Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 02 Sep 2010, 20:01

saif wrote:TotalRally saying on Facebook that PG has signed for Mini, and his SWRC team is looking for a new driver for France.
hmmm... his SWRC team seem to have entered him this week in the France rally for them...

interesting also that stobart has nominated Block for points in France!! last two rallies they first had PG and then Duval but now neither of them is driving for ford... and they apparently didn't want to try any new names anymore? who are they going to have driving for them next year.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 02 Sep 2010, 20:03

sleenster wrote:I *heart* Marcus Grönholm but after several years away from rallying, I don't know if he's going to be another Schumie :confused:
Off-Topic: show
What is it with me and Finnish drivers?!?! I seem to end up adoring all of them
Gronholm to test for Mini
http://www.wrc.com/news/gronholm-to-tes ... ?fid=13566

but he doesn't go there (if he goes) to win the championship again... he seem to just want to drive a few rallies (on top level) a year and just have fun, so no worries I think :shhh:

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 02 Sep 2010, 20:06

saif wrote:
Julia wrote:wow, if Meeks has sign with Mini and leaves the citroen/peugeot company... his plan a was to get a full season in WRC (in citroen). So apparently he s quite shore that citroens future plans doesn't include him. And same with PG and ford (even if I dont get the logic about PG not driving this season in WRC if he gets a deal for mini to next season)

Petter to ford -> everybody seem to think its the best rational option to both of them but nobody thinks its going to happen because their history ...

Meeke to Mini narrows down Citroen Junior options to Sordo and Kimi :thumbsup:
It definitely narrows it nicely... :cool:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 02 Sep 2010, 20:32

Julia wrote:
sleenster wrote:I *heart* Marcus Grönholm but after several years away from rallying, I don't know if he's going to be another Schumie :confused:
Gronholm to test for Mini
http://www.wrc.com/news/gronholm-to-tes ... ?fid=13566

but he doesn't go there (if he goes) to win the championship again... he seem to just want to drive a few rallies (on top level) a year and just have fun, so no worries I think :shhh:
I hope so.... I would love to see Marcus Grönholm rallying again, I just don't want him to be embarrassingly slow. But hey, Kankkunen showed that he still got it, so hopefully Grönholm will be good to watch too. :shhh:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 02 Sep 2010, 21:09

sleenster wrote: I hope so.... I would love to see Marcus Grönholm rallying again, I just don't want him to be embarrassingly slow. But hey, Kankkunen showed that he still got it, so hopefully Grönholm will be good to watch too. :shhh:
Yes, here we can see the difference between rally and formula. Experience means much more in rally.
I miss a babysitter

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 03 Sep 2010, 09:30

sleenster wrote:
I know!!! I can't blame you, Sleen. I like Bosse, Tommi, Jari-Matti and of course, Kimi... can't say the same for Mikko, though. But my heart bled for him when he retired in Finland.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 03 Sep 2010, 10:02

dindi wrote:
sleenster wrote:
I know!!! I can't blame you, Sleen. I like Bosse, Tommi, Jari-Matti and of course, Kimi... can't say the same for Mikko, though. But my heart bled for him when he retired in Finland.
I'm like you 2! But I love Mikko too!!!

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 04 Sep 2010, 17:46

Live stages to get extra points in WRC

The World Rally Championship’s points system could be set for another radical shake-up when extra points are introduced for live televised stages.

Championship promoters are evaluating the concept of live televised tests that will provide the stage winner with a ‘jackpot’ of points: possibly as many as five or more, although the exact weighting is still to be decided.

Not every rally will carry the live televised stages at first, which are unlikely to run in the established superspecial format. Rather than stadia-based events, the televised stages are intended to be short city centre tests, designed to appeal to a wider audience. Unlike many superspecials, they will not necessarily be held at the very start or the very end of a rally either.

The extra points will give drivers an incentive to push as hard as possible on the televised stages, adding an extra dimension to the competition that can easily be broadcast on television.

If organisers and teams are in agreement, there is a chance that the scheme could be rolled out next year, although a 2012 debut is more probable. The championship promoter, North One Sport, is aiming to introduce a number of measures over the coming months that will enhance the appeal of rallying to new manufacturers, with live televised stages set to become a key draw in future.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/live ... ts_in_wrc/

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 04 Sep 2010, 18:23

Kriss wrote:
Live stages to get extra points in WRC

The World Rally Championship’s points system could be set for another radical shake-up when extra points are introduced for live televised stages.

Championship promoters are evaluating the concept of live televised tests that will provide the stage winner with a ‘jackpot’ of points: possibly as many as five or more, although the exact weighting is still to be decided.

Not every rally will carry the live televised stages at first, which are unlikely to run in the established superspecial format. Rather than stadia-based events, the televised stages are intended to be short city centre tests, designed to appeal to a wider audience. Unlike many superspecials, they will not necessarily be held at the very start or the very end of a rally either.

The extra points will give drivers an incentive to push as hard as possible on the televised stages, adding an extra dimension to the competition that can easily be broadcast on television.

If organisers and teams are in agreement, there is a chance that the scheme could be rolled out next year, although a 2012 debut is more probable. The championship promoter, North One Sport, is aiming to introduce a number of measures over the coming months that will enhance the appeal of rallying to new manufacturers, with live televised stages set to become a key draw in future.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/live ... ts_in_wrc/
wow...

more live coverage
more points
more money
more kimi

wow...
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 05 Sep 2010, 09:27

Duval’s Rallye de France bid falters

Francois Duval’s bid to return to the world championship on Rallye de France from September 30-October 3 appears to have faltered after his name did not appear on the draft entry list published last week.

The 29-year-old from Belgium had hoped to bounce back from his high-speed crash on Rallye Deutschland last month by contesting the Strasbourg-based event in a semi-works Ford Focus. However, it is understood he could not raise enough funds to take part on the all-asphalt contest.

Instead, American Ken Block has been entered in the second Stobart M-Sport Focus, which is believed to be the first time that an American driver has been eligible to chase manufacturer points in the modern era of the WRC.

Despite his failure to secure a drive on Rallye de France, Duval is known to be chasing funds to enter Rally de Espana in late October in an M-Sport Focus. However, if he does manage to land a deal to compete in Spain, it is not clear whether his co-driver Denis Giraudet, who sustained two fractured ribs in their crash in Germany, will be fit enough to take part.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/duva ... d_falters/
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 05 Sep 2010, 09:31

luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:Live stages to get extra points in WRC
wow...

more live coverage
more points
more money
more kimi

wow...

+1 :shhh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 05 Sep 2010, 12:48

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Kriss wrote:Live stages to get extra points in WRC
wow...

more live coverage
more points
more money
more kimi

wow...

+1 :shhh:
very good news indeed :shhh:

smart that they are thinking of putting pressure (giving extra points just for that ss)on the drivers so they just don't cruise around....

hopefully we already get it in 2011!

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 06 Sep 2010, 09:48

I read that they already once tried that out but it didn´t work! Well dunno whether I like this idea or not :huh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Sep 2010, 10:50

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:I read that they already once tried that out but it didn´t work! Well dunno whether I like this idea or not :huh:
did they say why it didn't work out last time?? was it on some forum or news?

Have to confess that I sometimes pop in on the rallyforums but "traditional rally fans" seem to bee quite negative and skeptical to almost everything new (... and current way of doing things) so I have started to take the comments on those forums with a pinch of salt... I just go to them to find news :O

sorry for my little outburst ...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Sep 2010, 11:15

some fun news :cool:

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/bloc ... for_video/
Block teams up with hip-hop stars for video

Rallying and hip-hop have met for the first time, with Ken Block’s Monster World Rally Team releasing the Gymkhana3 part 1 video, featuring popular beat combo The Cool Kids.

The first part of the latest generation of Gymkhana videos is aimed at selling the latest Ken Block merchandise, which prominently sports his 43 competition number used on the World Rally Championship.

Previous Gymkhana videos have been viewed more than 70 million times worldwide on the Internet. The new video features Block’s 800 horsepower Gymkhana Ford Fiesta, which has a number of visual similarities to the forthcoming Fiesta WRC.

The next part of the Gymkhana 3 series is expected to be released this autumn, featuring yet more of the stunt driving that the American has become famous for.

“Filming The Music Video Infomercial was super fun,” said Block. “Working with The Cool Kids was surreal, I never thought I would be co-starring in an over-the-top music video. But, the next part is where the real fun begins for me.”

To see the video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUSlnXcYeU

Block, whose next WRC outing will be on Rallye de France at the beginning of October, has committed to a full world championship programme next year with the Fiesta WRC.