Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Ice-Ludy » 15 Apr 2010, 14:24

Rally Turkey tries to prevent tactics
By David Evans

The Rally of Turkey stewards have issued a bulletin reiterating their desire not to see the sport brought into disrepute following the tactical approach taken to the previous round of the World Rally Championship in Jordan, where drivers claimed deliberate penalties to try and improve their team-mates' running order positions.

There had been an expectation that the stewards of the Istanbul-based event would make it illegal to check in to a control early in an attempt to close off one of the tactical options available to WRC teams keen to alter their drivers' road positions. Instead, bulletin number four from the stewards of the meeting, issued at 1230 local time, draws attention to the current regulations.

The bulletin states: "The attention of all competitors is drawn to the provisions of Art. 151(c) of the ISC (International Sporting Code), Breach of Rules: 'any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally'. Please be advised that the stewards at their sole discretion will investigate any activity during the competition that they consider falls into this category. The stewards have supreme and sole authority to decide what penalty to enforce."

Instead of altering any regulations, the stewards are now thought ready to act on a decision to check in or out of controls at any time other than that allotted to the competitor.

This latest bulletin now raises questions over whether the stewards will act on drivers slowing down in the stages to improve their position on the road for the following day.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82881
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Apr 2010, 14:25

apple wrote:Thanks for the information everywhere friends, I am too tired to say anything, just looking now. I hope this isnt mole fever, I am feeling terrible. ::oops:;
:(

I know this doesn't help at all, on the contrary, but isn't it great to feel like 90 years old during feverish days :lol:

Honestly, take care Apple and be back soon :hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 Apr 2010, 14:25

Thank you for all the information too :)

aivilk
car driver
car driver

Post by aivilk » 15 Apr 2010, 16:55

Moominpappa wrote:It seems that I am the only one who likes more if Kimi continue driving Rally next year than go back to F1.
no, you aren´t :wave:
When you've got nothing, you've got something pure that no one can take away. As soon as you've got
something, some c***'s gonna come and take it off you.

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 15 Apr 2010, 17:13

I want him to return to F1, but I feel ya.
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Apr 2010, 17:22

aivilk wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:It seems that I am the only one who likes more if Kimi continue driving Rally next year than go back to F1.
no, you aren´t :wave:
Welcome :1st:
I miss a babysitter

aivilk
car driver
car driver

Post by aivilk » 15 Apr 2010, 17:44

Welcome :1st:
thanks, my first trophy, jupiii, I´m so excited :lol:
Last edited by aivilk on 15 Apr 2010, 17:55, edited 3 times in total.
When you've got nothing, you've got something pure that no one can take away. As soon as you've got

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 17:47

Welcome Aivilk
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

aivilk
car driver
car driver

Post by aivilk » 15 Apr 2010, 17:53

hi luie :wave: and everyone, happy to be here

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 16 Apr 2010, 13:07

aivilk wrote:hi luie :wave: and everyone, happy to be here
Welcome Aivilk :hug:

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 16 Apr 2010, 13:24

@welcome@ Hello Aivilk!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 23 Apr 2010, 09:13

Iltalehti, paper edition

by Marcus Grönholm

FANTASTIC, KIMI!

Here we go again.

Let's catch Kimi Räikkönen first, he was definitely the biggest Finnish name in Turkey Rally.

Success in the WRC-serie doesn't come at once - not even if you would have won everything possible in the lower series. Not to talk about how difficult succeeding is for a driver who hasn't rallied before. Kimi's 5th position in Turkey was a really tough achievement, for real.

Okay, over five minutes to the lead but let's forget about the minutes. The most important was the position. Now Kimi has found the real deal, now he had the touch. Great.

5th position gave Kimi credability and selfconfidence which will take him further again. Turkey rally proved that he is on the right road. The journey to the top has began.

Kimi has improved in listening to the notes and he has also learned to know better his Citroen. That's why he has the guts to put the foot on the pedal more down.

In the future the most important thing for him is to have the calmness to learn. He has to have the energy to constantly battle so that he grows into succes in rally too. The time for winning, which he got used to in F1, comes later.

Apart from that nothing new and wondrous happened in Turkey. The rally was won by - surprise, surprise - Sebastien Loeb, has anyone ever heard of the man? Oh well, it looks like it's going to be this again from race to race. Citroen and Loeb leading while the others whine.

There hasn't been any real battle for victory. When it was time for it Loeb came in his own pace and made winning look ridiculously easy. Unbelievable.

Mikko Hirvonen came with his Ford in a pace that was okay but I'm sure he is still gutted over hitting a stone. Of course the battle hasn't been decided yet but in the next races Mikko's difference in points to Loeb shouldn't grow over 40. Otherwise the battle will calm down remarkably and then nobody has the energy to get excited about the races.

But it's good that Mikko is attacking by taking risks and that he went flat out for the victory. I myself am of this opinion because during my own career I found the optimal driving style through numerous drivings off the road. But that's how it is, Loeb is conquered only by taking risks, you won't win him otherwise. And because you get 25 points for each victory the importance of winning is big.

I'm sure Malcom Wilson from Ford wasn't satisfied when Jari-Matti Latvala rolled. Okay, same as with Mikko, these things happen sometimes when you drive on the limit. One has to remember that Jari-Matti has drove three even races before this.

Wilson must be gutted over Citroen being on top again when it comes to the manufacturer-battle. The French team has now four competitive cars and drivers, Ford has only two.

Ford has to show what they are made of in the next races. The current level isn't enough.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 23 Apr 2010, 09:30

Thanks Wolfie!
Very nice to read words from Grönholm. He has experience to tell what is needed to become a top rally driver. He seems to be surprised Kimi's pace. I am not wondering that - I am surprised too even without experience.
I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Apr 2010, 09:32

Thanks Nicole!! :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie