Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 13 Jul 2010, 19:57

saif wrote:
Tweet from Becsywecsy

Ogier is on my mind, he will apparently decide before Finland whether he stays with Citroen or moves to Ford. Red or Blue Seb?

so has he already signed when he is again allowed to drive the next years citroen?

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 14 Jul 2010, 09:09

Ogier will be with the Blue Oval next year.

Says Red 7-14-10...
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 14 Jul 2010, 10:07

redstorm wrote:Ogier will be with the Blue Oval next year.

Says Red 7-14-10...
Agree, since he will want to breath a little...I like Loeb, but for Ogier he certainly is a shadow over his head...

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 14 Jul 2010, 10:18

it would definitely spice up things for next year!
... thats why I am so confused that Ogier was listed as a test driver for the new car because quesnell dropt him from the testprogram the same minute he heard Ogier got a offer from ford... but maybe autosprint didn't pay attention to the other names than Kimis and just assumed ogier is testing :O
Last edited by Julia on 14 Jul 2010, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 14 Jul 2010, 10:32

But if Kimi is testing does this mean he decided to stay in WRC? Or he just wants to try the new car to see if it gives him the same fun as this years car?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 14 Jul 2010, 10:38

He's a current part of the squad. Don't think anything else should be read into it just yet.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 14 Jul 2010, 10:43

redstorm wrote:He's a current part of the squad. Don't think anything else should be read into it just yet.
Well if he decided to go back to F1, why test the new car? I think he is seriously thinking abot staying in WRC. I think that he is 90% sure that he will stay.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 14 Jul 2010, 10:59

Even if he is leaving, why not play with a free toy if offered??? He very well may be staying, but he may not....we are just pawns in this big story!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 14 Jul 2010, 11:10

redstorm wrote:Even if he is leaving, why not play with a free toy if offered??? He very well may be staying, but he may not....we are just pawns in this big story!

but why would citroen now offer him to play with the toy if they know he is leaving... his input as a test driver cant be so big (he is still a rockie) -> they have definitely very good test drivers already and everything costs money... so either way he is given a opportunity to test if he likes the new car and wants to drive it next year or the he has already decided. ... remember they even dumped Ogier from the test program when it wasn't sure he would drive for them next year... and Kimi is actually they only new name in the list... the others have been testing the car some time now already...

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 14 Jul 2010, 11:18

Julia wrote:
redstorm wrote:Even if he is leaving, why not play with a free toy if offered??? He very well may be staying, but he may not....we are just pawns in this big story!

but why would citroen now offer him to play with the toy if they know he is leaving... his input as a test driver cant be so big (he is still a rockie) -> they have definitely very good test drivers already and everything costs money... so either way he is given a opportunity to test if he likes the new car and wants to drive it next year or the he has already decided. ... remember they even dumped Ogier from the test program when it wasn't sure he would drive for them next year... and Kimi is actually they only new name in the list... the others have been testing the car some time now already...
Agree. I think the deal is almost done.

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 14 Jul 2010, 11:39

valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:

It is. But in what series? :lol:

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 14 Jul 2010, 12:01

Ford: Ogier would get third works car

"There's no secret, both of our drivers [Latvala and Hirvonen] are confirmed for next year and they will continue," said Wilson. "A lot of the other stuff I'm working on, I consider as private until we get it in place. The idea is that we would find a solution to run those three guys [Hirvonen, Latvala and Ogier]. First and foremost, Jari-Matti and Mikko are in that team for next year."

"Next year is very important to us to win the manufacturers' championship with the brand new car - we did it when the Focus was brand new [in 2006] and we want the same with the Fiesta. We're looking at the best possible way to get the best chance and that's one of the reasons we have gone for Ogier - to strengthen the team."

Link:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85264

valuk
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by valuk » 14 Jul 2010, 12:02

sammyosammy wrote:
valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:

WRC, what else? :p

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Jul 2010, 16:12

valuk wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:

yeah. seems like it would be a 3 way showdown next year. Loeb vs hirvo vs ogier.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 14 Jul 2010, 19:50

luieluv wrote:
valuk wrote:
sammyosammy wrote:
valuk wrote:
Julia wrote:

yeah. seems like it would be a 3 way showdown next year. Loeb vs hirvo vs ogier.
nah .. a 4 way showdown .. Loeb vs Mikko vs Ogier vs Kimi :n :cool:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan