Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Leijona » 23 Jun 2010, 17:51

Wolfie wrote:
@ Leijona, you're coming too? Will ask for a VIP-ticket to you too :pray:
I don't know yet Nikki! it depends on so many things, but I would love to go if both Kimi AND Vettel is there :n but thank you so much, you are a sweetheart :blush:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 23 Jun 2010, 17:56

I googled for article which could explain the decision in proper englisch but couldn't find any... but does the decisions mean?
Julia wrote:interesting rally-decisions from FIA today:
WRC: World Motor Sport Council – Decisions (23/06/10)

WRC decisions for 2011:

The FIA World Rally Championship calendar remains as ratified by the World Council in April 2010. There will be 13 events to allow the evolution of rallying worldwide, including the format of events and eligibility of cars. -> there arent coming any new races even if they opted for them in the spring

From 2011, the sporting regulations will be amended to allow any tyre manufacturer to supply tyres. Regulations will be implemented to control costs. The amended regulations will be presented to the WMSC for a fax vote before 20 July 2010. The FIA Junior World Rally Championship will continue with a single tyre supplier. -> they are opening a tyrewar???

With immediate effect, the name of the co-driver will be included on the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship and Regional Rally Championships.

The World Council adopted new cost-controlling technical regulations for the Regional Rally Championships to permit the adaptation of the current Super 2000 cars to the new 1.6L turbo engine. -> what does this mean? anything new?

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology. -> what does this mean???? Is it even englisch ? :confused:
http://www.rallybuzz.com/wmsc-13-rounds-2011/

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 20:13

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
redstorm wrote:You have your fingers in everything don't you Wolfie?
:lol:

If only I was another kind of person, it's really difficult to ask for any favours... So far my ex-boyfriends daughter is best friends with Riku Kuvaja's daughter, another friend's husband is Kimi's personal chaffeur when he is in Finland (when Kimi comes here he is 24/7 at his service) but to ask .... impossible :blush:

But this event, if it's arranged by a certain guy, then nothing keeps me from using my connections :n

@ Vida, start paddling and take Dindi with you :lol:
Some inside storys to tell us? :lol:
Don't ask Claudie, there's no end to the stories :lol:

But I was highly disturbed when my friend told me that Kimi brought her Kimi-wine, Kimi-hats, Kimi-scarfs, Kimi this and Kimi that :<>:

I told her that I don't believe her until I see them - when she brings them over I will not give them back to her :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jun 2010, 20:17

The Black Widow strikes again....
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Jun 2010, 20:21

redstorm wrote:The Black Widow strikes again....
:lol:

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 23 Jun 2010, 21:40

Julia wrote:I googled for article which could explain the decision in proper englisch but couldn't find any... but does the decisions mean?
Julia wrote:interesting rally-decisions from FIA today:
WRC: World Motor Sport Council – Decisions (23/06/10)

WRC decisions for 2011:

The FIA World Rally Championship calendar remains as ratified by the World Council in April 2010. There will be 13 events to allow the evolution of rallying worldwide, including the format of events and eligibility of cars. -> there arent coming any new races even if they opted for them in the springI see it as not adding any to the schedule for now. Just going to wait, must be a new location in the works.

From 2011, the sporting regulations will be amended to allow any tyre manufacturer to supply tyres. Regulations will be implemented to control costs. The amended regulations will be presented to the WMSC for a fax vote before 20 July 2010. The FIA Junior World Rally Championship will continue with a single tyre supplier. -> they are opening a tyrewar???Yes a tire war, sort of. Not all out war, just small scale battles.

With immediate effect, the name of the co-driver will be included on the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship and Regional Rally Championships.

The World Council adopted new cost-controlling technical regulations for the Regional Rally Championships to permit the adaptation of the current Super 2000 cars to the new 1.6L turbo engine. -> what does this mean? anything new?No. Confirmation that S2000 is the new top class.

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology. -> what does this mean???? Is it even englisch ? :confused:
They tried to get a single supplier for shifters and nobody signed up. Ha!

http://www.rallybuzz.com/wmsc-13-rounds-2011/
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 25 Jun 2010, 20:49

Petter to hold ‘shoot-out’ for co-driver

Former World Rally Champion Petter Solberg is aiming to have decided on his co-driver for the rest of the season by Monday, after evaluating three potential candidates in a shoot-out for the job.

Solberg will drive with each person for a short while, to give himself a feel of how they perform under pressure.

The Citroen privateer commented: “It’s probably not fair to talk about who these people are until the situation is clear, but this is my idea. I’ve got a few people who could do it, but it’s a difficult task and very hard to know what is the correct decision.”

One of Solberg’s priorities is thought to be saving some weight inside the car. Phil Mills, who unexpectedly quit as the Norwegian’s co-driver two weeks ago, was one of the heavier navigators in the field.

By contrast, Solberg asked the diminutive Gianni Bernacchini to take Mills’ place when the split was announced, but Bernacchini was unable to accept the role because of his existing commitment to Nasser Al Attiyah. Solberg also investigated the possibility of hiring Toshi Arai’s co-driver, Daniel Barritt, who is on the small side as well.

“Weight is important, but it also needs to be someone who I have a good feeling with and who has a nice voice, with a good way of reading the notes,” added Solberg. “One thing’s for sure: it’s going to be very difficult to replace Phil. Whoever steps into his job is going to need big shoes.”

Solberg refused to be drawn as to whether or not the co-driver change would affect his own performance, after competing for 11 years with Phil Mills. “I really just don’t know,” he said. “It’s one of those things that you only find out when it happens. But in all the time I’ve been rallying, there have always big stories and dramas and you learn to move on.”

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... +co-driver

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jun 2010, 21:42

Thanks Julia, this is going to be interesting to follow, hope he finds one he is in sync' with :pray:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 25 Jun 2010, 21:52

What if he cant find a co-driver until Bulgaria? :fear:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 Jun 2010, 22:24

apple wrote:What if he cant find a co-driver until Bulgaria? :fear:
Maybe he is trying out several candidates during the upcoming rallies :huh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 26 Jun 2010, 11:55

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:What if he cant find a co-driver until Bulgaria? :fear:
Maybe he is trying out several candidates during the upcoming rallies :huh:
... to have to choose a co-driver whit just on test drive... or maybe he chooses on Monday the person he wants to drive in Bulgaria whit and after that makes his final decision.

I soo just hopes its not going to put down his performance a lot but after reading all these articles about how a driver have to trust his co-driver 110 % and synchronize everything whit the person... but lets wait and see :(

and I am voting for him to choose a FEMALE co-driver!!! :O

(ups, sorry to post in the wrong thread, little sleepy at the time i did the posting...)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Jun 2010, 09:14

Solberg to announce new co-driver today

29th June 2010
By Giles Wade

Petter Solberg will announce his new co-driver at approximately 1200hrs today (Tuesday) sources have revealed.

The Norwegian has been searching for a replacement navigator since Phil Mills made his shock announcement earlier this month that he would be going his separate ways after an 11-year association with Solberg.

Solberg spent yesterday (Monday) evaluating three potential candidates for the seat in his Petter Solberg World Rally Team Citroen C4 WRC, starting from next month’s Rally Bulgaria onwards.

He would not be drawn on their identity but at least two were understood to be English-speaking.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/solb ... ver_today/

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 29 Jun 2010, 09:20

Kriss wrote:
Solberg to announce new co-driver today

29th June 2010
By Giles Wade

Petter Solberg will announce his new co-driver at approximately 1200hrs today (Tuesday) sources have revealed.

The Norwegian has been searching for a replacement navigator since Phil Mills made his shock announcement earlier this month that he would be going his separate ways after an 11-year association with Solberg.

Solberg spent yesterday (Monday) evaluating three potential candidates for the seat in his Petter Solberg World Rally Team Citroen C4 WRC, starting from next month’s Rally Bulgaria onwards.

He would not be drawn on their identity but at least two were understood to be English-speaking.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/solb ... ver_today/
I like the fact he will not reveal the two loosing canidates. this way it wont hurt their chances elsewhere. I wish him the best, it wont be easy after such a long history with Mills ''hmm''
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 29 Jun 2010, 10:42

Patterson to be Solberg's new co-driver

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84886

Q & A with Petter Solberg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84887
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Jun 2010, 10:59

valuk wrote:Patterson to be Solberg's new co-driver

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84886

Q & A with Petter Solberg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84887
Welcome Valuk :hug:

Thanks for the interview :shhh: