It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 20:55

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 107  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 14:38  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Quote:
Mini considers increased '11 campaign

By David Evans Thursday, October 14th 2010, 13:42 GMT

Mini could yet contest more than the six World Rally Championship events it has planned for 2011.

Prodrive technical director David Lapworth refused to be drawn on speculation that the programme will start with Rally d'Italia, the fifth round of the series in May.

He did, however, confirm that the team had 'pencilled in' the events it wanted to contest next year.

"We've got a good idea of where we're going," said Lapworth. "It's going to be a minimum of six rallies, but once we get started I would think we're unlikely to stop."

If the Mini is launched in Rome, at the ceremonial start of Rally d'Italia, that would mean the British-based team would contest nine of the 13 rallies on the 2011 schedule.

"Everything is still on the table and being debated," said Lapworth. "It's going to be a significant programme for next year."

Lapworth added that the team would be taking the rough with smooth in terms of rallies.

"We're not going to cherry-pick the rallies we think might suit the car," he added. "What's the point in that? We can't hide away and pick the events which are perceived to be easier. We're doing the whole championship in 2012 and we have to be ready for everything."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87450

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 17:55  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
MINI aiming for 2012 title

News14th October 2010
By Giles Wade

Prodrive technical director David Lapworth says the fledgling MINI team has to be in the fight for the World Rally Championship title in its first full season.

Mini begins a six-round programme next year with the Countryman-based World Rally Car, but it’s the year after when the car is expected to be challenging for the season-long award.

Lapworth said: “We expect to be competitive next year, but obviously we won’t be competing for the championship when we’re only doing a limited number of rallies , but in 2012 we would hope to be challenging [for the championship]. We’ll be in the championship from the beginning and we’re not there to make up the numbers. We’re starting with a new set of technical regulations and we have a brand new design of car. Obviously, we have a lot of work to do next year, but the immediate feeling is very good. We’re moving in the right direction.”

MINI will continue testing, with Kris Meeke driving next week.

link:
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/mini ... 012_title/

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 20:37  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
Kulta has asked Grönholm a strait question today and seem to have got a strait answer: Markus isn't coming back to wrc:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/166605.html

when you read the motivation it sounds very familiar:
"driving has always been fun but there is more to life than driving"
"there is no idee to have a car whit you only can reach the fifth place (when you are already a champion an used to winning)"

a very healthy way of thinking about life all these Finnish drivers seem to have... OK, from a fans point of view maybe not the best decicions, but its their life.

he also says some nice things about Kimi ie he is just making all the same mistakes they did in the juniorleagues...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 20:45  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Julia wrote:
Kulta has asked Grönholm a strait question today and seem to have got a strait answer: Markus isn't coming back to wrc:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/166605.html

when you read the motivation it sounds very familiar:
"driving has always been fun but there is more to life than driving"
"there is no idee to have a car whit you only can reach the fifth place (when you are already a champion an used to winning)"

a very healthy way of thinking about life all these Finnish drivers seem to have... OK, from a fans point of view maybe not the best decicions, but its their life.

he also says some nice things about Kimi ie he is just making all the same mistakes they did in the juniorleagues...


Wow thanks for that Julia.... I was hoping that Marcus would at least drive one or two rallies next year... :(

He does have a point about Kimi. Kimi's mistakes are 10 times magnified because he's driving in the WRC, in a Citroen and with Red Bull sponsorship.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 20:51  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
sleenster wrote:
Julia wrote:
Kulta has asked Grönholm a strait question today and seem to have got a strait answer: Markus isn't coming back to wrc:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/166605.html

when you read the motivation it sounds very familiar:
"driving has always been fun but there is more to life than driving"
"there is no idee to have a car whit you only can reach the fifth place (when you are already a champion an used to winning)"

a very healthy way of thinking about life all these Finnish drivers seem to have... OK, from a fans point of view maybe not the best decicions, but its their life.

he also says some nice things about Kimi ie he is just making all the same mistakes they did in the juniorleagues...


Wow thanks for that Julia.... I was hoping that Marcus would at least drive one or two rallies next year... :(

He does have a point about Kimi. Kimi's mistakes are 10 times magnified because he's driving in the WRC, in a Citroen and with Red Bull sponsorship.


well I tried to figure out what he actually is saying and as i understand it he is not going to make a proper comeback with mini but he doesnt talk anything about those guest star things ones twice in year he has done before... so i dont know. Maybe some Finns can help us out about a better analyze?

edit: Wolfie has translated the article here:
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=6083&start=105
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 16:40  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
its rumored that toyota and volkswagen is going to make decisions about their motorsport-future next week. Also saab is still interested:

in germany:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 01501.html
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 16:47  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Julia wrote:
its rumored that toyota and volkswagen is going to make decisions about their motorsport-future next week. Also saab is still interested:

in germany:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 01501.html

I am really excited and really looking forward for this to happen. And if Kimi pledges his future to rally then by 2012 or 2013 when many more manufacturers who be a part of this sport we would hopefully have a very competitive kimi.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 09:40  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Posts: 804
Location: Italy
Quote:
Ford Fiesta RS WRC test summary
Date 2010-10-15

FORD DRIVERS EXCITED AFTER DEBUT TEST IN ALL-NEW FIESTA RS WORLD RALLY CAR

COLOGNE, 15 October 2010 - Ford's FIA World Rally Championship drivers, Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala, drove the all-new Fiesta RS World Rally Car for the first time during testing this week.

The Finns, accompanied by respective co-drivers Jarmo Lehtinen and Miikka Anttila, took the wheel of Ford's challenger for the 2011 world championship on gravel roads in Spain and France. The seven-day test marked a significant step forward in the car's development ahead of its debut in the opening round of the series in Sweden next February.

Hirvonen and Latvala will drive Fiesta RS WRCs in all 13 rounds next season and both were delighted after their debut test.

"I had looked forward so much to driving the Fiesta RS WRC and I was very satisfied with it," enthused Hirvonen. "It was just as much fun as I hoped and I'm genuinely excited about what we can achieve with it. Of course, there is still a lot of development to do but my first impressions are very good. It has its own unique feel and it's like driving an angry bee!

"The biggest difference between the Fiesta RS WRC and the outgoing Focus RS WRC is the engine. There is less torque from the 1.6 litre engine in the Fiesta than we have from the 2.0-litre unit in the Focus, and it requires a different driving style as a result. The engine needs to be kept at high revs.

"A slightly more aggressive approach is needed, especially in slower corners, where the driver needs to take command and attack harder, rather than letting the car do the work," added Hirvonen.

Latvala tested on what he described as the 'roughest rally road on which I've ever driven'. "The road is usually used for testing cars of the type that compete in the Dakar Rally and it was full of big rocks, holes and bumps. It asked a lot of the car
, but I pushed hard because the team wanted to see how the Fiesta behaved in those conditions," he said.

"I was impressed and I was pleased at how quickly I found a good feeling at the wheel. The balance felt very good and the engine was better than I expected," explained 25-year-old Latvala.

The car, derived from the best-selling Fiesta road car, is being developed by Ford of Europe and British-based rally partner M-Sport.

The Fiesta RS WRC that tested this week was powered by an engine close to the specification in which the car will compete next year. Specialist engineers from Ford and M-Sport have co-operated closely in the development of the direct injection 1.6-litre turbocharged unit, based on the new Ford EcoBoost road vehicle power plant. Highly-respected French tuner Pipo Moteur has brought additional expertise.

In a parallel test near M-Sport's base at Dovenby Hall, in north-west England, the definitive 2011-specification engine was also run this week. This unit is scheduled to power the Fiesta RS WRC when the test programme continues with a three-day session on asphalt in Spain, following next weekend's Rally de España. Hirvonen will attend for one day, while Latvala will drive for two days.

Hirvonen began the session last Saturday in northern Spain and drove for three days. The test then moved to southern France where the 30-year-old drove on Wednesday and ended the programme today, clocking up 1000km at the wheel. Latvala drove yesterday (Thursday), covering 220km.

The Fiesta RS WRC had already successfully completed more than 2500km of durability work, mainly in the hands of P-G Andersson and Matthew Wilson. It was initially powered by a two-litre turbocharged engine before a prototype 1.6-litre unit was used more recently.

This week's test concentrated on specific set-up and M-Sport managing director and BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team director Malcolm Wilson was delighted with both the performance of the Fiesta RS WRC and his drivers' enthusiasm for the new car.

"The testing we have done until now was based on durability and obtaining feedback," said Wilson. "That raised no major issues and meant we could progress the programme this week by moving onto specific set-up for the car. Mikko and Jari-Matti have valuable experience of the rallies in the WRC calendar, and possess the detailed knowledge to provide a base specification from which to fine-tune the set-up from rally to rally.

"The weather in Spain ranged from high temperatures at the start of the week to heavy rain and mud as the test progressed. It wasn't pleasant for the team, but it was perfect for putting the car through its paces in the type of varied conditions we will encounter in the championship next year," added Wilson.

Ford of Europe motorsport chief Gerard Quinn is equally enthusiastic with the drivers' initial impressions. "It was an important week in the development of the Fiesta RS WRC. We are very pleased to receive such a positive reaction from Mikko and Jari-Matti's first drive in the car. We can move forward confidently to the next stage of testing, encouraged that the hard work put into the design and development has been so well received," he said.

The Fiesta RS WRC made its first public appearance at Paris Motor Show last month. The preview model was finished in a striking blue and grey livery, specially developed for the show by Ford of Europe's design team. Ford and M-Sport continue to work on details of the car's styling, to ensure that the rally car shares the eye-catching appearance and 'kinetic design' characteristics of Ford's latest road vehicles.

-source: ford

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=391315
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 09:45  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Posts: 804
Location: Italy
sorry, already posted :blush:


Last edited by momo on 16 Oct 2010, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 10:24  
F1 Driver

Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44
Posts: 1608
Julia wrote:
BBC’s Humphrey ready to rally

BBC Formula 1 reporter Jake Humphrey will swap his microphone and iPad for a map and, possibly, a sick bag as he takes to the co-driver’s seat for the first time on Saturday.

...
He added: “I do feel nervous, but because I’m alongside someone who knows what they are doing I feel better. I know that if I get us in a muddle, Tony will get us out of it.”


jake Humphrey is tweeting from from his rallyforray if you want to follow...

http://twitter.com/jakehumphreyf1

Quote:
Still smiling. Jardine is anpucture of concentration...! Rallying is already ace!! http://twitpic.com/2y1qb8


smile of joy or smile of fear? Judge by yourselves. :lol:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 11:12  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:30
Posts: 2693
Location: Schlaaaaand
ROFL :lol: But lucky him! Wanna do that as well :)

_________________
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 11:26  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Posts: 804
Location: Italy
Quote:
WRC revs up a gear with new TV programs

World Rally Championship television coverage entered a new era this week when broadcasters were given a first glimpse of an exciting range of new programmes for next year.

The shows were previewed at the Sportel international television and digital sports convention in Monaco and reflect sporting changes designed to boost live coverage of the WRC from 2011.

Top of the list is coverage of the forthcoming TV ‘power stages’ where drivers will compete for championship bonus points. The intention is to broadcast these stages - typically the last of each rally - live from all WRC events in 2011. Live television and onboard cameras will help to capture the action in a new one hour live ‘power stage’ programme.

As well as the live show, a new look daily highlight programme will include more onboard camera footage and brand new 3D graphics to put viewers in the driving seat.

The current one hour post-event show will feature more in depth action analysis and driver lifestyle content capturing the very essence of the WRC as a global epic motorsport adventure. Off-rally programming is also getting a makeover, with a one hour ‘Rally World’ show before each event covering the S-WRC, P-WRC and the forthcoming WRC Academy.

Simon Long, CEO of WRC promoter North One Sport said: “All the important sports properties and networks were at Sportel and we met with all the major European broadcasters as well as those from territories including China, Russia, Japan and the USA.

“The initial reaction to the power stages was extremely positive and broadcasters appreciated the WRC taking the step up to the top level of live sports TV. There was also a lot of interest from the new breed of digital networks looking for live interactive content - which of course is a perfect fit with the WRC.

“Generally there was a feeling that the sports market place is picking up after a tough period, with exhibitors noticeably more upbeat than in recent years. Along with that was a feeling that the WRC is entering a thrilling new era, with new cars and manufacturers giving audiences even more to get excited about. The WRC already provides television viewers with one of the most exciting armchair rides in motorsport but next year things rev up a gear.”

As well as the new programmes, North One Sport also announced a revamped global broadcast sales team headed by former ESPN International and Champ Car World Series executive Mark Reilly, who joins the company as Media Director.

http://www.wrc.com/news/wrc-revs-up-a-g ... ?fid=13789
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 13:21  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
:C: :thumbsup: We would be in safe hands next year. More coverage and impressive coverage

Quote:
WRC revs up a gear with new TV programs

World Rally Championship television coverage entered a new era this week when broadcasters were given a first glimpse of an exciting range of new programmes for next year.

The shows were previewed at the Sportel international television and digital sports convention in Monaco and reflect sporting changes designed to boost live coverage of the WRC from 2011.

Top of the list is coverage of the forthcoming TV ‘power stages’ where drivers will compete for championship bonus points. The intention is to broadcast these stages - typically the last of each rally - live from all WRC events in 2011. Live television and onboard cameras will help to capture the action in a new one hour live ‘power stage’ programme.

As well as the live show, a new look daily highlight programme will include more onboard camera footage and brand new 3D graphics to put viewers in the driving seat.

The current one hour post-event show will feature more in depth action analysis and driver lifestyle content capturing the very essence of the WRC as a global epic motorsport adventure. Off-rally programming is also getting a makeover, with a one hour ‘Rally World’ show before each event covering the S-WRC, P-WRC and the forthcoming WRC Academy.

Simon Long, CEO of WRC promoter North One Sport said: “All the important sports properties and networks were at Sportel and we met with all the major European broadcasters as well as those from territories including China, Russia, Japan and the USA.

“The initial reaction to the power stages was extremely positive and broadcasters appreciated the WRC taking the step up to the top level of live sports TV. There was also a lot of interest from the new breed of digital networks looking for live interactive content - which of course is a perfect fit with the WRC.

“Generally there was a feeling that the sports market place is picking up after a tough period, with exhibitors noticeably more upbeat than in recent years. Along with that was a feeling that the WRC is entering a thrilling new era, with new cars and manufacturers giving audiences even more to get excited about. The WRC already provides television viewers with one of the most exciting armchair rides in motorsport but next year things rev up a gear.”

As well as the new programmes, North One Sport also announced a revamped global broadcast sales team headed by former ESPN International and Champ Car World Series executive Mark Reilly, who joins the company as Media Director.

http://www.wrc.com/news/wrc-revs-up-a-g ... ?fid=13789

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 14:25  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Wow, sounds good, thanks Luie!!!

Hope MTV3 goes along with it too :(

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2010, 17:26  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Quote:
Ford thrilled with Fiesta test progress

By David Evans Saturday, October 16th 2010, 15:44 GMT

Ford has completed a seven-day test of its all-new Fiesta RS WRC - with Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala driving the car for the first time and covering more than 1,200 kilometres at competitive speeds.

The test ran on gravel in Spain and France, using a 1.6-litre engine, which is close to the final specification for next season. Both drivers were pleased with their first test in the car they will use to contest next year's World Rally Championship - with Latvala adding that he had never driven a rougher stretch of road in his life. The test car ran without any problems.

Hirvonen began the session last Saturday in northern Spain and drove for three days.The test then moved to southern France where the 30-year-old drove on Wednesday and ended the programme on Friday, clocking up 1000km at the wheel.Latvala drove on Thursday, covering 220km.

"I had looked forward so much to driving the Fiesta RS WRC and I was very satisfied with it," enthused Hirvonen. "It was just as much fun as I hoped and I'm genuinely excited about what we can achieve with it. Of course, there is still a lot of development to do but my first impressions are very good. It has its own unique feel and it's like driving an angry bee!"

Hirvonen said the biggest difference between the Focus he is driving in Catalunya next week and the next generation Fiesta is in the torque from the engine.

"There is less torque from the 1.6 litre engine in the Fiesta than we have from the 2.0-litre unit in the Focus," he said. "It requires a different driving style as a result. The engine needs to be kept at high revs. A slightly more aggressive approach is needed, especially in slower corners, where the driver needs to take command and attack harder, rather than letting the car do the work."

Latvala added: "The road is usually used for testing cars of the type that compete in the Dakar Rally and it was full of big rocks, holes and bumps. It asked a lot of the car, but I pushed hard because the team wanted to see how the Fiesta behaved in those conditions.

"I was impressed and I was pleased at how quickly I found a good feeling at the wheel. The balance felt very good and the engine was better than I expected."

Team principal Malcolm Wilson concluded: "The testing we have done until now was based on durability and obtaining feedback. That raised no major issues and meant we could progress the programme this week by moving onto specific set-up for the car.

"Mikko and Jari-Matti have valuable experience of the rallies in the WRC calendar, and possess the detailed knowledge to provide a base specification from which to fine-tune the set-up from rally to rally.

"The weather in Spain ranged from high temperatures at the start of the week to heavy rain and mud as the test progressed. It wasn't pleasant for the team, but it was perfect for putting the car through its paces in the type of varied conditions we will encounter in the championship next year."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87497

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 107  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB