Kimi's columns

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi's columns

Post by Ferrariman60 » 29 Nov 2010, 12:16

Glad to see that Kimi still likes to tell the fans what he's doing. I think it shows that he's not at all locked into WRC or anything else, but that he wants to have people following him looking at him personally as well as his career. I guess that if he did decide to get back into F1 or try something other than WRC in the future, it would help ease the transition.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 Dec 2010, 15:52

This is quite similar to the English version:
Kimi rally season 2010 review in Finnish

TRICKY BUT FUN

So the season is then wrapped up. At times it was really difficult when we experienced everything one can experience in rally. But even though it was difficult it was also fun all the time. It's always cool to do something else than what you are used to do.

I think others had big expectations of our driving. I myself had no expectations. We just took everything that was ahead of us. It's the only way to go to a completely new sport and it's also the only way you learn it so that you won't make the same blunder again.

I was left with positive feelings from this year. It's good to continue from here if I go rallying next year also. The season was kind of like a rollercoaster. There where ups and downs. We finished the last race and you get a good feeling everytime you cross the finish line. Rally Wales was an adventure of it's own and a really challenging weekend. I got some good experience when it was storming, raining, slippery, foggy and a really interesting lane.

We crossed the finish line and got many valuable kilometers under the belt. At the same time one era in rally ended when these WRC-cars drove their last race. We started from Tunturi with this car and drove it for the last time in Wales. It was cool to get to drive these cars too during my career.

Rally driving is a completely different job than what I have done earlier. Each rally is different and even though they talk about tarmac roads it ain't nearly what it's like on track. They are kind of semi-tarmac when everybody cuts the corners from the inside. The roads are filled with sand and other trash. The only real tarmac-stages are those short super stages in the cities.

Red Bull Citroen WRC is a top-great professional team. I have to give them a full 10 for everything they did during the season. The effort was always completely there. It's no surprise that they win championships every year.

My break starts now. I will spend some time with my pals and family just like always at this time of the year. I train a little and drive some vehicle. It's cool now that there's snow so that I get to drive the snowmobile too.

During Christmas we calm down and stay in the home sceneries with the family like we always do.

We are negotiating about next year and I will tell about it when it's time.

Thanks to all fans for their great support during this season. I wish each and everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 03 Dec 2010, 10:46

thank you, Wolfie :hug:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 05 Dec 2010, 19:48