Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Acropolis » 22 Jul 2010, 12:04

Looks nice ...I like Citroen...I had a very nice Citroen Saxo VTS but gave it to my nephew
How are you Red, I missed morning coffee, can you please prepare an icy cold capuccino now?

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 22 Jul 2010, 12:08

redstorm wrote:Has anyone seen the spyshots of citroen's 2011 challenger yet?

http://blog.niot.net/en/tag/citroen+ds3+wrc/
And it´s "sister"

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/02/citr ... er-combat/

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 22 Jul 2010, 19:39

Wilson would welcome Gronholm back
Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson believes Marcus Gronholm could still do a good job for Mini, if he were to return with the German manufacturer next season.

In today's AUTOSPORT magazine, Gronholm admits to having talked to the parties involved in the Prodrive-run Mini World Rally Car and he says he would be interested in a programme of 2011 events.

Gronholm has worked with Prodrive previously, contesting the 2009 Rally of Portugal in a Subaru Impreza WRC.

The Finn said: "I might be interested [in coming back to WRC]. I would have to think. It's tough for the whole season again, but maybe it would be good to be involved in testing and some rallies. Why not?"

Of the 30 WRC rounds Gronholm won, 12 of those victories came at the wheel of one of Wilson's Ford Focus RS WRCs. The Briton knows the double world champion well and says it would be fascinating to see how Gronholm would fare in a possible return.

Wilson said: "Marcus would always be a welcome return to the championship, he's one of the sport's great characters and I think he could do a good job [for Mini] in that situation. I think you could harness him into some testing and six rounds next year or something like that, but Marcus gets very frustrated when he's not winning.

"But, that sort of role, he could do very well. Half a dozen rallies and some test and development, he could definitely give them [Mini] a good steer and obviously he's still a very talented driver, but it's three years since he retired."Wilson would welcome Gronholm back
Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson believes Marcus Gronholm could still do a good job for Mini, if he were to return with the German manufacturer next season.

In today's AUTOSPORT magazine, Gronholm admits to having talked to the parties involved in the Prodrive-run Mini World Rally Car and he says he would be interested in a programme of 2011 events.

Gronholm has worked with Prodrive previously, contesting the 2009 Rally of Portugal in a Subaru Impreza WRC.

The Finn said: "I might be interested [in coming back to WRC]. I would have to think. It's tough for the whole season again, but maybe it would be good to be involved in testing and some rallies. Why not?"

Of the 30 WRC rounds Gronholm won, 12 of those victories came at the wheel of one of Wilson's Ford Focus RS WRCs. The Briton knows the double world champion well and says it would be fascinating to see how Gronholm would fare in a possible return.

Wilson said: "Marcus would always be a welcome return to the championship, he's one of the sport's great characters and I think he could do a good job [for Mini] in that situation. I think you could harness him into some testing and six rounds next year or something like that, but Marcus gets very frustrated when he's not winning.

"But, that sort of role, he could do very well. Half a dozen rallies and some test and development, he could definitely give them [Mini] a good steer and obviously he's still a very talented driver, but it's three years since he retired."

Autosport
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Jul 2010, 16:35

ALL-TERRAIN
Marcus Gronholm in X-RAID?

It seems to have left a rabbit out of the hat of the X-Raid which will make animate the World TT and the Dakar 2011 ... According appeared in some media online, X-Raid BMW hired former world champion rally

After the surprise was the announcement that Nani Roma man returning to a Mitsubishi, this time one of Racing Lancer Turbo former officers, membership of JMB Stradale now, here comes more than a story, which if confirmed promises to liven up the world rather of all land in the near future.
According appeared in some media online, X-Raid BMW hired the former world rally champion Marcus Gronholm to be the mate Stephane Peterhansel in a way to combat that VW is becoming stronger. In this complex equation of seats available on teams capable of winning the Dakar, because in the end this is what it is, there still remains whether or not some grain of truth in news that circulated a few weeks ago and realized that Peterhansel could be the way to the VW. It is also unclear how long the agreement that Nani Roma has established with the JMB Stradale.
This will be a propitious moment to much speculation, and therefore nothing can be taken for granted beyond the fact that the Baja Spain Nani Roma will align with a Racing Lancer Turbo, and Peterhansel, with a BMW X3 CC.

Sources: Powered by Todoterreno.pt Rally Raid Media Group.

link:
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stor ... ries/88045
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 23 Jul 2010, 17:42

Wilson still keen on signing new recruits

By Richard Rodgers

Malcolm Wilson says the factory Ford team will still look at introducing new drivers to its line-up for next season’s World Rally Championship despite failing to lure Sebastien Ogier away from Citroen.

Rising star Ogier inked a three-year deal with the French firm on Monday after receiving a lucrative offer to join Ford.

“It’s back to the drawing board in a sense,” Wilson told Autosport magazine. “We will continue to look for ways to strengthen the team for the longer term. It’s a disappointment but it’s not the end of the world. We will regroup and look at other options.”

Wilson hinted these could include younger drivers who would be groomed for inclusion in the Ford team in future seasons, while the team boss remains keen on giving P-G Andersson, who drove a semi-works Focus on Rally Bulgaria, another opportunity to drive for the M-Sport operation.

link:
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/wils ... _recruits/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Jul 2010, 18:35

Kovalainen will drive rally test :thumbsup:

F1 driver Heikki Kovalainen says the test the rally car late in the year.

- I plan to test drive period. At some time just to get a feel. Right now I am very busy ones-with formula. Concentrate my everything to my work Lotus, Kovalainen told the auto, motor und sport magazine.

Kovalainen wants to prepare properly for it, if he aukeaisi opportunity for rally racing competition in mind.

- Rally driving without a test would not be a good thing. I want to do things the right way.

(MTV3)
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... 07/1159591

sammyosammy
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sammyosammy » 24 Jul 2010, 18:50

luieluv wrote:

- I plan to test drive period. At some time just to get a feel. Right now I am very busy ones-with formula. Concentrate my everything to my work Lotus, Kovalainen told the auto, motor und sport magazine.

Kovalainen wants to prepare properly for it, if he aukeaisi opportunity for rally racing competition in mind.

- Rally driving without a test would not be a good thing. I want to do things the right way.

(MTV3)
Waiting for Bottas to chance rallying. Followed by Vainio.. :lol:

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 24 Jul 2010, 18:52

luieluv wrote:

(MTV3)

:shhh: fantastic news! Imagine Kimi, Robert and Heikki in WRC :cool:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 24 Jul 2010, 20:28

Thanks a lot luieluv and saif, excellent articles. Grazie! :cool: :)

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 24 Jul 2010, 21:51

Momo, just another great avatar...

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 25 Jul 2010, 06:11

Citroën WRC : Top 10 Rally Jumps

Citroën has released its 10 best “Big Air” WRC rally jump pictures to celebrate its success over six years at the top of WRC.

The collection has been released in the build up to next weekend’s Rally Finland, the most adrenaline pumped and jump-filled rally on the calendar.

To build hype for the upcoming Rally Finland, reigning WRC Champions Citroen have released ten of their best “big-air” photos from this year’s rallies in Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, and Sweden. Having attended a few rallies ourselves, we know a thing or two about getting big air in a car, and we like it. The photos show Citroen’s star driver, Sebastian Loeb, and others catching big air as they push their C4 Rally cars to the absolute limit.

Loeb said, of his massive, 85-meter jump in Turkey, “It was an incredible sensation as we were up in the air for several seconds. Not for a moment did we imagine that we would jump so far.”

Jump 1

Jump 2

Jump 3

Jump 4

Jump 5

Jump 6

Jump 7

Jump 8

Jump 9

Jump 10
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010 ... mages.html

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 25 Jul 2010, 06:32

Absolutely incredible!!! Thanks bunches!

Around here everyone has a big jacked up 4x4 pickup that they think is the coolest offroad vehicle ever. What I would give to get my hands on one of these and show them how it's really done!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 Jul 2010, 07:09

It is hard to believe a car can still keep on at great speed after such impacts....great photos, thanks luie...

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 25 Jul 2010, 16:56

CRAZY JUMPS
THANKS

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 27 Jul 2010, 06:56

Mini has at last confirmed their WRC program!!! :shhh:

a picture of the car: http://www.prodrive.com/images/gallery/ ... an_WRC.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85590
Mini confirms 2011 WRC programme

By David Evans Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 09:48 GMT

Mini at ProdriveMini has confirmed the existence of the Countryman World Rally Car for the first time - and that the Prodrive-built machine will run on selected rounds of next year's World Rally Championship before starting a full programme of events in 2012.

A statement, which came from Mini in Munich, Germany, ended months of speculation linking the BMW-owned company with a rally development project being run by British-based motorsport firm Prodrive.

As expected, the Mini Countryman WRC will run with a BMW-developed 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, with the first test expected in the autumn.

Factory Minis have not been seen at rallying's highest level since the car won the Monte Carlo 1,000 Lakes Rally and Acropolis Rally in 1967. That will all change next season, however, when the Banbury-built car takes to the stages.

Ian Robertson, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Sales and Marketing, said: "I am delighted Mini will be represented on one of the most popular stages in international motorsport. The success enjoyed on the rally circuit has made a vital contribution to the image of the brand. Mini customers have always shown great interest in motorsport.

"I am convinced we will add a few more chapters to our success story in rallying. The Mini Countryman provides an excellent basis, from which to create a competitive racing car for the world championship. In Prodrive, we have a strong and experienced partner. We will work hard together over the coming months to ensure we get the project on track right from the word go."

Prodrive chairman David Richards added: "This is a very exciting new motorsport programme. During the 1960s Mini captured the imagination of the world when the tiny car took on the might of V8-powered Fords and won what was then one of the toughest motorsport events, the 4,000km Monte Carlo rally.

"I believe our new Mini will become a firm favourite of the latest generation of rally fans, just as it is adored by its millions of owners across the world. We already have a significant number of confirmed customer orders for the new Mini rally car with the first deliveries scheduled for the start of the 2011 season."

No mention has been made of precisely when the car will start testing or competing, although the Rally d'Italia-Sardegna is widely tipped to be the launch event in May next season. As for drivers, Marcus Gronholm, Kris Meeke, P-G Andersson and Mads Ostberg are the names most regularly being linked to a deal.