Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by Julia » 06 Dec 2010, 10:14

thanx sleenster for all the new about Dani! :thumbsup: (atleast I am interested to read them and follow whats happening with him... :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 06 Dec 2010, 10:45

Julia wrote:Petter will enter monte. Very interesting! His negotiations about CJT cat be going too bad at the moment if Quesnel asked him to drive for them in monte.
You mean can't be going too bad? Because that was my first thought too when I read this news. Sounds good to me! Which is the last day for registering for Rally Monte Carlo?

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Dec 2010, 10:53

Kinga wrote:
Julia wrote:Petter will enter monte. Very interesting! His negotiations about CJT cat be going too bad at the moment if Quesnel asked him to drive for them in monte.
You mean can't be going too bad? Because that was my first thought too when I read this news. Sounds good to me! Which is the last day for registering for Rally Monte Carlo?
Yeah I meant just that (writing with a too small keyboard in a bumpy train :lol: ) so I wasnt the only one who got that thought strait away... I so hope Petter gets it sorted out out with citroen, he so deserves it! :pray:

the last day to register is today... so we know in a couple of days who will enter and who not...

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 06 Dec 2010, 11:08

Julia wrote: I so hope Petter gets it sorted out out with citroen, he so deserves it! :pray:
I hope that too and I think that too that he deserves it. Also if Kimi stays there and they could be team mates then it would be a dream team to me. Kimi is my fav but I liked Petter from the very first day I started to follow WRC. He's my favourite, absolutely! :thumbsup:
Julia wrote:the last day to register is today... so we know in a couple of days who will enter and who not...
Ok, then I remembered for it well. Thanks! :O

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 06 Dec 2010, 11:41

Solberg enters Monte with Peugeot

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88601
That’s the car rumours said Kimi was going to drive in Monte Carlo, right? I suppose we can already forget one of the rumours.

So Quesnel wanted Petter to drive for them in IRC. But wasn’t Quesnel totally against IRC? :blink: I’m beginning to think Quesnel changes his mind way too oft. :zz:

Good for Petter.

Lunna
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lunna » 06 Dec 2010, 11:51

Mar wrote:So Quesnel wanted Petter to drive for them in IRC. But wasn’t Quesnel totally against IRC? :blink: I’m beginning to think Quesnel changes his mind way too oft. :zz:
He forbade Loeb to drive there

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 06 Dec 2010, 12:03

Lunna wrote:
Mar wrote:So Quesnel wanted Petter to drive for them in IRC. But wasn’t Quesnel totally against IRC? :blink: I’m beginning to think Quesnel changes his mind way too oft. :zz:
But let Daniel Elena drive there. :lol: I guess, Loeb is not the happiest man on earth right now, it looked he really wanted to drive there this year.

Julia
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Julia » 06 Dec 2010, 12:16

Mar wrote:
Lunna wrote:
But let Daniel Elena drive there. :lol: I guess, Loeb is not the happiest man on earth right now, it looked he really wanted to drive there this year.
I understood that he stated that no Seb (meaning neither of them) is going to drive in monte as long as monte is not a part of WRC... and he had already told Ogier in the summer that he no more can drive in IRC when he is one of Citroens main drivers... guess they are not Happy campers at the moment.... Yeah, I also find it a little bit funny that Elena is allowed to drive and he then hires Petter because he wants peugeot to succeed there :lol:

about the Kimi part.. Yeah that was the team/car that Kimi was rumored to be joining in monte...

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 06 Dec 2010, 15:26

@Julia Image
Kris Meeke sees dream come true in iconic rally car

Almost exactly a year ago Kris Meeke was named world rallying’s Rookie of the Year at the glittering Autosport Awards in London’s Grosvenor House Hotel.

During the evening he bumped into David Richards, chairman of the Prodrive Group and the man behind the Subarus which took Colin McRae, Richards Burns and Petter Solberg to their World championships.

Shortly afterwards a letter arrived at Meeke’s Dungannon home. It was from Richards, congratulating him on his award and inviting him to a meeting.

“I went to meet DR on my way home from the Monte Carlo Rally last January and he outlined his plans for Prodrive to return to the World championship with BMW,” explains Meeke. “He was waiting for a decision from BMW but said he was confident it would happen and would like me on board.

“It was my dream come true. The chance to step up to the World championship and in one of the most iconic cars of all time, the Mini. I was bursting to tell everyone but I was sworn to secrecy.

“I was driving for Peugeot in the IRC, struggling with a car that was no longer competitive. It was really frustrating and I’m afraid the frustration of the whole situation showed in my driving at times. I wanted to show BMW that I was a winner but I was driving a car that couldn’t win and I was pushing too hard. Inevitably I had a couple of accidents ...”

But in July came the news Meeke was waiting for. BMW had committed to the Mini project and he was formally offered a three-year contract, rolling back the clock 40 years to when Mini last competed at world level with another Northern Ireland driver, Paddy Hopkirk.

And by a strange quirk of fate it was Hopkirk who first picked out Meeke as a face for the future when the Monte Carlo Rally winner was one of the judges at a ‘find a driver’ competition at Silverstone back in 2000.

It has been a bumpy road since for the 31-year-old who has has been British junior champion, the fastest driver in the Junior World championship and a winner in Monte Carlo but rejected by the major teams at the highest level because he was deemed to be “quick but erratic”.

But Meeke never lost faith in his own ability – nor did Marc van Dalen, Belgian boss of the Kronos Racing organisation. It was van Dalen who tamed his wild side and together they won the IRC title for Peugeot.

“I’ll forever be grateful to Marc, to Kronos and to Peugeot UK,” said Meeke. “They gave me the chance to get back on the world stage and without them the Mini opportunity would never have happened.”
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 21091.html

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 06 Dec 2010, 17:53

thx for all the news :hug:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Dec 2010, 14:31

IRC debut a one-off, insists Solberg

6th December 2010
By Charlie Contadeli

Petter Solberg says he remains committed to the world championship, despite accepting an offer to contest next year’s Intercontinental Rally Challenge opener in Monte Carlo.

Solberg, 36, will drive a factory-entered Peugeot207 Super 2000 on the asphalt event, which runs from 18-22 January.

He said: “I was very surprised when Olivier Quesnel, director of Peugeot Sport, contacted me and asked if I would be a guest driver for Rallye Monte-Carlo. Of course I had to accept but this is a one-time arrangement, and I have no plans for a future in the IRC. My plan is still to be in the WRC, and fight for the championship in 2011.

“The manufacturer team will run the car, and they wanted to hire me for this event to secure a good result for the team. As for me, this means more competitive kilometres in a rally car and a new experience, as I have not entered an IRC event before. There is also live coverage of the stages, which will be exciting.”

Solberg has tackled the Monte Carlo Rally on eight occasions. However, the event hasn’t been kind to him in the past – his best result was the fifth place he achieved in a Subaru Impreza in 2008.

He will be one of six official Peugeot drivers on the centenary edition of the event. The others are Bryan Bouffier, Bruno Magalhaes, Thierry Neuville, Stephane Sarrazin and Guy Wilks.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/irc_ ... s_solberg/

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 07 Dec 2010, 14:34

LOL at Jari-Mari ripping bits and pieces off his car as usual :roll:: (Ford Fiesta WRC testing in Portugal)

http://motoresmagazine.jalbum.net/Teste ... aWRCDezG1/
http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stor ... ries/92210

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 07 Dec 2010, 16:58

Thanks sleen and everyone else for all the news. Me keeping lil busy but really hooked on to all the news. Especially really keen on sordo's options.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Mar
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Mar » 08 Dec 2010, 12:54

News about Sordo.

He was interviewed in a Spanish nation wide radio station yesterday. This is a little summary of what he said:
  • He’s going to have a car next season.
  • Mini’s offer is the one he’s considering at the moment, but there’s nothing signed yet.
  • He’s thinking about Mini because Citroën and Ford are asking him for money (1.5 and 0.5 million €, respectively).
  • He says it’s not the same to be called to drive a car than going to a team asking for the favour to have a car to drive, and he considers he’s good enough not to ask for the favour to have a car to drive.
  • He also likes from Mini how highly they consider him and how they listen to him.
  • He thinks Mini will provably not be competitive next season, but it’s just because of the lack of experience. Having BMW supporting the thing should help for the future.
  • He’s not interested in driving Rally Dakar or F1 (and here he did a non-too-nice comment about Kimi :<>: , but listening to it, I don't think he means what he really said, the question surprised him).
  • And he also explained why he changed co-driver and more or less admitted that rumours about that are right (they didn't go along so well anylonger).

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 08 Dec 2010, 13:01

thanks Mar :hug:
what did he say about Kimi? :<>: