain was a truly challenging one. We’ve got storm, rain, ice-slippery roads, no sight ahead from time to time. It was an adventure and to finish it with some points was a nice finish for this WRC season.

It was also the end of an era for these WRC cars. They are really great cars and it was a privilege to have a season with them, too.

Obviously, the season offered many different kind of rally roads. The tarmac doesn’t mean tarmac like it is in Formula One. It’s only semi-tarmac every time, while there is so much gravel and dirt on the road. Coming in as from circuit racing the only real asphalts were those short show stages in the cities.

The RedBull Citroen WRC team keeps winning the championships. They are true professionals in and out. You have to give the highest note for them every time for their effort.

Now it’s time for a break. I chill out with friends and my family like I usually do in this time of the year. I’ll keep training and keep having fun in motor racing. The Christmas time is coming and I plan to spend that peaceful period at home, like always.

For the next year we continue talking to people. When we have something signed and sealed, we tell you.

Thank you all fans for the support and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. The race goes on 2011.
:shhh:

Have a nice holiday Kimi :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 29 Nov 2010, 11:01

yeah, have a nice holiday, Kimi :)

and thank you all for the info! :hug: