It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 06:48

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 107  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 13:46  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 14:17
Posts: 2380
Country: Philippines (ph)
^ Yeah. Does make sense.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 13:56  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Neil Cole says Seb2.0 at Ford next year!

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 14:51  
F1 Driver

Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 15:49
Posts: 2076
saif wrote:
Neil Cole says Seb2.0 at Ford next year!


:<>: PLEASE CITROEN :pray: :pray: :pray:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 18:49  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:47
Posts: 4316
Quote:
Bulgaria WRC return unlikely

Rally Bulgaria’s appearance in the world championship is almost certain to be a one-off, despite the event attracting praise from WRC Commission president Morrie Chandler.

Bulgaria does not feature on the 13-round WRC calendar for 2011 and its apparent lack of commercial appeal for manufacturers is set to count against it returning in the future, even though Chandler said there was nothing ‘technically wrong’ with the all-asphalt rally, which ran from July 8-11.

“From a technical perspective I don’t think it’s fallen down,” said Chandler. “But from a promotional point of view I’m not sure it met the mark.”

Chandler was referring, in part, to a decision by the organisers not to base the rally in the capital Sofia, 70 kilometres north of host town Borovets, although they claim they were prevented from doing so by government officials who feared the potential for extra traffic in the city could result in gridlock.

“As an event it’s got all of the rally feeling with lots of people out on the stages but there’s not the population here [in Borovets],” said Chandler. “I talked to the organiser about why they’re not in Sofia because that was part of the discussion early on.”

Chandler conceded that rally bosses were not helped in their efforts to build the event’s profile due to the uncertainty surrounding its future in the WRC.

“That same question goes for most of our events,” said Chandler. “There are events in this year that don’t know where they are for next year. It’s not a good way of creating stability and creating organisers who are prepared to invest.”

Citroen Racing chief Olivier Quesnel didn’t share Chandler’s enthusiasm for the rally. He said: “The drivers enjoyed it but for the manufacturers I am not sure it’s the right country to do rallying because we need more people. As rallying is not in a good shape I think we need to be in other countries than this one. I don’t think it will be a good idea to come back in the future.”

Malcolm Wilson, Quesnel’s counterpart at Ford, added: “From the stages point of view there’s no complaints from that side or the sporting side but I really find it difficult to think this is the right place to have a world championship event.”

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/bulg ... _unlikely/
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 19:04  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
Kriss wrote:
Quote:
Bulgaria WRC return unlikely

Rally Bulgaria’s appearance in the world championship is almost certain to be a one-off, despite the event attracting praise from WRC Commission president Morrie Chandler.

Bulgaria does not feature on the 13-round WRC calendar for 2011 and its apparent lack of commercial appeal for manufacturers is set to count against it returning in the future, even though Chandler said there was nothing ‘technically wrong’ with the all-asphalt rally, which ran from July 8-11.

“From a technical perspective I don’t think it’s fallen down,” said Chandler. “But from a promotional point of view I’m not sure it met the mark.”

Chandler was referring, in part, to a decision by the organisers not to base the rally in the capital Sofia, 70 kilometres north of host town Borovets, although they claim they were prevented from doing so by government officials who feared the potential for extra traffic in the city could result in gridlock.

“As an event it’s got all of the rally feeling with lots of people out on the stages but there’s not the population here [in Borovets],” said Chandler. “I talked to the organiser about why they’re not in Sofia because that was part of the discussion early on.”

Chandler conceded that rally bosses were not helped in their efforts to build the event’s profile due to the uncertainty surrounding its future in the WRC.

“That same question goes for most of our events,” said Chandler. “There are events in this year that don’t know where they are for next year. It’s not a good way of creating stability and creating organisers who are prepared to invest.”

Citroen Racing chief Olivier Quesnel didn’t share Chandler’s enthusiasm for the rally. He said: “The drivers enjoyed it but for the manufacturers I am not sure it’s the right country to do rallying because we need more people. As rallying is not in a good shape I think we need to be in other countries than this one. I don’t think it will be a good idea to come back in the future.”

Malcolm Wilson, Quesnel’s counterpart at Ford, added: “From the stages point of view there’s no complaints from that side or the sporting side but I really find it difficult to think this is the right place to have a world championship event.”

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/bulg ... _unlikely/

Thats really sad. I mean from whatever clippings and info that we got from Rally Radio, i felt that it was a pretty decent rally apart from management issues. And since this is a sport where Fans do get to come in numbers and get up close and personal, some chaotic situations are bound to occur. Hopefully the management people would have learned a thing or two to tackle it next time.

and regarding te commercial thing that Malcom and Ouesnel are ranting about its best known to them. But sounds too harsh on the organizers.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 22:15  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 06:54
Posts: 804
Location: Italy
Quote:
WRC.com 23:40 Thu, 15 Jul 10
Sordo will be allowed to fight for WRC wins

Dani Sordo’s frustration at failing to beat Citroen team leader Sebastien Loeb won’t last forever.

That’s according to Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel, who says the Spaniard will be allowed to take the fight to Loeb just as soon as the dominant French driver has claimed his seventh world crown and Citroen its sixth manufacturers’ prize.

Sordo has yet to win a world championship rally despite proving a match to Loeb on a handful of events in the past, most notable on home soil in Spain, which hosts the penultimate round of the WRC in late October.

After seven rounds Loeb is 51 points clear at the top of the drivers’ standings with Citroen 47 points in front of Ford.

“I hope to see Seb be world champion the quickest possible and then I will say to all my drivers ‘do what you like and we will see’,” said Quesnel. “I think that will be good for everybody, especially for Dani to be free [to fight] in Spain. But apart from Seb, we also need the manufacturers’ title.”

Sordo, the 2005 Junior world champion in a works-supported Citroen C2, joined the French manufacturers’ WRC squad in 2007 and has remained with team ever since under Loeb’s shadow. On Rally Bulgaria recently, Sordo said he could not offer any explanation why Loeb had beaten him by almost 30 seconds on the asphalt event, Sordo’s favoured surface.

But Quesnel has extended his backing to Sordo and says the Spaniard can go faster.
“Of course Dani has not been driving at full pace,” said Quesnel. “Everybody wants to be first in the Citroen team but nobody forgets why we are there and the objective of two titles. If they don’t forget then they can enjoy themselves and hopefully soon.”15/7/10
Sordo will be allowed to fight for WRC wins

the French manufacturers’ WRC squad in 2007 and has remained with team ever since under Loeb’s shadow. On Rally Bulgaria recently, Sordo said he could not offer any explanation why Loeb had beaten him by almost 30 seconds on the asphalt event, Sordo’s favoured surface.

But Quesnel has extended his backing to Sordo and says the Spaniard can go faster.
“Of course Dani has not been driving at full pace,” said Quesnel. “Everybody wants to be first in the Citroen team but nobody forgets why we are there and the objective of two titles. If they don’t forget then they can enjoy themselves and hopefully soon.”

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=8334
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 23:12  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 20:02
Posts: 331
Location: England
So he can only fight for stage wins once Loeb has won the championship? And the silver lining there for Sordo is......? :confused:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 05:22  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
ish678 wrote:
So he can only fight for stage wins once Loeb has won the championship? And the silver lining there for Sordo is......? :confused:


He can have as many stage wins as much doesn't prevent Loeb winning. Until the title fight is on he can't win rallys though. Sounds harsh, but Citroen apparently doesn't want Ford gain from their in-fight .

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 09:32  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 20:02
Posts: 331
Location: England
beefree88 wrote:
ish678 wrote:
So he can only fight for stage wins once Loeb has won the championship? And the silver lining there for Sordo is......? :confused:


He can have as many stage wins as much doesn't prevent Loeb winning. Until the title fight is on he can't win rallys though. Sounds harsh, but Citroen apparently doesn't want Ford gain from their in-fight .


Thanks :) I'm still learning (very slowly) about rally - I thought they (FIA, whoever) were trying to clamp down a little on team orders in WRC? :confused: Surely these are epic team orders :lol:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 10:37  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Quote:
Sordo will be allowed to fight for WRC wins

Dani Sordo’s frustration at failing to beat Citroen team leader Sebastien Loeb won’t last forever.

That’s according to Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel, who says the Spaniard will be allowed to take the fight to Loeb just as soon as the dominant French driver has claimed his seventh world crown and Citroen its sixth manufacturers’ prize.

Sordo has yet to win a world championship rally despite proving a match to Loeb on a handful of events in the past, most notable on home soil in Spain, which hosts the penultimate round of the WRC in late October.

After seven rounds Loeb is 51 points clear at the top of the drivers’ standings with Citroen 47 points in front of Ford.

“I hope to see Seb be world champion the quickest possible and then I will say to all my drivers ‘do what you like and we will see’,” said Quesnel. “I think that will be good for everybody, especially for Dani to be free [to fight] in Spain. But apart from Seb, we also need the manufacturers’ title.”

Sordo, the 2005 Junior world champion in a works-supported Citroen C2, joined the French manufacturers’ WRC squad in 2007 and has remained with team ever since under Loeb’s shadow. On Rally Bulgaria recently, Sordo said he could not offer any explanation why Loeb had beaten him by almost 30 seconds on the asphalt event, Sordo’s favoured surface.

But Quesnel has extended his backing to Sordo and says the Spaniard can go faster.
“Of course Dani has not been driving at full pace,” said Quesnel. “Everybody wants to be first in the Citroen team but nobody forgets why we are there and the objective of two titles. If they don’t forget then they can enjoy themselves and hopefully soon.”


http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id ... WRC%20wins

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:19  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45
Posts: 479
Sorry if already posted.
Quote:
Raikkonen set to stay in rallying

By David Evans Thursday, July 15th 2010, 11:15 GMT

Kimi RaikkonenKimi Raikkonen is set to commit to the World Rally Championship for a second season, reveals this week's AUTOSPORT.

The 2007 Formula 1 world champion had been linked to a return to grand prix racing with Renault next year, but the Finn intends to stay in rallying for at least one more year.

Raikkonen is believed to be keen for his relationship with Red Bull to be a long term one, opening the door for a possible F1 return with the energy drink firm's team in 2012.

"I don't miss Formula 1 and I am enjoying what I am doing now," Raikkonen said at the Bulgarian round of the WRC last weekend.

"I have still not decided what I am doing next year yet. Soon I have to decide, maybe it will be just after Rally Finland."

A Red Bull source confirmed to AUTOSPORT that it is close to a deal with Raikkonen: "We are very happy with what Kimi has done this season. He is very good for the Red Bull brand and we are looking to extend his agreement into next year. I think this is likely."

Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel is confident that he will retain Raikkonen in 2011.

"I'm sure this will happen," he said. "For myself, he is really involved in rallying and he wants to succeed. I will be pleased if he will stay. he has done one year and he needs to do one more year to make sure."

Sebastien Loeb agrees that it would benefit Raikkonen to stay for at least a second year in the WRC.

"He should, because this year he is only learning," Loeb said. "He cannot be competitive this year and if he stops then he has lost this year. If he continues next year he will arrive on the rallies knowing where he is.

"He has the notes, he can modify them, which is much easier than this year when he had to make them all from the start. He will know better the stages in his head. He can improve a lot from this year to next year.

"Especially because we all change cars, so he will get in the new car and we will also. I'm sure he would have more chances to succeed next season."


Link: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85282
So, WRC it is? I think so !yahoo:

_________________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:23  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45
Posts: 479
Duval confirms return for Germany

Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson added: "I'm delighted to see Francois back behind the wheel of a Ford Focus RS WRC again. He will strengthen the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team at a crucial part of the season so we are very much looking forward to welcoming him on board.

"We really enjoyed working with Francois in 2008 and I have little doubt that he will continue to impress us when he joins us in Germany next month."

Duval has finished second in Germany three times, but was fourth last time out when he drove a Stobart Ford on the Trier-based event in 2008. Duval has not competed in the WRC since finishing sixth on the 2008 Rally GB.


Link: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85290

_________________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:25  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 19:11
Posts: 1771
Location: New York
he states that he still has not decided yet, those are his words, so until he says rally, everything is still on the table.

_________________
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:30  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2010, 19:28
Posts: 800
Maria d wrote:
he states that he still has not decided yet, those are his words, so until he says rally, everything is still on the table.


I highly respect Your commitment :thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 13:31  
GP2 Driver

Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45
Posts: 479
Maria d wrote:
he states that he still has not decided yet, those are his words, so until he says rally, everything is still on the table.


You just keep telling yourself that :roll:: :p

_________________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 107  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB