It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 02:40

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 107  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 06 May 2010, 10:59  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
miezicat wrote:


THanks :shhh: Not like I thought they would look like :)

Hmmz why do they think that Kimi should have the same pace as the current leaders already next year? :huh: I mean they are driving since a few years! One can´t expect Kimi to be on their level after just one season! Well that are my thoughts! :O


This Simo Lampinen is a major force behind the Finnish rallydrivers and he can for example call Mikko Hirvonen after a stage and say 'Mikko, at least try to drive' etc etc.

So if he thinks that Kimi is Championship-material then he expects Kimi to lift up his pace although he had waited he would have done it earlier already. But he believes in Kimi and it's only a good thing if he says that Kimi can do better :thumbsup:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 07:54  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 09:14
Posts: 651
Location: finland
Wolfie wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
miezicat wrote:


THanks :shhh: Not like I thought they would look like :)

Hmmz why do they think that Kimi should have the same pace as the current leaders already next year? :huh: I mean they are driving since a few years! One can´t expect Kimi to be on their level after just one season! Well that are my thoughts! :O


This Simo Lampinen is a major force behind the Finnish rallydrivers and he can for example call Mikko Hirvonen after a stage and say 'Mikko, at least try to drive' etc etc.

So if he thinks that Kimi is Championship-material then he expects Kimi to lift up his pace although he had waited he would have done it earlier already. But he believes in Kimi and it's only a good thing if he says that Kimi can do better :thumbsup:

I have heard other things about Lampinen too and maybe thats why he is living abroad these days. He was a boss of Jyväskylä rally to 1997 and after that I remember he was in charge of security in which role he is nowadays in rallies. So..I take Lampinens comments with sore grapes a little :p .
Btw young drivers trainer is Risto Mannisenmäki who was a co-driver. I mean not a former rally driver but co-driver. That tells how much they are appreciated as trainer of young drivers and thats why Kaj is so good choice to Kimi. Jari Ketomaa who is now ninth at the New Zealand rally is one of the young drivers academy.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 10:19  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Thanks Apple :)

Jari Ketomaa really surprised me :S

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 10:21  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Great to see Becs and Colin - thanks Mietzicat :)

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 11:17  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 15:35
Posts: 552
Location: Essex
Thanks for posting they look exactly as I had imagined two great people. :)
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 19:28  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
ASTONISHING DIFFERENCE

Turun Sanomat 8.5 2010 21:28:33

Traditionally Catalonia Grand Prix -track separates the teams. The strenghts and weaknesses in the cars become very specifically clear on this track.

We already knew beforehand that Adrian Newey's car would have an excellent aerodynamic grip and that it is in it's own class when it comes to downforce. After Saturday quali we also know that the mechanic grip is on the best level.

The difference to McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was almost nine tenths. When you take into consideration that the Brit made a top lap you can start talking about a one second lead.

Newey has not wanted to copy other's inventions in the middle of the season and it looks more and more that Red Bull doesn't even need McLaren's F-Duct. What if the car had one working perfectly? Red Bull would disappear into the horisont from the others.

It's quiet on the rumour-side. Lately they haven't been whispering about rally driver Kimi Räikkönen's comeback inside Red Bull and especially not in the camp of reporters.

F1-media is so closed that half of the gang doesn't seem to follow rally at all. And the team managers don't seem to have a clue about rally-matters.

When Stefano Domenicali came to say hello I said to him that isn't it quite special that Räikkönen has after four rallies more championship-points than Michael Schumacher has after four GP-races.

– Really? Domenicali said - and told that he had just talked with Kimi on the phone.

It is obvious that on Sunday Schumacher will pass his rally colleague in points.

Montmelo/Heikki Kulta

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 20:10  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2010, 18:46
Posts: 1163
Location: Hungary
Wolfie wrote:
When Stefano Domenicali came to say hello I said to him that isn't it quite special that Räikkönen has after four rallies more championship-points than Michael Schumacher has after four GP-races.

– Really? Domenicali said - and told that he had just talked with Kimi on the phone.


1. It seems that Stephen Sunday talks with Kimi more nowadays than when he was Kimi's boss. :roll::

2. If he keeps in touch with Kimi at least he should know how he's doing. (Not from Kimi, of course, but if he's that interested... then he should search for his results IMO).

3. What did he say to Kimi? You should come back, we have a specially oversteering car. Pity, that we couldn't provide it when you were around... :confused:

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 20:13  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 09:07
Posts: 5049
Location: Finland
Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
When Stefano Domenicali came to say hello I said to him that isn't it quite special that Räikkönen has after four rallies more championship-points than Michael Schumacher has after four GP-races.

– Really? Domenicali said - and told that he had just talked with Kimi on the phone.


1. It seems that Stephen Sunday talks with Kimi more nowadays than when he was Kimi's boss. :roll::

2. If he keeps in touch with Kimi at least he should know how he's doing. (Not from Kimi, of course, but if he's that interested... then he should search for his results IMO).

3. What did he say to Kimi? You should come back, we have a specially oversteering car. Pity, that we couldn't provide it when you were around... :confused:


Looks like Kimi didn't even answer the call and Sunday was talking to his answering machine :lol:

_________________
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 04:23  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 02:51
Posts: 5293
i guess F10 is more of a understeering car.

_________________
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 06:00  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 01:59
Posts: 537
Wolfie wrote:

Looks like Kimi didn't even answer the call and Sunday was talking to his answering machine :lol:


:lol:

:thumbsup:
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 18:58  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 18:45
Posts: 665
Wolfie wrote:
ASTONISHING DIFFERENCE

Turun Sanomat 8.5 2010 21:28:33

When Stefano Domenicali came to say hello I said to him that isn't it quite special that Räikkönen has after four rallies more championship-points than Michael Schumacher has after four GP-races.

– Really? Domenicali said - and told that he had just talked with Kimi on the phone.

Montmelo/Heikki Kulta


tweet by James Allen #f1 Both Ferrari drivers suffering oversteer problems this morning
http://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/statuses/13600201450

Maybe he asked Kimi to give tips how to handle the oversteering car;)
Funny that Domi nowadays suppose to talk Kimi that much. What happened with "doesn't talk to anybody but Stella" Baldisseri complained about?

_________________
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 07:46  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Solberg will bounce back, says team chief Rees

Ken Rees has backed Petter Solberg to bounce back from the final-stage crash that put his driver out of Rally New Zealand.

Privateer Solberg was on course to cement his second-place championship place with a podium finish when he went off the road on a left-hand bend approximately five kilometres into the second Whaanga Coast stage on Sunday.

Solberg’s Citroen C4 then careered through a ditch and into a metal telegraph pole while travelling flat in sixth gear.

Neither Solberg nor co-driver Phil Mills was injured in the crash although Mills complained of stiffness afterwards because the pole had struck his side of the car.

“The car is not too bad, okay, we’ve still got to do a full inspection, but we think it will be okay for Portugal [the next round of the WRC in late May],” said Rees. “We were obviously all disappointed because Petter could so easily have won. It’s not great for the championship either because we’ve dropped to fifth but we’ll bounce back and Petter will run fifth on the road in Portugal, which could make a big difference.”

maxrally

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 07:46  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Latvala tells Loeb he was too quick in NZ

Jari-Matti Latvala has told Sebastien Loeb that he would have stood no chance of beating the six-time world champion to victory in New Zealand, had the French ace not gone off the road on Sunday’s second stage.

Latvala’s triumph broke Loeb’s three-event winning sequence and propelled the Finn to second place in the title standings, 36 points behind Loeb.

“You were so fast, so amazing, I don’t know how you did those times,” Latvala told Loeb following the Citroen C4 driver’s fight back from seventh to first on the WRC qualifier. “It’s only because you had problems that I won. I really couldn’t believe it because I never thought it would be possible.”

Latvala’s win put Ford top of the all-time list of winning manufacturers in the WRC with 75 wins to Lancia’s 74.

maxrally

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 07:47  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 04 May 2010, 09:36
Posts: 971
Location: Temporary Dunya
Country: India (in)
Rally legends honoured in Finland
10TH MAY 2010
By Giles Wade

Four legends of the sport have been inducted into the Rally Hall of Fame, a joint initiative between Finland’s motorsport federation and Mobilia, the country’s transport museum.

Finns Rauno Aaltonen and Timo Makinen, Swede Erik Carlsson and Brit Paddy Hopkirk are the first four drivers to be inducted. A new recruit will be added to the roster each year with the first due to be announced during Finland’s World Rally Championship qualifier in late July.

The Rally Hall of Fame features a collection of photography, memorabilia and other material associated with the inductees’ careers. It is housed within the Mobilia Museum’s premises in Kangasala, 20 kilometres east of Tampere.

_________________
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rally News
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 08:02  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 20:11
Posts: 1183
Location: Finland
saif wrote:
Latvala tells Loeb he was too quick in NZ

Jari-Matti Latvala has told Sebastien Loeb that he would have stood no chance of beating the six-time world champion to victory in New Zealand, had the French ace not gone off the road on Sunday’s second stage.

Latvala’s triumph broke Loeb’s three-event winning sequence and propelled the Finn to second place in the title standings, 36 points behind Loeb.

“You were so fast, so amazing, I don’t know how you did those times,” Latvala told Loeb following the Citroen C4 driver’s fight back from seventh to first on the WRC qualifier. “It’s only because you had problems that I won. I really couldn’t believe it because I never thought it would be possible.”

Latvala’s win put Ford top of the all-time list of winning manufacturers in the WRC with 75 wins to Lancia’s 74.

maxrally

Latvala sounds a fair man :thumbsup:
Off-Topic: show
Some other could say that it's nice to win this way or he push other drivers to make mistake :roll::

_________________
I miss a babysitter
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 107  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB