Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Ice-Ludy » 24 Apr 2010, 22:01

luieluv wrote:yeah Nicole Rocks...
+1 :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 24 Apr 2010, 23:23

Thanks so much for all the info, Nikki!

Yes, you do rock...as well as everyone else here who has posted pics, articles, videos, or even if you have just posted your own opinions! :C: :hatoff:

Wow, I'm surprised about Heikki :fear: I don't think he deserves that. He's such a nice guy, I think. :(

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 25 Apr 2010, 02:26

He is a nice guy, chef. And that MTV 3 F1 "Perkele" commercial was hilarious, I can't forget it! Have you seen it?

Wow. I missed you guys. Been absent for a week working my butt off. Now off to spend hours and hours to read what I missed...

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 25 Apr 2010, 02:57

Wolfie wrote:RÄIKKÖNEN: 5th POSITIONS AREN'T ENOUGH

24.04.2010 14:14

From an interview with the French Autohebdo-magazine:

- I know who big my difference to the top drivers still is. I know that at times I can make comparable times with them but I should be able to do it more often. I develop all the time but 5th position with six minutes to the lead is not what I want, Räikkönen admitted.

- I was already ahead of Federico Villagra and Matthew Wilson on a regular basis. It doesn't give me reason to be enormously happy but it's reason enough to be satisfied, Räikkönen said.

- Jordan was a terrible experience. There were corners you had to drive in blind. I felt lost. I wanted definitely to finish the rally and that's why I didn't have any other option than to drive slowly, Räikkönen told.

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen
Typical Kimi. Always wants to win, whatever sport it is. And so that confirms it, the 8th position at Rally Jordan was granny driving, folks! ::: Kiitos, Nikki!

And kiitos to Bosse, too, for those nice words about Kimi. If rally greats like Grönholm and Mäkinen say wonderful things about the Kimster, who are those sour, whiny little F1 critic b*tches to disagree? :p

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 25 Apr 2010, 10:39

Wow so many interesting stuff to read :thumbsup:
Thanks Nikki and everybody else :hug:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 25 Apr 2010, 10:43

Thanks Nicole for the translations :hug:
Found a site "finnish codrivers association". There is comments from co-drivers during rallies, for example Timo Rautiainen who is Marcus Grönholms co-driver.
In Sardinia 2005 when the car rolled and ended up a few meters lower from the road."You can probably take the foot of the gas pedal now."
In Sweden 2005 when the car rolled again: The corner was tightening alright!"
In this connection he used the word "kirraa" which means tightening corner.
In Jyväskylä rally 2007 in Ouninpohja stage on the crossroads" nobody is coming from the right"

There is a lot of things about pacenotes , how driver and co-driver together study the pace notes later in hotel and that actually "nopee" =fast means 90 degrees corner.It has also a certain meaning how the co-driver reads the notes, together or keeps a little pause between the notes.
Lots of useful stuff but will translate later of those if anyone interested.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 26 Apr 2010, 09:31

apple wrote:Thanks Nicole for the translations :hug:
Found a site "finnish codrivers association". There is comments from co-drivers during rallies, for example Timo Rautiainen who is Marcus Grönholms co-driver.
In Sardinia 2005 when the car rolled and ended up a few meters lower from the road."You can probably take the foot of the gas pedal now."
In Jyväskylä rally 2007 in Ouninpohja stage on the crossroads" nobody is coming from the right"

There is a lot of things about pacenotes , how driver and co-driver together study the pace notes later in hotel and that actually "nopee" =fast means 90 degrees corner.It has also a certain meaning how the co-driver reads the notes, together or keeps a little pause between the notes.
:lol:

Thanks Apple :hug:

Whenever you would have time to translate more, it would be great to read more :pray:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 26 Apr 2010, 10:07

Many thanks for the translation Apple! :)
I would be very interested to read more of these anecdotes! :pray:
Also in Finnish, if you give us the link!
:O

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 26 Apr 2010, 13:56

momo wrote:

Many thanks for the translation Apple! :)
I would be very interested to read more of these anecdotes! :pray:
Also in Finnish, if you give us the link!
:O
Ok, its http://www.fcda.fi

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 26 Apr 2010, 14:06

apple wrote: Ok, its http://www.fcda.fi
SUURKIITOS!!!

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 26 Apr 2010, 14:26

dindi wrote:He is a nice guy, chef. And that MTV 3 F1 "Perkele" commercial was hilarious, I can't forget it! Have you seen it?

Wow. I missed you guys. Been absent for a week working my butt off. Now off to spend hours and hours to read what I missed...
Yup, I watched the "Perkele" commercial and I couldn't stop laughing! :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Apr 2010, 19:02

2011 WRC calendar revealed
News27TH APRIL 2010
By Anthony Peacock

A 13-round calendar for 2011 has been revealed following a fax vote from the World Motor Sport Council.

Nonetheless, the fate of Abu Dhabi’s rally – which will run for the first time as a candidate event at the end of this year – is not yet clear. The way has been left open for a 14th event to join the 2011 series, which would be approved by the World Motor Sport Council by 23 June at the latest. Poland is also hoping to return to the World Rally Championship next year, having successfully run for the first time as part of the WRC in 2009.

The absence of the Monte Carlo Rally confirms the Automobile Club de Monte Carlo’s decision to stick with the Intercontinental Rally Challenge for the third consecutive season.

The rally dates below are listed by the Sunday of each event, although organisers will once more have the possibility to run outside of the established Friday-Saturday-Sunday format next year.

13 February: Sweden
06 March: Mexico
27 March: Portugal
17 April: Jordan
08 May: Italy
29 May: Argentina
19 June: Greece
31 July: Finland
21 August: Germany
11 September: Australia
02 October: France
23 October: Spain
13 November:Great Britain

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/2011 ... _revealed/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Apr 2010, 19:04

No Turkey... :( :( :(
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 27 Apr 2010, 19:16

luieluv wrote:No Turkey... :( :( :(
But Finland :)
I miss a babysitter

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 27 Apr 2010, 21:01

Oh guys!!!! but Greece is in too!
It is rally Acropolis as we call it, it is not far from Athens ...the city will be calm since because of a holiday on Monday all will be in the islands... So rally lovers will be able to go around a busy city in peace....
We have to make plans... :n :n