It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 09:27

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 107  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 12:20  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Mar wrote:
Crisis on-going at the present minute in the WRC.

It seems the FIA has taken the rights management from NOS, or the Qataries have gone away... Not clear yet, it all has happened today.

It seems, some of the guys who prepared the TV highlights have already received this evening an e-mail from NOS telling them, they just lost their jobs (my best whishes for Julian Porter and all the unknown cameramen, etc).

Rumours is that Eurosport will get the rights' management (not the rights per se), at least in Monte Carlo and Sweden, but it is not confirmed yet.

I like the idea of Eurosport. But I hope they employ at least some of the guys who lost their jobs today.


It's sad, that Porter and othrs lost their job. I hope at least something good comes out of it. WRC needs better coverage. Some kind of merging with IRC, or at least a deal with Eurosport could help

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 13:27  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:
Crisis on-going at the present minute in the WRC.

It seems the FIA has taken the rights management from NOS, or the Qataries have gone away... Not clear yet, it all has happened today.

It seems, some of the guys who prepared the TV highlights have already received this evening an e-mail from NOS telling them, they just lost their jobs (my best whishes for Julian Porter and all the unknown cameramen, etc).

Rumours is that Eurosport will get the rights' management (not the rights per se), at least in Monte Carlo and Sweden, but it is not confirmed yet.

I like the idea of Eurosport. But I hope they employ at least some of the guys who lost their jobs today.


It's sad, that Porter and othrs lost their job. I hope at least something good comes out of it. WRC needs better coverage. Some kind of merging with IRC, or at least a deal with Eurosport could help

Honestly i am not at all impressed that rights from NOS has been snatched away. They were in a trial and error stage last season. Its so damn unfair. They could have done so much more this season and in following seasons i am sure the desired coverage requirement would have been met.

And as it is IIRC there wont be any live coverage for monte rally. Shame. So whats the point of ropingg in eurosport if monte rally wont be in their coverage.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 14:59  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
luieluv wrote:
beefree88 wrote:
Mar wrote:
Crisis on-going at the present minute in the WRC.

It seems the FIA has taken the rights management from NOS, or the Qataries have gone away... Not clear yet, it all has happened today.

It seems, some of the guys who prepared the TV highlights have already received this evening an e-mail from NOS telling them, they just lost their jobs (my best whishes for Julian Porter and all the unknown cameramen, etc).

Rumours is that Eurosport will get the rights' management (not the rights per se), at least in Monte Carlo and Sweden, but it is not confirmed yet.

I like the idea of Eurosport. But I hope they employ at least some of the guys who lost their jobs today.


It's sad, that Porter and othrs lost their job. I hope at least something good comes out of it. WRC needs better coverage. Some kind of merging with IRC, or at least a deal with Eurosport could help

Honestly i am not at all impressed that rights from NOS has been snatched away. They were in a trial and error stage last season. Its so damn unfair. They could have done so much more this season and in following seasons i am sure the desired coverage requirement would have been met.

And as it is IIRC there wont be any live coverage for monte rally. Shame. So whats the point of ropingg in eurosport if monte rally wont be in their coverage.

I think one of the problems here was if NOS would have been able to broadcast anything at all this year, or not. After Antonov was arrested, CSI was taken under administration, and NOS is part of CSI. If I understood it correctly (the information is still confusing), once Antonov was arrested, the money that was going to be used to promote and broadcast the WRC this year was gone (or could not be found anywhere) and NOS needed somebody else to bring the money. They found an investment bank from Qatar but something has gone wrong (rumours is that the FIA said thanks but no thanks).

I wonder if the problem with the newly found money could be the public administration situation of CSI. What if the Lithuanians say the money coming from Qatar should go to them to compensate for the money that is supposed to have disappeared?

Eurosport has live covered the Monte Carlo the last few years and they did a great job. Last year's show was simply epic (the weather helped). They have also been showing the rest of the IRC and the WRC for years, they have experience and should be able to do it very well. The problem is that there is only one week left and nobody knows what happens with the rights. Eurosport can prepare the TV-shows and provide the right holders with then, BUT what happens with the TV stations who have the rights? they signed their contracts with NOS, those contracts shouldn't be valid any longer :confused:

It seems the timings are also a problem. The guys taking care of the timings and the car-tracking (very important for the safety) had their contract with NOS and they say they have not managed to get an answer from the FIA about their situation. They don't know if they have to take care of the timing in the Monte Carlo or not, and they have to send the trucks with the material on Monday evening or it won't be on time.

Where on earth is the FIA?! :<>:

Oh! and to make the situation even better, there is no official entry list for the Monte Carlo yet because of the mess around Mini. They have not managed to solve the situation yet, even if they are trying to find a solution where Mini doesn't really comply with the rules (Kimi!!!!!! ask for your money back, if Mini doesn't need to follow all the rules, neither you do!!!!). The thing is that if Mini doesn't enter the championship with the official backing of a manufacturer, the privateers driving Minis can't either.

EDIT: corrected the information about Mini
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 19:03  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
The article published yesterday evening in iRally, where one of the NOS guys accused the FIA of causing the deal with the Qataries to fail, has now disappeared :huh:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 02:22  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
What a shame really for the guys who lost their jobs :(
Quote:
Eurosport set to become World Rally Championship promoter as North One's Qatar deal falls through

The loss of the potential investor will cost around 40 full-time jobs and a further 20 on-event freelance staff in the world championship. North One Sport is expected to be closed as of Monday.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96911

It really does not seem at this point like the FIA cares what happens to the WRC.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 06:27  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
yes really a shame.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 13:13  
GP2 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2010, 12:53
Posts: 317
I agree. :( :<>:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 20:26  
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Posts: 25503
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
FIA statement
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... -2012.aspx

_________________
F1Zone.net News
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 21:55  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
At least the FIA said something.

They are running out of time and will have to work very fast.

As silly as it sounds, the main problem at the moment is not the TV, by far. Now, the most urgent things are all those little logistical issues, necessary to have an event running, that depended on NOS. I suppose the most urgent thing will be to decide who takes care of the timings and tracking systems.

Luckily for the championship, the first rally of the season is the Monte Carlo. The organizers have so much experience organizing it well, Eurosport has so much experience broadcasting it, and the teams and drivers are so interested in it no matter if it's part of the WRC or not... that, well, if you are going to face a problem like this, it is probably the best rally if you want to come out successful and in one piece out of the problem.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 09:37  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
@planetemarcus Please RT iRally reports Timing and Safety Tracking confirmed for Monte Carlo on.fb.me/fc1u8r

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 11:03  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
Those are very good news :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 16:47  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 18:01
Posts: 5553
Well Eurosport has been the series promoter for IRC so they should be able to do the same job for WRC. Hopefully they will be able to absorb some of the jobs lost at NOS though.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 12:34  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
A tweet from Andrew_Coley Andrew Coley
Massive story breaking on iRally re. NOS trying to block use of WRC timing equipment. Messy, won't win any sympathy. Please put sport 1st

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 12:36  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
it may turn ugly.
FIA actually is a bad management unit

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 12:50  
F1 Routinier

Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 08:48
Posts: 3017
luieluv wrote:
it may turn ugly.
FIA actually is a bad management unit

May I disagree? :)
I think it's the other way around. I think, for once, there are people caring about rallying in the FIA. Todt, Mouton and Mahonen... 3 strong characters coming from rallying.

The guys of NOS owed over a million pounds to the poor guys doing the timings and now they try to screw them not letting them use the devices? :blink: That's bad blood.

What I was hearing before the FIA terminated the contract is that NOS didn't have cash to organize the championship this season. Had not the FIA jumped in, there would have not been championship because there was no money. And knowing now that they already owed a million to the timing guys, I'm afraid the rumours were right. :(
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 107  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB