Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally News

Post by momo » 06 Jul 2010, 15:13

Maria d wrote:thank you Momo, i like Mr. Block. he seems to like to race with Kimi.
You are welcome Maria! :O

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 Jul 2010, 16:51

Thank you Momo :)

It's been great to watch how Ken is really interested in talking with Kimi. He obviously respects Kimi highly.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jul 2010, 08:32

''hmm''

PIRELLI'S F1-MOVE LEAVES WRC IN TROUBLE

Turun Sanomat 6.7 2010 23:46:55

While Pirelli will become the supplier of tyres to F1 it looks like their continuance on the rallyside will fall apart.

Pirelli has been the tyre supplier in WRC for three years and has had the same monopoly as Bridgestone has in F1.

The Italian team would be willing to make a contract with rally also but FIA offered them a contract for only one year.

– A one-year contract is not acceptable. One year is a too short time when thinking of the efforts the project needs, they informed from Pirelli.

According to Italian Auto Sprint it looks obvious that FIA doesn't want one tyre supplier to control two championship series.

Behind the scenes they are thinking of Korean Hankook -supplier to become WRC's tyre supplier but because it can't meet the challenge until only in 2012, Pirelli was offered a one year continuance.

Free markets for rally tyres

The dead-end led to Jean Todt deciding that WRC will go back to the free markets. They will decide in a voting on July 20th, where all parties are involved, how to proceed in the tyre-department.

Citroen's team manager Olivier Quesnel has already expressed his concern over the devastation in the tyre-department since it requires a completely new planning and means that it will be difficult for the factory teams to build enough cars for them alone - not to talk about customer teams.

At the same time this mess will drive away all the factory teams they wished would join WRC and forces them to give up their plans for the next few years.

Turun Sanomat
HEIKKI KULTA

-------------------------
Cannot resist, something Leo Turrini has to say about Pirelli in F1:

Published by Leo Turrini Fri, 02/07/2010 - 14:42

7) If then Raikkonen was to 'test' the Pirelli, God forbid ... :rofl:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 07 Jul 2010, 13:51

Wolfie wrote:''hmm''

PIRELLI'S F1-MOVE LEAVES WRC IN TROUBLE

Turun Sanomat 6.7 2010 23:46:55

While Pirelli will become the supplier of tyres to F1 it looks like their continuance on the rallyside will fall apart.

Pirelli has been the tyre supplier in WRC for three years and has had the same monopoly as Bridgestone has in F1.

The Italian team would be willing to make a contract with rally also but FIA offered them a contract for only one year.

– A one-year contract is not acceptable. One year is a too short time when thinking of the efforts the project needs, they informed from Pirelli.

According to Italian Auto Sprint it looks obvious that FIA doesn't want one tyre supplier to control two championship series.

Behind the scenes they are thinking of Korean Hankook -supplier to become WRC's tyre supplier but because it can't meet the challenge until only in 2012, Pirelli was offered a one year continuance.

Free markets for rally tyres

The dead-end led to Jean Todt deciding that WRC will go back to the free markets. They will decide in a voting on July 20th, where all parties are involved, how to proceed in the tyre-department.

Citroen's team manager Olivier Quesnel has already expressed his concern over the devastation in the tyre-department since it requires a completely new planning and means that it will be difficult for the factory teams to build enough cars for them alone - not to talk about customer teams.

At the same time this mess will drive away all the factory teams they wished would join WRC and forces them to give up their plans for the next few years.

Turun Sanomat
HEIKKI KULTA

-------------------------
Cannot resist, something Leo Turrini has to say about Pirelli in F1:

Published by Leo Turrini Fri, 02/07/2010 - 14:42

7) If then Raikkonen was to 'test' the Pirelli, God forbid ... :rofl:
Thanks Nicole!!!

I love Leo Turrini's comments!!!! :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 07 Jul 2010, 14:10

Hi Ludy :)

Wish the soccer cup would end so that Leo would get back to Italy from Africa, he is priceless :lol:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 07 Jul 2010, 16:28

Wolfie wrote:Hi Ludy :)

Wish the soccer cup would end so that Leo would get back to Italy from Africa, he is priceless :lol:
:lol: Yes Nicole...he is!!! :lol:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jul 2010, 18:19

Ford edges closer to 2011 Fiesta WRC

News7th July 2010
By Anthony Peacock

Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson has confirmed that the company’s new Fiesta RS WRC has run with a 1.6-litre turbo engine for the first time, having completed 2000 kilometres of testing over the last two weeks.

Matthew Wilson and P-G Andersson have undertaken the bulk of the driving duties, although Malcolm Wilson himself drove the car for 70 kilometres. Currently the car is fitted with a prototype 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, having previously run a version of the unit that powers the current Ford Focus RS WRC.

Andersson recently completed 1100 kilometres on asphalt, while Matthew Wilson racked up 1000 kilometres on gravel.

“What’s very encouraging is that we’ve had no major problems,” said Malcolm Wilson. “A large part of the car is obviously based on the Fiesta Super 2000, which has coped very well with the extra power from the 1.6-litre turbo engine. Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala haven’t had a go with the new car yet, but I’m sure they will be able to soon. I’m hugely encouraged by what we have achieved so far.”

Testing will continue in the south of France later this month on both asphalt and gravel, when the latest engine updates and electronics will be introduced. The car is due to run in full 2011 specification for the first time in September prior to its competition debut on Rally Sweden next February.

link:
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/ford ... iesta_wrc/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jul 2010, 19:30

Wolfie wrote:
luieluv wrote:Sebastien Ogier at Ford in 2011?

Still no contract for 2011, Sebastien Ogier has received an offer from Ford to join the team official from 2011. The French did indeed confirm this rumor: "I had a proposal from Ford. And Citroen knows. Now it remains to reach agreement on the future. " However, Ogier has currently no intention to change "camp" all depends on the contract and the terms offered by Citroen: "There is no reason to change my team. My desire is to stay at Citroen, because everything that happened to me well so far happened with them. "
Because of this "fuzzy", Sebastien Ogier was absent during the last trials of the DS3 WRC on asphalt ("There is no particular concern with Citroen. It is true that I had to ride on Friday, but ultimately it will not happen. Because I am currently in contract negotiations for next season).

In any case, his relationship with Sebastian Loeb has changed during the season, the multiple world champion French admit: "We'll see how it will happen in the team when he gets there. It is clear that the relationship to him has evolved naturally, before I was advising, it is now at a stage where it became my number one rival. I may have to stop to give him all the small pipes. is normal, that's racing. "

link:
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/sebastien-ogier-ford-2011/
That is some disturbing news, Luie ''hmm''

Please tell more if you find information about it.

A Tweet Update :
Ogier's Management team approached ford with a view to 2011, confirmed by @WRCGerardquinn live now on @totalrally
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 07 Jul 2010, 19:41

luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Still no contract for 2011, Sebastien Ogier has received an offer from Ford to join the team official from 2011. The French did indeed confirm this rumor: "I had a proposal from Ford. And Citroen knows. Now it remains to reach agreement on the future. " However, Ogier has currently no intention to change "camp" all depends on the contract and the terms offered by Citroen: "There is no reason to change my team. My desire is to stay at Citroen, because everything that happened to me well so far happened with them. "
Because of this "fuzzy", Sebastien Ogier was absent during the last trials of the DS3 WRC on asphalt ("There is no particular concern with Citroen. It is true that I had to ride on Friday, but ultimately it will not happen. Because I am currently in contract negotiations for next season).

In any case, his relationship with Sebastian Loeb has changed during the season, the multiple world champion French admit: "We'll see how it will happen in the team when he gets there. It is clear that the relationship to him has evolved naturally, before I was advising, it is now at a stage where it became my number one rival. I may have to stop to give him all the small pipes. is normal, that's racing. "

link:

A Tweet Update :
Ogier's Management team approached ford with a view to 2011, confirmed by @WRCGerardquinn live now on @totalrally
:blink: so its real, is Seb2.0 gonna leave Citoren? How can Citroen let that happen? :huh:
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jul 2010, 19:47

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

link:

A Tweet Update :
:blink: so its real, is Seb2.0 gonna leave Citoren? How can Citroen let that happen? :huh:
Exactly the same question..me also confused but i think its possible. Its real that Seb2.0 could be a ford driver come 2011. May be an indication that Kimi would be continuing at citroen.

The good thing abut WRC is that for any apparent reason Ogier dint need to hide the news like it would have happened in F1 for no apparent reason :P :n

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 07 Jul 2010, 19:49

luieluv wrote:
saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

link:

A Tweet Update :
Exactly the same question..me also confused but i think its possible. Its real that Seb2.0 could be a ford driver come 2011. May be an indication that Kimi would be continuing at citroen.

The good thing abut WRC is that for any apparent reason Ogier dint need to hide the news like it would have happened in F1 for no apparent reason :P :n

then who will be the 4th driver at citroen (main +jnr teams) - loeb, sordo, Kimi and ..????

who will Seb2.0 replace at ford? Mikko? i dont think so.. JML? why?

are we looking at the prospect of 3 driver teams? as pointed out citroen earlier when they said they want seb-seb2.0-sordo team ?
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Jul 2010, 19:54

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:

A Tweet Update :

then who will be the 4th driver at citroen (main +jnr teams) - loeb, sordo, Kimi and ..????

who will Seb2.0 replace at ford? Mikko? i dont think so.. JML? why?

are we looking at the prospect of 3 driver teams? as pointed out citroen earlier when they said they want seb-seb2.0-sordo team ?
Ogier's hunger for winning a WRC title is quite evident from the moves of his management.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 07 Jul 2010, 19:55

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

A Tweet Update :
oh, if Ogier was the first to take contact, then I definitely understand that he got excluded from the new car test...

Ogier has just shown citroen that he doesn't want to be the number two and wait till Loeb retires but he wants to have the right to compete with Loeb... hard to believe that citroen is letting their future star go to Ford but they definitly are in a tricky situation because Loeb is and has been their number one in so many years and the whole team is built around him.

so is loeb mayby going to retire after this year???

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 07 Jul 2010, 20:00

Any reason to think this might not just be a ploy to get more cash out of Citroen?
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Jul 2010, 20:02

saif wrote:
luieluv wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

link:

A Tweet Update :
Maybe it's just a negotiating strategy?