Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by valuk » 02 Jul 2010, 19:36

Denorth wrote:
valuk wrote:
Denorth wrote:citroen announced DS3R3
http://www.piecescitroensport.citroen.c ... ation1.pdf
Why are they using smaller cars for 2011? Because the engine is less powerful or is it just a commercial decision?
It looks like that c**p fiat abarth. :(
it is for R3T group as well as Abath 500 R3T - for privateers
Oh, that´s the reason. At the risk of sounding girly-it doesn´t look nice. :blush:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 Jul 2010, 20:56

momo wrote:Press Release
Rally Finland - Entries
01/07/2010

2010 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
NESTE OIL RALLY FINLAND
(29 - 31 JULY 2010)

LIST OF MANUFACTURER ENTRIES
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... s_fin.aspx
Thank you Momo, it's going to be a huge event with lots of information. They say that Finland's rally is the best organised rally in the world :shhh:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 Jul 2010, 20:58

luieluv wrote:Sebastien Ogier at Ford in 2011?

Still no contract for 2011, Sebastien Ogier has received an offer from Ford to join the team official from 2011. The French did indeed confirm this rumor: "I had a proposal from Ford. And Citroen knows. Now it remains to reach agreement on the future. " However, Ogier has currently no intention to change "camp" all depends on the contract and the terms offered by Citroen: "There is no reason to change my team. My desire is to stay at Citroen, because everything that happened to me well so far happened with them. "
Because of this "fuzzy", Sebastien Ogier was absent during the last trials of the DS3 WRC on asphalt ("There is no particular concern with Citroen. It is true that I had to ride on Friday, but ultimately it will not happen. Because I am currently in contract negotiations for next season).

In any case, his relationship with Sebastian Loeb has changed during the season, the multiple world champion French admit: "We'll see how it will happen in the team when he gets there. It is clear that the relationship to him has evolved naturally, before I was advising, it is now at a stage where it became my number one rival. I may have to stop to give him all the small pipes. is normal, that's racing. "

link:
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/sebastien-ogier-ford-2011/
That is some disturbing news, Luie ''hmm''

Please tell more if you find information about it.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 03 Jul 2010, 07:11

Citroen debuts 2011 DS3 R3
Racing series BRC RALLY WRC
Date 2010-07-02
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=375759
EDIT:
Sorry had already been posted by Denorth. :blush: :blush:
This morning I am more stoned than usual! :zz:

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 04 Jul 2010, 16:31

Someone understand Hungarian language?
Kimi vs Kubica in ADAC Rally Deutschland?
http://www.autonavigator.hu/sztori/kubi ... ezhet-2920
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 04 Jul 2010, 17:37

Arli Racegirl wrote:Someone understand Hungarian language?
Kimi vs Kubica in ADAC Rally Deutschland?
http://www.autonavigator.hu/sztori/kubi ... ezhet-2920
Kubica and Kimi will race against each other in Rally Germany. The rally will be held between 20-22 August. Kubica will race with a Renault Clio S–1600.

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 04 Jul 2010, 17:42

thank you Kriss
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Jul 2010, 17:45

Wolfie wrote:

Still no contract for 2011, Sebastien Ogier has received an offer from Ford to join the team official from 2011. The French did indeed confirm this rumor: "I had a proposal from Ford. And Citroen knows. Now it remains to reach agreement on the future. " However, Ogier has currently no intention to change "camp" all depends on the contract and the terms offered by Citroen: "There is no reason to change my team. My desire is to stay at Citroen, because everything that happened to me well so far happened with them. "
Because of this "fuzzy", Sebastien Ogier was absent during the last trials of the DS3 WRC on asphalt ("There is no particular concern with Citroen. It is true that I had to ride on Friday, but ultimately it will not happen. Because I am currently in contract negotiations for next season).

In any case, his relationship with Sebastian Loeb has changed during the season, the multiple world champion French admit: "We'll see how it will happen in the team when he gets there. It is clear that the relationship to him has evolved naturally, before I was advising, it is now at a stage where it became my number one rival. I may have to stop to give him all the small pipes. is normal, that's racing. "

link:

Oh no, does that mean either Hirvonen or Latvala will have to make way for him then? :fear:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 04 Jul 2010, 18:16

sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

link:

Oh no, does that mean either Hirvonen or Latvala will have to make way for him then? :fear:

how about a 3 car ford team (mikko-jml-ogier) and 3 car citroen team (loeb-Kimi-sordo) :p
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 18:28

I don't know anymore, these Ford-news are disturbing me big time ''hmm''

Can Citroen afford to let their Golden Boy Ogier leave?

Who would make room for him - Hirvo or Jari-Mari?

But at least we will see the absolute dream come true in Rally Germany - Kimi and Robert :C: !yahoo:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 04 Jul 2010, 20:10

what disturbing??? it was a brilliant move from Wilson! He probably sent a congratulation and the offer strait after Ogiers first win! And he just put Quesnell in a very difficult situation because Wilson probably offered Ogier the only thing he wants: (the third seat beside Hirvo and JML with) the right to race everybody including Loeb... Quesnell is still waiting for Loeb to decide if he want to continue and now he is in the situation where Ogier is requiring that he has the right to race against Loeb. And loeb probably have in the contract that he is the number One driver...

I don't see ogier mowing.. he is where he is because citroen and the french goverment, but it definitely puts ford in a better situation if the citroen drivers would race against each other next year and take away point from each other (and it has to affect Loebs thoughts about retiring or not)...so Ford can only win in this situation... this is just my two cents what the Ford offer is about...

oh, I so like the style Citroen and Ford are playing chess with each other ... when you compare to the psychological war tthrough the media the team managers use in F1 :O

did you also notice that it wasn't many days after Sordo hade slipped that Quesnell was planning a thre driver team next year that Wilson called Andersson and put him on a wheel of a Ford WRC and now he is competing with it... Is it just me who sees a pattern here

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 Jul 2010, 21:03

Julia wrote:what disturbing??? it was a brilliant move from Wilson! He probably sent a congratulation and the offer strait after Ogiers first win! And he just put Quesnell in a very difficult situation because Wilson probably offered Ogier the only thing he wants: (the third seat beside Hirvo and JML with) the right to race everybody including Loeb... Quesnell is still waiting for Loeb to decide if he want to continue and now he is in the situation where Ogier is requiring that he has the right to race against Loeb. And loeb probably have in the contract that he is the number One driver...

I don't see ogier mowing.. he is where he is because citroen and the french goverment, but it definitely puts ford in a better situation if the citroen drivers would race against each other next year and take away point from each other (and it has to affect Loebs thoughts about retiring or not)...so Ford can only win in this situation... this is just my two cents what the Ford offer is about...

oh, I so like the style Citroen and Ford are playing chess with each other ... when you compare to the psychological war tthrough the media the team managers use in F1 :O

did you also notice that it wasn't many days after Sordo hade slipped that Quesnell was planning a thre driver team next year that Wilson called Andersson and put him on a wheel of a Ford WRC and now he is competing with it... Is it just me who sees a pattern here
That's just the disturbing part, Julia - it's not all very familiar to me yet and reading these... don't know how to build upon them because of so little information :blush:

Why can't they just keep it simple and clear :<>:

LOL

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 04 Jul 2010, 22:53

saif wrote:
sleenster wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

link:

how about a 3 car ford team (mikko-jml-ogier) and 3 car citroen team (loeb-Kimi-sordo) :p
I don't think it makes sense for 3 car teams because only two drivers can be nominated for manufacturer points. Somebody will have to go. :fear:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 06 Jul 2010, 14:47

Block relishing move to one car for 2011
News
6th July 2010
By Richard Rodgers

Ken Block says he can’t wait for the 2011 season to begin because he will no longer have to swap between two different types of rally car.

The Monster-backed driver has used a Group N-based Ford Fiesta in the Rally America National Championship and a Ford Focus World Rally Car on selected rounds of the global series.

However, Block is planning to contest all 13 rounds of next year’s world championship in a new generation Ford Fiesta RS WRC at the expense of his national title bid.

Speaking during an appearance on the Richard Burns Foundation stand during the recent Goodwood Festival of Speed, Block said: “It’s very difficult to go back and forth between each car because they are unique and there are lots of different requirements.

“I set myself up with a very difficult schedule at the start of the year but it’s something I always wanted to do. Next year actually gets a bit easier because we go into the new WRC car and I can just focus on the one car and getting the best out of that one car. It will make it easier on myself mentally, and the co-driver and the whole team.”

Block returns to WRC action on Rally Germany in August. Before then he will contest the New England Forest Rally, the final round of the Rally America National series, from July 16-17.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/bloc ... _for_2011/

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 06 Jul 2010, 14:58

thank you Momo, i like Mr. Block. he seems to like to race with Kimi.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen