Kimi's columns

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi's columns

Post by Kriss » 15 Apr 2010, 14:28

Thank you Nikki :hug:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 15 Apr 2010, 14:37

Thanks Nicole...

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 16:11

Thanks Nicole
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 16 Apr 2010, 13:32

The beginning of the season has taught me that I just have to move along humbly.
I loved this part very much. Bless this boy.

Kiitos, Nikki :)

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 03 Jun 2010, 10:59

Kimi Portugal Rally review
One Point and lots of happening
It was exactly how we expected it would to be: Tha Rally de Portugal was as trickyas the Rally of Jordan.We got the right information. I guess, these two are the most difficult rallies in the calender.

We finished the rally in Jordan and we managed to finish the in the rally in Portugal as well. Now we got some points from three sucessive races. It's ok result, but, obviously, it could have e little bit better in Portugal.

We had P8 in our hands, but we then had few problems, lost a lot of time and finally we were happy to finish the rally in sunday. Tha puncture on sunday morning was an annoying experience, but *** No swearing*** happens. It's a part of motor racing and it happens to all for us sometimes.

Right in the beginning we lost time, while we went out of the road and had push the car back using the reserve. Then on Sunday morning the feeling in the car was better and better, I cut a corner too fast and we had a big moment on two wheels, Well, we were lucky. I didn't roll over and it came back. After that it was a just question to bring car home.

It was like in every rally that the surface changes radically, while you do the stage for a second time.
Obviously, it was very difficult route all the way long and the changes, they were even bigger compared to other places.

The gap to the top guys is huge, but there is nothing surprising in that. We have know since the very beginning of this season, that the front runners are very, very quick. You have to have a lot confidence in your car and a lot kilometres in rally to match with them.

Now there is a new winner in WRC rally. Ogier is a really strong rally driver and deserved his first victory after coming so close already in New Zealand. Obviously, I remember well how nice feeling I've got after winning my first Formula One Grand Prix in Malaysia back in 2003. It's always a special thing for a racing driver.

Now we head for the Lanterna Rally in Italy. We got an opportunity to have some training on tarmac before the next WRC rally in Bulgaria in july.

After that I will keenly watch the football world cup and some other sports, while we have some weeks to chill out.
Source: KIMIRAIKKONEN.COM

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 03 Jun 2010, 11:01

Thank you, Anelise :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 03 Jun 2010, 14:10

Obrigada!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jun 2010, 13:57

Kimi Portugal Rally review in Finnish

One Championship-point with all spices

It went just like we figured out beforehand. Portugal's rally was just as difficult as Jordan's was. The info we got beforehand about those two rallies absolutely held water.

We crossed the finish line again and now we have a straight of three rallies, from which we scored points. It's completely okay. But this Portugal rally could have gone a little better.

We already had 8th position in the fork but then a few things happened which took time and we dropped a couple of positions lower. The puncture on Sunday morning was annoying but those things happen to everyone. It's afterall the name of the game in motorsport.

We lost a lot of time right in the beginning when we went into the bushes and had to exercise the car back on the road by throwing it in reverse. Then on Sunday I got a bit too much confidence in the car and we cut a corner so that we went on two tyres for some time. Fortunately it didn't roll over. It was a tough spot.

And it was once again the same, conditions changed radically on stages when driving on them for the second time. It's more or less the same in each rally.

On top of that the route in Portugal was so difficult that the changes there were even bigger.

The difference to the old guys in the lead grew bigger again but that's nothing surprising.

We have known all the time that the lead goes really fast. It requires a hard confidence in the car and a lot of kilometers under the belt to catch them.

It's a great thing for rally that there was a new winner. Ogier is a tough racing guy and he deserved to win because he got so close already in New Zealand. I remember well how cool it feels when I won my first GP in Malaysia.

It's kind of a special thing for racers.

Now we go next to Lanterna to drive rally in Italy. We get to train a little on tarmac so that it's better in the glove for the next WRC-rally in Bulgaria, in July.

After that it's cool to check out WC-soccer and other sports because we have a few week's break from rally.

Wolfie: In Finland when we buy a hotdog we say 'One hotdog with all spices, thank you'

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 04 Jun 2010, 14:15

Thanks Nicole!!!!!! :hug:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 04 Jun 2010, 14:26

Mille grazie Wolfie! :hug:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 05 Jun 2010, 11:45

thank you nicole...

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 05 Jun 2010, 18:33

Kiitos, Nikki!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 08 Jul 2010, 12:56

Kimi Bulgaria preview in Finnish

TO THE TARMAC WITH FEELING!

The break in June came and went. We chilled out a bit and did some work too.

It was a good break. Now it feels like starting a new season again.

At this point we go to tarmac. It doesn't help that I have been hammering tracks all my life. Driving rally on tarmac is a completely different deal than driving on the track.

Somehow it just feels more familiar to me. There's more grip even though it changes all the time. I've been waiting for a tarmac rally and here it is now.

It's a fact but it's also a fact that the lead goes fast whether it's gravel or tarmac.

After Portugal I drove one rally in Italy and tested for two days in France.

That Italian small rally served it's purpose well. It was my first tarmac rally with a WRC-car and I was pleased with the result. We found the speed immediately, got some touch into the car and to the right racing circumstances. It was important that we could practice notes and making them on tarmac.

Then we also had a good test. Everything worked. I got a lot more self-confidence and touch in the car. The feelings were best so far.

The grip is more even on tarmac but when you cut the corners with a rally car the grip changes all the time. It's the same on all surfaces.

Turkey was the first new place for everybody and we did well. It has been my best rally so far. Bulgaria is also a new place for everybody just like Turkey was. It probably helps us a little but let's just keep the goals the same.

First we have to get to the chequered flag and feel better that the car is mine.

Let's see after that what the result is.

It would be important to find a good rhythm right from the first stage. The dudes in the lead already have the experience in the back of their head so they will immediately go fast. The routine comes only after we have had enough rally kilometers.

I can tell you that much that it's fun. I have the feeling that I'm learning more all the time. After Bulgaria the tests for Jyskälä starts. And then we drive our home race. These are the highlights of the season.

At this time of year drivers are taken and brought into every place in the rumour mills. The circus is the same in F1 as it is in WRC too. I don't stress about them at all. We make decisions when it's time for it. I guess I will be driving somewhere next year too....

aivilk
car driver
car driver

Post by aivilk » 08 Jul 2010, 13:03

Thanks Nicole :hug:
When you've got nothing, you've got something pure that no one can take away. As soon as you've got
something, some c***'s gonna come and take it off you.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 08 Jul 2010, 13:04

thanks wolfie,
why did he not complete the last sentence ? that man has no stress.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen