Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally News

Post by beefree88 » 22 Jun 2010, 06:33

Wolfie wrote:Thanks Dracaena :)

Tommi Mäkinen Racing in WRC :pray:
It would be a dream like situation if we'd ever see Tommi and Kaj winning a wrc title again. Of course with Kimi at the steering wheel :)
I'll never forget how Tommi built a car fitting to Kimi from a bunch of badly put together Fiat parts :)
:pray: :pray: :pray:
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 22 Jun 2010, 07:18

beefree88 wrote:

It would be a dream like situation if we'd ever see Tommi and Kaj winning a wrc title again. Of course with Kimi at the steering wheel :)
I'll never forget how Tommi built a car fitting to Kimi from a bunch of badly put together Fiat parts :)

wooooww
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 22 Jun 2010, 07:40

Dracaena wrote:
Mäkinen willing to be WRC team leader

Tommi Mäkinen, who is running his own rally team, believes that his team could be successful in the WRC if it ever rose to that level.

The rise of Mäkinen's team from the Finnish championship level to the WRC is up to finding the funding.

-It's not an impossible idea. Of course it would require a car manufacturer as a partner. At the moment I don't have that partner and that torpedos these thoughts, says Mäkinen.

Next season's rule which changes the cars to S2000 cars decreases the expenses and significantly evens up the differences in car performance.

-The new rules tie the engineers' hands in a way that decreases the expenses. It's possible for even a new manufacturer to come along and do well quickly. It would be a very simple thing for us to do. We know exactly what those cars are like, says Mäkinen.

Mäkinen has worked together with Subaru for a long time. A possible return to the series for the Japanese manufacturer could happen with Mäkinen's team but that would require the present Impreza to be replaced with a new car model.

-I do believe that Subaru will be involved in rally racing also in the future. In my opinion it would be even foolish to quit altogether and lose the reputation they've achieved. I think that as a relatively small and special car manufacturer Subaru needs to hold on to this aspect. These are tough decisions for the manufacturers these days. A few years ago making these decisions would probably have been easier. But for Subaru a new car model is needed before things can go further, says Mäkinen.

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 06/1146875
Great!!! :cool: :cool:
Thanks a lot, Dracaena :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 22 Jun 2010, 07:51

beefree88 wrote:

Yeah, that would be magical to see them in the same team again and it would be more than magical if Kimi could achieve his other goal. :pray:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 12:31

THE MEETING OF ALL DREAMS IN FINLAND: RÄIKKÖNEN VS VETTEL

Julkaistu 22.06.2010 15:02 (päivitetty 15:04)

They are putting up a duel between Kimi and Sebastian Vettel in Finland.

It would take place in Helsinki Motorsport Weekend during 7.-8. August. Neither one of them has given an official confirmation yet but Vettel has already given his personal 'yes', therefore it's only up to Red Bull's permission. The organizers believe strongly that Räikkönen will also participate. What makes it easier to happen is that Red Bull is the sponsor for the event and also the employer of both stars.

Räikkönen's co-driver Kaj Lindström has already promised that he is in the competition for co-drivers so it's a sure sign that neither one of them is doing any rally work that weekend.

In the competition star drivers from different genres compete against each other with the similar vehicle, meaning Legends-cars, Bullspeed Cross Karts and KTM X-Bows. Two drivers will drive at the same time on the track that has been built in Helsinki's Fish harbor. If they get both Räikkönen and Vettel, they will put them both to drive at the same time against each other á la Race of Champions.

From former F1-drivers Mika Salo has already promised to participate. Jacques Villeneuve is probably coming too.

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------
Hmmm, it's about 15 km from my house. Wonder if I will make it there ''hmm''
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 22 Jun 2010, 12:42

Wolfie wrote:THE MEETING OF ALL DREAMS IN FINLAND: RÄIKKÖNEN VS VETTEL

It would take place in Helsinki Motorsport Weekend during 7.-8. August. Neither one of them has given an official confirmation yet but Vettel has already given his personal 'yes', therefore it's only up to Red Bull's permission. The organizers believe strongly that Räikkönen will also participate. What makes it easier to happen is that Red Bull is the sponsor for the event and also the employer of both stars.

Räikkönen's co-driver Kaj Lindström has already promised that he is in the competition for co-drivers so it's a sure sign that neither one of them is doing any rally work that weekend.

In the competition star drivers from different genres compete against each other with the similar vehicle, meaning Legends-cars, Bullspeed Cross Karts and KTM X-Bows. Two drivers will drive at the same time on the track that has been built in Helsinki's Fish harbor. If they get both Räikkönen and Vettel, they will put them both to drive at the same time against each other á la Race of Champions.

From former F1-drivers Mika Salo has already promised to participate. Jacques Villeneuve is probably coming too.

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------
Thanks Nicole!! :O
I think you are very lucky to live near this event, i'm waiting for the pics,ok?? :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 12:50

Anelise wrote:

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------
I think you are very lucky to live near this event, i'm waiting for the pics,ok?? :lol:
Absolutely, Anelise :thumbsup:

If the guy in Finland who usually arranges all the motorsport-events is the same, then I'm going to pull my strings - there's someone very close to him who is my friend :pray:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 22 Jun 2010, 13:10

Wolfie wrote:
Anelise wrote:

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------

If the guy in Finland who usually arranges all the motorsport-events is the same, then I'm going to pull my strings - there's someone very close to him who is my friend :pray:
:pray: :pray:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 22 Jun 2010, 13:19

Here the link in Facebook:
Helsinki Motorsport Weekend 7-8.8.2010
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=310686944173

Arli Racegirl
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Arli Racegirl » 22 Jun 2010, 14:16

Wolfie wrote:
Anelise wrote:

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------

Good Luck Nicole!! :thumbsup:

I am in Finland now, but I don't know yet if I can go to see the Helsinki Motorsport Weekend...but I hope so. First I want to see the Finland Rally. Woooww I'm so excited !!
THE ICEMAN BRASIL - KIMI RAIKKONEN http://www.kimiraikkonenbrasil.com/
MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/Arli_Racegirl

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 22 Jun 2010, 14:48

There are rumors that Prodrive might be back to the WRC with Toyota .

Prodrive is definitely looking for a comeback:
"We will be back [in World Rally] next year with a brand new car. It is a new manufacturer," Richards told The Paddock online magazine in an interview.

And one say that Toyota still has unused budget for Motorsport (due to withdrawal from F1) and Big T might be interested in coming back to Rally, where it was very successful in 90s. Taking one Toyota and adding experience of Prodrive (everyone remembers their Subarus, right?) we might have a very competitive combination on hands. :p

Are we going to see big names (drivers) changing teams at the end of this season? ''hmm''
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 22 Jun 2010, 14:51

Just so long as it's not a Prius, bring it on. The more the merrier!

And don't forget the new Yota is really a Scubi anyway.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 22 Jun 2010, 16:15

MTV3 – Jani Merimaa
------------------
Beautiful news!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot... Moderator! :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 22 Jun 2010, 16:39

momo wrote:

Beautiful news!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot... Moderator! :)
:lol:

From banned permanently to moderator - that's something :lol:

Arli Racegirl, great if you are in Finland too!!! If I get some VIP-tickets then I'll ask for you too :O

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 22 Jun 2010, 18:04

@ Wolfie
Actually I was thinking that....from permanently banned to moderator...
Just love it....those guys continue to be dry and nasty....
What a place this is.... even I joined a forum...