Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 804
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Location: Italy

Re: Rally News

Post by momo » 30 Sep 2010, 14:18

Julia wrote:I hope they dont change that mini too much because it looks so cool :cool:

Kris Meeke has also been confirmed for mini according to autosport.

here more pictures of all the cars:
http://www.autosport.com/gallery/index.php/id/2221

and a cool presentationvideo of the new citroen wrc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922QIcDd ... r_embedded


Thanks a lot, Julia :cool: :)

User avatar
saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 971
Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Location: Temporary Dunya
Contact:

Re: Rally News

Post by saif » 02 Oct 2010, 10:12

MARCUS IS BACK!
Marcus Gronholm sign with MINI, BMW and Prodrive The agreement was imminent and would share equipment with Kris Meeke After the presentation yesterday at the Paris Motorshow with the confirmation of Kris Meeke how one of the drivers fixed Countryman WRC MINI 011, which was shown to the public


from this fb page:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marcus-Gr ... 1651001071

dont know if its authentic or not
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2076
Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 15:49
Contact:

Re: Rally News

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 02 Oct 2010, 17:13


Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 05 Oct 2010, 14:36

This years WRC game is out and the headline in at MTV3 is off course :lol: :

Raikkonen starring racing game

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 10/1199498

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 17:44

Julia wrote:This years WRC game is out and the headline in at MTV3 is off course :lol: :

Raikkonen starring racing game

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 10/1199498

:lol:
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 804
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Location: Italy

Re: Rally News

Post by momo » 05 Oct 2010, 18:23

Block wins Spirit of the Rally award
Ken Block takes some silverware home from Rally France
Ken Block has been recognised with the Abu Dhabi Spirit of the Rally Award for his contribution to the sport and his Monster World Rally Team achievements at a difficult Rallye de France.

The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority-instigated award was presented to Block for the unwavering determination shown to finish his first World Rally Championship event outside of Superally, despite a host of technical problems that plagued the Monster World Rally Team throughout the three-day event, as well as his contribution to the development and spread of rally's popularity around the globe.

“This season has been such a huge learning experience,” he said, “but we are getting quicker and I am so glad to have achieved a twelfth place finish here in France and to get recognised by this award.”

Since joining the WRC in January 2010, Block and his team have introduced a fresh audience to the high octane action through their extensive use of digital media and social networking.

The innovative team have introduced a new demographic of supporter to the sport of rally through the 'Gymkhana' series of trick videos hosted on Youtube.

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... mpaign=rss

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 18:26

momo wrote:
Block wins Spirit of the Rally award
Ken Block takes some silverware home from Rally France
Ken Block has been recognised with the Abu Dhabi Spirit of the Rally Award for his contribution to the sport and his Monster World Rally Team achievements at a difficult Rallye de France.

The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority-instigated award was presented to Block for the unwavering determination shown to finish his first World Rally Championship event outside of Superally, despite a host of technical problems that plagued the Monster World Rally Team throughout the three-day event, as well as his contribution to the development and spread of rally's popularity around the globe.

“This season has been such a huge learning experience,” he said, “but we are getting quicker and I am so glad to have achieved a twelfth place finish here in France and to get recognised by this award.”

Since joining the WRC in January 2010, Block and his team have introduced a fresh audience to the high octane action through their extensive use of digital media and social networking.

The innovative team have introduced a new demographic of supporter to the sport of rally through the 'Gymkhana' series of trick videos hosted on Youtube.

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... mpaign=rss

Thanks momo. And good to see Ken winning this one. Deservingly!
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 19:58

Todt looks to spread WRC wings

News5th October 2010
By Giles Wade

Jean Todt, the president of world motorsport’s governing body, the FIA would like to see world rallies taking place in India, Russia and China within the next five years.

The FIA President has underlined the need for the championship to extend into developing economies, which are key markets for manufacturers.

“India, Russia, a return to China – these are all places that are important,” he said. “But to achieve some of the changes that are necessary will take five years. For now, the most important thing is to look, and decide well.”

Although Todt would like to see new rallies on the calendar, he believes that there should be a maximum of 12 events on the calendar.

“It depends on the format of the events,” added Todt. “If you have rallies that are like gymkhanas you could have several. But if you want rallies that are worthy of the name, then I think about 12.”

Todt is known to be in favour of longer events than those that are currently held, although recently some rallies have been looking at shorter formats to contain costs, such as Rally Finland – which ran only on Friday and Saturday this year.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/todt ... wrc_wings/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 20:00

Please please please... Come to India

Wow...Go Todt Go....
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Rally News

Post by Kriss » 05 Oct 2010, 20:13

luieluv wrote:Please please please... Come to India

Wow...Go Todt Go....


it will be very funny passing the cows on the road :lol:
I will definitely go back to India if there is a rally :thumbsup:

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 05 Oct 2010, 20:15

Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:Please please please... Come to India

Wow...Go Todt Go....


it will be very funny passing the cows on the road :lol:
I will definitely go back to India if there is a rally :thumbsup:

:lol: ... perhaps to avoid that we can have a rally in one of the hilly areas.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

User avatar
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4316
Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47

Re: Rally News

Post by Kriss » 05 Oct 2010, 20:17

luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:
luieluv wrote:Please please please... Come to India

Wow...Go Todt Go....


it will be very funny passing the cows on the road :lol:
I will definitely go back to India if there is a rally :thumbsup:

:lol: ... perhaps to avoid that we can have a rally in one of the hilly areas.


Rally Shimla, I like it :thumbsup:

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 593
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 07:11
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Contact:

Re: Rally News

Post by amoljoshi » 06 Oct 2010, 10:00

luieluv wrote:
Todt looks to spread WRC wings

News5th October 2010
By Giles Wade

Jean Todt, the president of world motorsport’s governing body, the FIA would like to see world rallies taking place in India, Russia and China within the next five years.

The FIA President has underlined the need for the championship to extend into developing economies, which are key markets for manufacturers.

“India, Russia, a return to China – these are all places that are important,” he said. “But to achieve some of the changes that are necessary will take five years. For now, the most important thing is to look, and decide well.”

Although Todt would like to see new rallies on the calendar, he believes that there should be a maximum of 12 events on the calendar.

“It depends on the format of the events,” added Todt. “If you have rallies that are like gymkhanas you could have several. But if you want rallies that are worthy of the name, then I think about 12.”

Todt is known to be in favour of longer events than those that are currently held, although recently some rallies have been looking at shorter formats to contain costs, such as Rally Finland – which ran only on Friday and Saturday this year.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/todt ... wrc_wings/


Go Todt Go.. Awesome Guy. :n :C: !yahoo:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 665
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45

Re: Rally News

Post by beefree88 » 06 Oct 2010, 10:09

luieluv wrote:
Todt looks to spread WRC wings

News5th October 2010
By Giles Wade

Jean Todt, the president of world motorsport’s governing body, the FIA would like to see world rallies taking place in India, Russia and China within the next five years.

The FIA President has underlined the need for the championship to extend into developing economies, which are key markets for manufacturers.

“India, Russia, a return to China – these are all places that are important,” he said. “But to achieve some of the changes that are necessary will take five years. For now, the most important thing is to look, and decide well.”

Although Todt would like to see new rallies on the calendar, he believes that there should be a maximum of 12 events on the calendar.

“It depends on the format of the events,” added Todt. “If you have rallies that are like gymkhanas you could have several. But if you want rallies that are worthy of the name, then I think about 12.”

Todt is known to be in favour of longer events than those that are currently held, although recently some rallies have been looking at shorter formats to contain costs, such as Rally Finland – which ran only on Friday and Saturday this year.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/todt ... wrc_wings/


Actually he favours longer events, but in shorter formats. Like Rally Finland
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Rally News

Post by sleenster » 06 Oct 2010, 21:41

Interview with Dani Sordo in Spanish:
http://www.intereconomia.com/noticias-g ... to-conmigo

The title, using google translate, is translated as "Citroën has been unfair to me" :(

I think maybe that's why he has been unwilling to sign with Citroen so far?

Post Reply