Kimi's columns

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi's columns

Post by Leijona » 09 Jul 2010, 11:31

tigerlily wrote:
beefree88 wrote: Wish you to have at least as good experience at Neste Rallye as Spa was! :)
Thank you, beefree :O
I can't wait going to Finland!
the weather has been great so far - maybe even a little bit too hot. hopefully it won't turn for the worse when the rally is held here.... hopefully it won't rain in Jyväskylä :pray:

will you be here for a long time?

tigerlily
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by tigerlily » 09 Jul 2010, 18:11

Leijona wrote:
tigerlily wrote:
beefree88 wrote: Wish you to have at least as good experience at Neste Rallye as Spa was! :)
Thank you, beefree :O
I can't wait going to Finland!
the weather has been great so far - maybe even a little bit too hot. hopefully it won't turn for the worse when the rally is held here.... hopefully it won't rain in Jyväskylä :pray:

will you be here for a long time?
Yeah, I hope the weather is fine. No rain :pray:

After Rally Finland, I'm going to visit Espoo :O
Then I'll go to Stockholm and Bergen in Noway.
After that I'll back to Helsinki for the Helsinki Motorsport Weekend.

I wish I could stay Europe during whole summer but I have to return to Japan.
Then I'm flying to Europe again for Rally Germany.
I'm going to Rally Japan, too!!
Three consecutive rallies. I hardly believe myself. I'm crazy :blush:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 09 Jul 2010, 18:12

You're so lucky, Lily san!!!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 14 Jul 2010, 14:34

Kimi Bulgaria Rally review in Finnish

SPEED YES, RESULT NO

We are collecting experience here. We got a nice amount of it from Bulgaria's rally. Speed-wise it was already okay even though we didn't get anything result-wise.

It was a new place for everybody. The stages were great and it's a great rally as long as they put things in the organisator-department in condition. Now they even let the ambulance come to the stage when we were in the ditch.

I was left with a good mood. More good than bad. If I could have kept the car on the road on Friday during the last stage, Citroen would have got first five positions in the endresults for sure. Our pace would have been enough for the 5th position.

We started very well. I feel the grip on tarmac better and we can go faster. You could see it from the speed how the difference to the leading guys stayed small. All the work that we have been doing during the beginning of the season is starting to pay itself back. I still have a lot to learn but at least we saw that we were going in the right direction.

The roll bugs me. It wasn't any dramatical thing. I just waited a little too long before hitting the brakes. There was loose sand on that spot. Had it been clean we could have got it turned back on the road. Instead we went from a slow speed on the roof.

I didn't have the greatest feelings on Saturday morning. When we were those ten minutes behind, we were so far away that I didn't exactly have any other job than to take the remaining two days as testing.

Then it just started to go again. We saw that we got closer to the last points. On Sunday we got the car even better which will help in the following rallies on tarmac.

We did our everything to catch up with Henning Solberg but since he didn't make any mistake we just couldn't get close enough. If we would have drove that one cancelled stage, then we might have been able to get up in the group of ten.

I learned a lot again. Next we go to Jyskälä. We have a couple days of testing before it and we already have notes from last year. It's the highlight of the season and the feelings just get better and better now that we know the place from before.

It's a completely different thing to drive there with a WRC than with a S2000 but the stages are the same again. If we can make it without mistakes, then it's good.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Jul 2010, 15:30

thanks Nikki for translating ang posting, it's always nice to read Kimi's oppinion :hug:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Jul 2010, 15:30

Thanks dear Wolfie :hug:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 14 Jul 2010, 16:22

Acropolis wrote:Thanks dear Wolfie :hug:
+1
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 14 Jul 2010, 16:24

Thanks a lot sweetheart ! :hug:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 14 Jul 2010, 17:27

Wolfie wrote:Kimi Bulgaria Rally review in Finnish

SPEED YES, RESULT NO
Thanks a lot, Wolfie! :cool: :hug:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 14 Jul 2010, 20:56

That's some serious positivity pouring out of Kimi there. And I like it.

Thanks Wolfie :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Jul 2010, 20:01

Kimi Finnish Rally preview in Finnish

TO THE HOME RACE IN FIRST CLASS

I've been waiting for this for so long when being in motorsport and now I finally get to drive for the first time in the very first class a World Championship-race in Finland. We drove in Jyväskylä with Kaitsu last year already but you can't compare it to this. This WRC-car is a completely different machine than the 2000 was a year ago. The speeds a insanely much harder.

In F1 somewhere in Hungary the benches were filled with Finland's flags but it's completely different to drive a real home race. We are in high feelings when there are lots of people coming to the jubilee-rally and all of us Finnish drivers will get a lot of support alongside the route.

This is my highlight of the season. A home race still means the most for every driver.

It was a little helpful that we have already drove through the route. The basics are done.

Pace noting has started to go better all the time.

Oh well, we didn't finish the rally last time because of that tiny screw-up on Saturday night during the last stage in Väärinmaja. This time the same spot won't be lurking. Now I have that sort of a machine that goes a lot faster.

I just have to be really sharp so that the car stays on the road.

We got a really good testing under the belt again. Everything worked insanely well and we got the car better. I dig these roads. This is now the 7th WRC-rally this year and after so many starts it becomes all the time more easier to understand how to work on the car.

It's way more cooler to jump in the cabin and start pushing the home race when I have chances to drive faster than last year. It won't yet change the fact that even though we go faster, the dudes in the front go insanely fast when compared to others.

We are again going to follow the same scheme. For us the most important thing is that we finish the rally. That's the only way to score points and we want them. It's completely realistic to be in positions 5-10 with an even performance provided we don't screw up. It's a good goal.

Kankkunen's Juha is making a comeback and it's really interesting to see what his pace is. He has drove Jyskälä 20 times so nothing there will suprise him in any way. Welcome back!
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Jul 2010, 06:57

thanks Nikki :hug:
I love to read his columns he's so realistic :thumbsup:

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 28 Jul 2010, 09:33

thank you, Wolfie :hug:
hope Kimi will not have a problem and finish between 5 and 10th position :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 Jul 2010, 09:56

luviceman wrote:thank you, Wolfie :hug:
+ 1!!!

Gooo Kimiiiiii! :shhh:

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 28 Jul 2010, 10:28

Kinga wrote:
luviceman wrote:thank you, Wolfie :hug:
+ 1!!!

Gooo Kimiiiiii! :shhh:
+2 !yahoo:
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl