It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 01:17

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 107  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 09:09  
F1 Routinier

This is some more good news for WRC. Absolutely Rocking years ahead..

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010, 14:36  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:

+1
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 07:00  
F1 Routinier

A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Dani Sordo has confirmed today the persistent rumours about a co-driver change. Diego Vallejo will replace Marc Martí. #WRC

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 08:46  
F1 Driver

Sébastien Loeb wrote:
luieluv wrote:

+1
+2
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 09:02  
F1 Routinier

very lovely display pic avtaar dindi..

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 09:11  
F1 Driver

Thank you :blush:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 10:01  
F1 Rookie

Quote:
Makinen urges against Gronholm comeback

Marcus Gronholm should not return to the World Rally Championship next season and instead remain in retirement – according to his countryman, the four-time world champion Tommi Makinen.

Gronholm has been linked to a drive with Volkswagen and Mini, with the Finn admitting to talks about returning to the sport on a contract for the first time since he retired at the end of 2007. Gronholm has contested two WRC rounds since retiring, Rally de Portugal last season and Rally Sweden earlier this year, but he is now said to be closing on a deal to drive a selection of events next season, along with a test and development programme.

Despite the speed Gronholm showed when he competed in Sweden in a two-year-old Ford Focus RS WRC in February, Makinen says that Gronholm should stand by his decision to leave the sport behind – but he did admit retirement takes time to get used to.

“No,” said Makinen. “It’s not a good idea [for Gronholm to return]. If he feels okay and comfortable then okay, for sure it’s okay. It is a long time to settle down when you retire and there are many different ideas. When you stop completely you have no chance to be anywhere, not having the good feeling [you have from winning rallies].”

Makinen, 46, said he had no intention of returning to the sport himself, although he wouldn’t rule out a possible Rally Finland drive to celebrate his 50th birthday in the same way other legendary Finnish drivers including Markku Alen, Ari Vatanen, Timo Salonen and Juha Kankknen did.

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/maki ... lm_return/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 10:05  
GP2 Driver

luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Dani Sordo has confirmed today the persistent rumours about a co-driver change. Diego Vallejo will replace Marc Martí. #WRC

Is he to blame for the "bad" results?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 14:15  
F1 Routinier

valuk wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Is he to blame for the "bad" results?

could be possible. afterall even a co driver plays a very important role in the driver's performance.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 08:47  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Wonder what's behind it all, Luie? This is what AS wrote:

Quote:
Dani Sordo will change his co-driver. Sordo decided to immediately terminate his co-operation with his longtime co-driver Marc Martí. Diego Vallejo will read notes to Sordo already in Germany's rally.

According to AS Sordo's and Martí's relationship froze in Finland's rally when the Spanish duo fell off the pace during the first day because of pace note -problems.

- I need something new in the car. Marc has been an excellent partner but I came to the conclusion that it's best that we end our co-operation, Sordo told AS.

- I have known Vallejo personally for a long time so our relationship is very good. We also did the test together and I was convinced about his skills, Sordo continued.

Martí on the other side told that he had made his decision already earlier that this would be his last season with Sordo.

- We haven't fought, we just made the switch earlier. I had already decided to retire after this season. I have always said that I will retire when working doesn't feel good anymore, Martí told AS.

When thinking of Sordo's career the last rallies are crucial since the Spanish driver doesn't yet have a seat for next season. Sébastien Ogier takes his place next year in Citroen.

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 09:11  
F1 Routinier

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Quote:
Dani Sordo will change his co-driver. Sordo decided to immediately terminate his co-operation with his longtime co-driver Marc Martí. Diego Vallejo will read notes to Sordo already in Germany's rally.

According to AS Sordo's and Martí's relationship froze in Finland's rally when the Spanish duo fell off the pace during the first day because of pace note -problems.

- I need something new in the car. Marc has been an excellent partner but I came to the conclusion that it's best that we end our co-operation, Sordo told AS.

- I have known Vallejo personally for a long time so our relationship is very good. We also did the test together and I was convinced about his skills, Sordo continued.

Martí on the other side told that he had made his decision already earlier that this would be his last season with Sordo.

- We haven't fought, we just made the switch earlier. I had already decided to retire after this season. I have always said that I will retire when working doesn't feel good anymore, Martí told AS.

When thinking of Sordo's career the last rallies are crucial since the Spanish driver doesn't yet have a seat for next season. Sébastien Ogier takes his place next year in Citroen.

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen

hmm.. interesting. But i am sure the driver sordo will have many takers if not citroen

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 09:32  
F1 Routinier

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Quote:

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen

hmm.. interesting. But i am sure the driver sordo will have many takers if not citroen

I'm also sure he has many takers, Luie. But it's kind of harsh to sack a co-driver in the middle of the season. Brings back bad memories :fear:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 09:38  
F1 Driver

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Quote:

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen

didn't quesnell confirm in the Rally radio in finland that they vere planning to to put sordo in one of the citroen junior tems seats but the financial things for the team isnt jet confirmed (read: our friend Kimi hasnt put his name on the paper and therefore RB hasn't promise to sponsor the team) Citroen needs a new driver to the main team when Loeab is quitting so they have to ceep potential drivers whit their contracts...

about sordo changing co-driver -> it has been a rumor for some time now and even the rally radio have commented sometimes about them two arguing because many mistakes in noting , the famous argue was when marco forget to take away some things from the cooling system in sweden and they have to end the race because of that...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 09:41  
F1 Driver

I found a rumor on another forum about toyota confirming wrc entry this week:

Quote:
Here is a link to Best Car magazine in Japan. You can see the cover of their next issue, which is due out on Monday. The headline says something like
"Toyota confirms WRC participation!!"

http://twitpic.com/2c1wcw

no, i dont speak japanese so i have no idea what the headline actuelly is but very nice news if its true
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 10:03  
F1 Routinier

Julia wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:
A Tweet Update :

paddocknews

Quote:

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen

didn't quesnell confirm in the Rally radio in finland that they vere planning to to put sordo in one of the citroen junior tems seats but the financial things for the team isnt jet confirmed (read: our friend Kimi hasnt put his name on the paper and therefore RB hasn't promise to sponsor the team) Citroen needs a new driver to the main team when Loeab is quitting so they have to ceep potential drivers whit their contracts...

about sordo changing co-driver -> it has been a rumor for some time now and even the rally radio have commented sometimes about them two arguing because many mistakes in noting , the famous argue was when marco forget to take away some things from the cooling system in sweden and they have to end the race because of that...

Thanks Julia, I didn't remember the co-driver was Marc Martin but I do remember something about 'not so jolly feelings' between a driver and a co-driver :fear:

Maybe Martin is better off then since arguing outside and inside the car is never good - hopefully it isn't just Sordo blaming Marc alone for his results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 107  Next