It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 17:21

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 107  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 23:09  
F1 Rookie

sleenster wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
sleenster wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Ogier is The Heir since he did set his foot there. He developed fast, and he's still developing. He's not called Seb 2.0 for nothing. However Ogier was allowed to win, which is a boost of confidence in itself. Dani ended last year with giving his chance to win to Loeb. He definitely had a setback this year. Maybe he reached his limits, but the way the team treated him definitely further hindered him.

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where for example, Dani was 2nd in the championship to Loeb and Ogier was 3rd, I think Citroen would not have gotten rid of Dani so easily. I also think it must have been humiliating for him to be demoted to the JT for the gravel rallies :(

I think Dani's only chance for next year would have been Loeb retiring. Ogier was nurtured by them for years to be Loeb's successor. When at about the half point of the year it looked like he might leave them to Ford, they did their everything to keep him. From that time I guess Dani knew, his chances are pretty low whatever he does.

So Citroen's plan all along was to get rid of Dani at the end of this year regardless of how he performed? ::oops:; But what about Quesnel saying that they wanted to keep him? :confused:

They wanted to keep him, if he brings sponsorship. Both Sebs are fast, and they're french in a french team. Dani can't really contest with them

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 23:14  
F1 Routinier

beefree88 wrote:
sleenster wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
sleenster wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Ogier is The Heir since he did set his foot there. He developed fast, and he's still developing. He's not called Seb 2.0 for nothing. However Ogier was allowed to win, which is a boost of confidence in itself. Dani ended last year with giving his chance to win to Loeb. He definitely had a setback this year. Maybe he reached his limits, but the way the team treated him definitely further hindered him.

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where for example, Dani was 2nd in the championship to Loeb and Ogier was 3rd, I think Citroen would not have gotten rid of Dani so easily. I also think it must have been humiliating for him to be demoted to the JT for the gravel rallies :(

I think Dani's only chance for next year would have been Loeb retiring. Ogier was nurtured by them for years to be Loeb's successor. When at about the half point of the year it looked like he might leave them to Ford, they did their everything to keep him. From that time I guess Dani knew, his chances are pretty low whatever he does.

So Citroen's plan all along was to get rid of Dani at the end of this year regardless of how he performed? ::oops:; But what about Quesnel saying that they wanted to keep him? :confused:

They wanted to keep him, if he brings sponsorship. Both Sebs are fast, and they're french in a french team. Dani can't really contest with them

LOL our discussion is just going round in circles :lol: :hug:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 08:28  
F1 Routinier

Marcus Gronholm rule out returning to the WRC and Mini thinks Sordo

A few days ago the Finn Marcus Gronholm said in an interview with a sports agency communication of his country, he has no intention of returning to the World Rally Championship, at least full time. The former rider rally rejected the proposal made by David Richards, boss of Prodrive and WRC Mini preparer and has the support of BMW Motorsport to drive one of their two cars next season.

Marcus however welcomed the offer at the same time said "it's always nice to return to driving a car in the WRC elite, but I think it is good for me to step back and re-run in the discipline, not a excuse, but I have no desire to happen to me what happens at this time to Michael Schumacher in F1. "

The two-time World Rally Champion did not close the doors to British coach as looks forward to working with Prodrive in developing the WRC Countryman 011. Moreover, Gronholm hopes to undertake a series of trials with David Lapworth and his team when they asked.

With this latest refusal to return to the WRC Finland, within Prodrive have in mind to hire pilots from the likes of Kimi Raikkonen, Andersson or Spanish Dani Sordo, who incidentally is free to confirm the Citroen team has not with him in 2011.

On the other hand, the mini budget in the WRC has been increased and after a financial settlement in the racing program, Prodrive BMW Mini will be in nine events of 2011 with the debut WRC in Sardinia in May. Without dismissing forward the presentation in a previous rally.

link:
http://www.rallyraid.es/2010/11/marcus- ... sordo-7463

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 09:36  
F1 Routinier

Luie, forgive me for editing your post, I just want to make the article more flowing :pray: Wolfie

Quote:
02.11.2010 08:16
The familiar Spanish bank is going to save Sordo's rally career

Santander's logo has been visible on Sordo's overalls this season too.

Spanish rally driver Dani Sordo is getting a seat from Ford with the help of the familiar bank from F1, Santander, AS tells.

According to the paper's information Sordo has already negotiated with Ford and Malcolm Wilson has met the management from Santander. AS says that with a million euros Sordo could get himself a car to 9 WRC-rallies. Ford is also interested in Sordo's skills on tarmac, his experience in Citroen and the money.

Citroën told Sordo last week that he can look for another employer next season. The Spaniard assured only last weekend that he won't become a pay driver. According to AS the seat at Citroen would have cost 3 million euros.

In F1 Santander bought out Kimi Räikkönen's contract so that Fernando Alonso would get a seat in Ferrari. Sordo isn't replacing Mikko Hirvonen or Jari-Matti Latvala, he is given a third car from the main factory team.

link:
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 11/1216073

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 09:38  
F1 Routinier

Dani sordo to do a Fernando Alonso but unlike shameless red team, Ford wont screw their existing Drivers

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 09:38  
Kart Champion

Some "inside" info about Dani )))
On this Friday it must be known if Dani will drive for Ford. It also depends on how much Santander's money he'll receive (how much races he'll get in Ford).
In Ford he can drive in Stobart with Matthew.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 11:31  
F1 Rookie

Courtesy TaniaS
Just a confirmation of what we have said last week.
From Autosprint of this week: http://cid-23b1abff33cab8a4.photos.live ... ov2010.jpg

Citroen told to Sordo that he's free to change team for next year if he want. Because Quesnel told to Equipe that he has no budget for a complete season for another DS3 for him.
Anyway Quesnel is trying to find a sponsor, and so Sordo, because they would like to continue together.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 13:53  
F1 Driver

Thanks for all the information peeps! :hug: :thumbsup: Hmmz no news about Kimi! :confused:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 14:46  
F1 Routinier

Yesterday night Dani Sordo was interviewed by a Spanish radio station. This is more or less what he said, organized by team:

Citroën:
It’s true they have worsened the offer they are making him, but he admits he should have already won at least one “race” yet and Ogier is doing very well.
He considers the current situation is not the team’s fault.
Citroën has really reduced their budget for racing and the money they had to offer Ogier to exceed Ford’s offer is not helping.
Citroën offered him in Finland a 10 rallies season (all except the three overseas), but they have reduced that number now.
If he gets a sponsor he could stay in the team, but it would be in the “satellite team” and he would have to put a lot of money in it.
If he has to pay to drive, the he prefers to pay to drive in another team.

Mini:
He has an interesting offer from mini. It would not be a commercial agreement.
Problem: they’re not going to be a top team next season and they’re not going to do a full season in 2011.

Ford:
It’s one of his objectives.
Ford asked him for a little bit of time but also told him to call them again before signing anywhere else.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 14:46  
F1 Routinier

Thanks luie and Anelise for the articles, and thanks Mar for the info! :hug:

------------------------------------

http://www.latulasport.es/index.php/wrc ... -ford.html
http://www.latulasport.es/index.php/wrc ... sordo.html

Apparently it's just a rumour now, but it seems that Santander could sponsor not just Dani, but the whole Ford team. Seeing huge Santander logos across the overalls of those Finnish boys is going to make me Image

Edit: There are two articles, I posted the wrong link.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 14:56  
F1 Driver

sleenster wrote:
Apparently it's just a rumour now, but it seems that Santander could sponsor not just Dani, but the whole Ford team. Seeing huge Santander logos across the overalls of those Finnish boys is going to make me Image

+ 1!!!!! :roll:: :<>:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 17:49  
F1 Routinier

It would be great if Ford gets more budgets.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 18:02  
F1 Routinier

Thank you all for the news :)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 18:30  
F1 Rookie

Kinga wrote:
sleenster wrote:

+ 1!!!!! :roll:: :<>:

:lol:

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 20:04  
F1 Routinier

DS3 R3 test in Belgium [VIDEO]
http://vimeo.com/16438835

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 107  Next