Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 07 Jul 2010, 20:04

money probably yes also BUT the main reason I believe is the right to compete against Loeb already next year. He doesn't want to be the number 2 who gives away victories to Loeb. Did you remember how angry he was after the Jordan episode, he was totally pxxxxst.
Last edited by Julia on 07 Jul 2010, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 843
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 05:15
Location: Finland

Re: Rally News

Post by Dracaena » 07 Jul 2010, 20:11

Citroen either have to guarantee Ogier equal treatment or he will (should) go to Ford. If Loeb continues it would be great for the sport to have them in different teams. At the moment I'm more worried about the sport than about the careers of Hirvonen/Latvala. They're nice blokes but they've had their chance. It would be nice to see what Ogier could do at Ford.

User avatar
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5049
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Location: Finland

Re: Rally News

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jul 2010, 21:48

Dracaena wrote:Citroen either have to guarantee Ogier equal treatment or he will (should) go to Ford. If Loeb continues it would be great for the sport to have them in different teams. At the moment I'm more worried about the sport than about the careers of Hirvonen/Latvala. They're nice blokes but they've had their chance. It would be nice to see what Ogier could do at Ford.


I'm also more worried about the sport - it's like a blank page and can't seem to place anything in it :blush:

But will Citroen let Ogier go after sponsoring him from the very beginning?

Now it has looked like Ford isn't that competitive although Mikko won Monte Carlo with their S2000-car - ah, too difficult for me :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

User avatar
Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 228
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 15:45
Location: Brasil/Suomi
Contact:

Re: Rally News

Post by Arli Racegirl » 07 Jul 2010, 22:51

Anyone have seen this video? Very funny!! hahahaha :lol: pure gold!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2E2J8Yx2Jo
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

User avatar
redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1415
Joined: 02 Jun 2010, 10:49
Location: Texas

Re: Rally News

Post by redstorm » 07 Jul 2010, 23:32

Squeaks like a girl, excellent! But keeps it going. Good girl lol!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

User avatar
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5293
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51

Re: Rally News

Post by luieluv » 08 Jul 2010, 09:59

Ogier considering Ford switch for 2011

Citroen Junior Team driver Sebastien Ogier is considering an offer from Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson to switch manufacturers and drive a Ford Fiesta in next year's World Rally Championship.

Ogier, 26, is one of the brightest young stars of the series. He won the Junior World Championship with Citroen in 2008, and underlined his potential in a World Rally Car by taking his maiden WRC victory at Rally Portugal in May this year.
At today's shakedown test for Rally Bulgaria, Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson told wrc.com that he would like to see Ogier driving for his team in 2011.

"We were approached by his management team a while ago, I have had meetings with then since Portugal Rally and yes, we have made Sebastien an offer," he said. "We're obviously always looking at ways to strengthen and improve our team performance and Sebastien is a driver without a signed contract."

But if Ogier does make the jump to the blue oval, it won't be at the expense of current drivers Mikko Hirvonen or Jari-Matti Latvala. "I want to make it very clear that Mikko and Jari-Matti will still be the main drivers at the BP Ford Abu Dhabi team for 2011," added Wilson. "We're looking at other ways to incorporate him [Ogier] but we're not in a position to disclose those just yet."

Ogier, who also has an offer to stay at Citroen next year, refused to discuss the details of either deal but said he hoped to make a decision this month: "For the moment I don't have much more to add - I prefer to stay concentrated on this rally and this season - but yes I have a proposition from Ford, and I'm happy with that because it proves I've had a good drive this season and a good progression."

"It’s good for me to see that both manufacturers want me - that's good. We will know soon [which offer to accept]. It's difficult to say when but I hope it will be arranged by Finland," he added.

link:
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... eason=2010
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally News

Post by valuk » 08 Jul 2010, 12:51

Citroen calm about Ford's Ogier bid

"I think Sebastien Ogier likes the colour red, he prefers red to blue - I'm not so anxious," said Quesnel. "If Ford wants to speak to Ogier they can, I can't do anything. I don't mind, it means Ogier is good. We will see what he decides.

"This is the game, but Citroen is used to preparing the young driver and I think Ford should do the same - they have the young driver called Matthew Wilson - it would be better for rallying if they do the same."

link:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85060
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 08 Jul 2010, 13:26

valuk wrote:Citroen calm about Ford's Ogier bid

"I think Sebastien Ogier likes the colour red, he prefers red to blue - I'm not so anxious," said Quesnel. "If Ford wants to speak to Ogier they can, I can't do anything. I don't mind, it means Ogier is good. We will see what he decides.

"This is the game, but Citroen is used to preparing the young driver and I think Ford should do the same - they have the young driver called Matthew Wilson - it would be better for rallying if they do the same."

link:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85060


OUCH, what a nasty punch from Qesnell...

about what the Ford manager said yesterday at the rallyradion:

Gerrard Quinn interview on totalrally radio tonight said that Ford have (today) made a formal offer to Ogier.
He did also admit that Ford are talking to others. Looks like the 4 Fiesta 1.6T would be driven by "drivers" not necessarily pay as you go rallyists. Colin Clark suggested if Ogier isnt at Ford, that the line up could be MH, JML, PG and Petter. Quinn did not dismiss this suggestion.


Ford seemed to have realized that they need driver who can compete for podiums also in the second squad. Its going to bee a interesting silly season also in the rally....
Last edited by Julia on 08 Jul 2010, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5553
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01

Re: Rally News

Post by sleenster » 08 Jul 2010, 13:47

Arli Racegirl wrote:Anyone have seen this video? Very funny!! hahahaha :lol: pure gold!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2E2J8Yx2Jo


:lol: He shouldn't be in rallying if he's afraid of crashing!

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 11 Jul 2010, 20:34

little rally silly seson:

this interview is from this weekend... doesn't sound that seb2 is going to change color... so has he got the right to fight loeb or is loeb retiring?

No more IRC events for world series ace Ogier

11th July 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Sebastien Ogier will not contest any more rounds of this year’s Intercontinental Rally Challenge.

The French ace took part on the season-opening Monte Carlo Rally in January and was due to contest the rounds in Ypres and Sanremo at the wheel of a factory-supported Peugeot 207 Super 2000.

However, he was a non-starter in Ypres due to testing commitments with the factory Citroen operation and revealed on Rally Bulgaria that he would tackle no further rounds of the series.

“I think now it’s finished for me in the IRC,” said Ogier. “Now I will become an official driver of the main Citroen team for this year and it’s not right for the image of the team that I drive a Peugeot because the team want to make me only a Citroen driver, even though it is the same family.”

The news means Stephane Sarrazin, who replaced Ogier in the PH Sport-run Peugeot squad in Ypres, is likely to be called up for more events this season, with Peugeot still intent on chasing a fourth IRC manufacturers’ title, despite Skoda’s continued dominance with its fleet of works-prepared Fabias.


http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/no_m ... ace_ogier/

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 11 Jul 2010, 20:42

somebody asked about why Kris Meeke is testing citroens next years car... and is it maybe indicating that he is going to drive in wrc next year.

after i stumbled upon this OLD article from last summer i definitely sounds that he is going to drive citroen next year...

Olivier Quesnel considers Kris Meeke for Citroen

Kris Meeke is being considered for a drive with Citroen's factory team in the WRC, but not until the French marque's planned S2000 car comes on stream, according to Motorsport News.

Meeke, who is contesting the IRC in a Peugeot UK backed 207 S2000, is Citroen's official test driver and drove for the manufacturer in the 2005 and '06 JWRC.

The contracts of Citroen's current drivers, Loeb and Sordo, expires at the end of this year. Although Olivier Quesnel, who is the sporting boss of both Citroen and Peugeot, said he could see no reason why they would not be retained, he admitted Meeke's experience of driving Super 2000 machines would be advantageous to Citroen.

Quesnel stated to MN:

Kris is really fast and could be in the WRC with our team, for that I am quite sure. We have to consider all the drivers and I can't tell you what will happen but what I am quite sure about is he's good.

The WRC is set to adopt a winter season-style calendar from next year and could operate a six round championship in the first half of 2010 for the existing World Rally Cars before the 2010/11 series kicks off in August, when it is suggested the new generation regulations will be adopted as standard.

With Citroen unlikely to have its C3 based S2000 available until the middle of 2010, Quesnel admitted it would be unwise to promote Meeke to the WRC until the new car is ready due to the Northern Irishman's lack of knowledge of the current C4.

Quesnel added:

I would prefer him to be in the IRC and get the experience in the Super 2000 car because by the time he learns the current C4 WRC the six rallies will be finished.



http://www.rallybuzz.com/quesnel-meeke-citroen/

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally News

Post by valuk » 12 Jul 2010, 18:02

Duval linked to Deutschland return

By David Evans Monday, July 12th 2010, 17:26 GMT

Francois DuvalOne-time world rally winner Francois Duval has contacted M-Sport with a view to renting a Focus RS WRC for next month's Rally Deutschland.

Despite announcing his retirement from rallying earlier this season, the 29-year-old Belgian is seeking a possible return on the Trier-based event, which is one of his favourite rounds of the series.

Duval has competed on the Rally Deutschland seven times before - finishing on the podium four times, including his last visit there in 2008 when he drove a Ford Focus RS WRC 08 for the Stobart team.

Ford's technical director Christian Loriaux confirmed the 2005 Rally Australia winner had been in touch with the Cumbrian-based team.

Loriaux said: "Francois has contacted us about hiring a Focus for Germany. It's a purely commercial deal. I saw some things in the press saying that I have contacted him and I want him to come and drive the car to tell us where we are, but that's simply not true – I didn't say that at all and I've had to ignore 200 or so journalists calling me to ask me about it.

"I think we might have a car available and if he can find the budget then maybe we can make it happen. But that's it, like I said: a commercial deal, not us chasing him."


Link:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85251
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 479
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 19:45

Re: Rally News

Post by valuk » 12 Jul 2010, 18:15

Julia wrote:somebody asked about why Kris Meeke is testing citroens next years car... and is it maybe indicating that he is going to drive in wrc next year.

after i stumbled upon this OLD article from last summer i definitely sounds that he is going to drive citroen next year...

Olivier Quesnel considers Kris Meeke for Citroen

Kris Meeke is being considered for a drive with Citroen's factory team in the WRC, but not until the French marque's planned S2000 car comes on stream, according to Motorsport News.

Meeke, who is contesting the IRC in a Peugeot UK backed 207 S2000, is Citroen's official test driver and drove for the manufacturer in the 2005 and '06 JWRC.

The contracts of Citroen's current drivers, Loeb and Sordo, expires at the end of this year. Although Olivier Quesnel, who is the sporting boss of both Citroen and Peugeot, said he could see no reason why they would not be retained, he admitted Meeke's experience of driving Super 2000 machines would be advantageous to Citroen.

Quesnel stated to MN:

Kris is really fast and could be in the WRC with our team, for that I am quite sure. We have to consider all the drivers and I can't tell you what will happen but what I am quite sure about is he's good.

The WRC is set to adopt a winter season-style calendar from next year and could operate a six round championship in the first half of 2010 for the existing World Rally Cars before the 2010/11 series kicks off in August, when it is suggested the new generation regulations will be adopted as standard.

With Citroen unlikely to have its C3 based S2000 available until the middle of 2010, Quesnel admitted it would be unwise to promote Meeke to the WRC until the new car is ready due to the Northern Irishman's lack of knowledge of the current C4.

Quesnel added:

I would prefer him to be in the IRC and get the experience in the Super 2000 car because by the time he learns the current C4 WRC the six rallies will be finished.



http://www.rallybuzz.com/quesnel-meeke-citroen/


So we will have "two" champioships-half of the year with the old cars and half with the new cars? Will Ford have an advantage because they already use their Ford Fiesta in S2000 rally championship?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 12 Jul 2010, 19:44

valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:somebody asked about why Kris Meeke is testing citroens next years car... and is it maybe indicating that he is going to drive in wrc next year.

after i stumbled upon this OLD article from last summer i definitely sounds that he is going to drive citroen next year...

Olivier Quesnel considers Kris Meeke for Citroen




http://www.rallybuzz.com/quesnel-meeke-citroen/


So we will have "two" champioships-half of the year with the old cars and half with the new cars? Will Ford have an advantage because they already use their Ford Fiesta in S2000 rally championship?


sorry, my bad, the part about the timetable have changed since that news... they where supposse to take the new cars earlier but they later decided that they start with the new cars in the beginning of next year....

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1608
Joined: 23 May 2010, 06:44

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 12 Jul 2010, 19:50

i don't know how reliable source this is but...

google translate:

Loeb would like Ogier at Ford

There are several ways of seeing things, summarizes the Alsatian. About me, it is in the team next year and it turns, as in Portugal, a tight showdown between two of us, it is more difficult to manage for the boss and create tensions Ogier between pro-and pro-Loeb. So if Ford goes, things are clear: we will defend opponents and each brand. But I understand he wanted to stay at Citroen, because it is partly thanks to the brand he could prove his worth. Conversely, if he and I are crushed at the next championship Citroen, Ford could leave the discipline. Citroen And also, once! And there, Ogier has lost everything ... His decision may therefore be important for the future. Malcolm (Wilson, the Ford team boss) have done everything for him and made a good proposal. And there, it will be No. 1 driver for sure.


http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breve...r-d-ogier.html

Post Reply