It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 08:21

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 155  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rally of Turkey 2010
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 09:49  
F1 Routinier

Wolfie wrote:

Thanks Kriss, this is going to be hard to watch since Kimi's first stage in a WRC-rally was in Finland last year and it was on tarmac.

Thanks for the video Nikki :hug:
Sometimes I'm happy that I can not watch it. I would get a heart-attack :lol:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 10:51  
F1 Rookie

Thanks Nicole!!!!!!
Great video!!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 12:56  
F1 Rookie

Thanks all for the info! :thumbsup:

With respect to tactics, I wonder why not put the championship leader in front in second and third days also?
Yeah, I understand that it would be an "always dirty track" state for the championship frontrunner, but, hey, who said leading the pack is easy? :O

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 13:15  
F1 Routinier

ReAlien wrote:

With respect to tactics, I wonder why not put the championship leader in front in second and third days also?
Yeah, I understand that it would be an "always dirty track" state for the championship frontrunner, but, hey, who said leading the pack is easy? :O

I'm not sure what to think of the whole thing TBH :huh:

I'm sure this is a stupid idea but why not have some cars clean up the stages so these things wouldn't be necessary?

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 13:39  
F1 Driver

Wolfie wrote:

I'm sure this is a stupid idea but why not have some cars clean up the stages so these things wouldn't be necessary?

I support this idea. Just like there is test jumper in Ski Jump competitions.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 13:46  
F1 Routinier

Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I support this idea. Just like there is test jumper in Ski Jump competitions.

Yes, something like that, Moominpappa :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 13:56  
F1 Rookie

Kimi Raikkonen Red Bull Rally of Turkey preview

Quote:
KIMI HOPES TO MAKE CHRISTMAS COME EARLY IN TURKEY

Red Bull Rally of Turkey preview

When learning anything for the first time - such as world rallying - it's important to distinguish fact from fiction. For example, turkeys do not actually come from Turkey. Instead they come from North America.

However, the first European settlers in America incorrectly identified turkeys as a type of guineafowl (native to Africa), which were mostly imported to Europe through Turkey at the time. So the name stuck, although interestingly it's almost impossible to find turkey on a restaurant menu in Turkey. Which should make Istanbul a popular destination for a Christmas break among the turkey population of the world.

Christmas is still eight months away, but Kimi Raikkonen - who is making the switch from Formula One to the World Rally Championship with Red Bull this year - had a useful present of his first four World Rally Championship points on the last WRC event in Jordan. Now he heads to Istanbul for the Rally of Turkey, which is being run on an entirely new route this year. For the first time in his short rally career, Kimi starts on a slightly more level playing field as none of the other drivers have ever seen the all-new Turkish stages either.

The difference is that this will still only be Kimi's third-ever gravel rally with the Citroen C4 WRC. But luckily the 'iceman' has never been scared of a challenge.

"I suppose it's good that I like challenges, because this is going to be another big one for me," said Kimi. "I actually thought that Jordan was the most difficult rally we have seen so far, but I don't really have any idea what this one is going to be like. In Jordan we were able to find a safe pace, which might not have been the most exciting thing in the world, but at least it meant that we finished the rally and were able to score points. In Turkey, we're just going to have to see what sort of feeling we have with the stages and decide what is possible then. The priority is to finish, particularly because it's a completely new event and you have to get to know the stages. But of course I'm a competitive person so I always want to do the best that I can."

Occupying the right-hand seat as always will be co-driver Kaj Lindstrom, responsible for reading out the notes to guide Kimi round the complex Turkish stages.

"I don't really know what we can expect, but the information I have suggests that the stages are quite fast and wide, and I think this should suit Kimi well," said Kaj, before heading off to Istanbul. "The only concern that we have is the risk of rain: it's the same for everyone, but if it does rain then the surfaces are sure to become extremely slippery, which will not be so nice. We need to do a good job in the recce, then we can make a plan for the rest of the event."

http://www.rallybuzz.com/redbull-rally-turkey-2010-pre/

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 14:27  
F1 Driver

:lol: Love that guy writing for Red Bull. Obrigada, Anelise!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 14:41  
F1 Driver

thanks anelise...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 15:11  
GP2 Driver

Oh my gosh! I just read the pages here that I missed and it's getting me all nervous again! :fear:

I hope I'll be able to join you guys for part of the rally coz I have work. Bummer! :<>:

@Lucian - joining us for the rally is really fun! :hug:

@Nikki - thanks for the video! :wave:
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 15:16  
F1 Routinier

ReAlien wrote:

Tomi Tuominen, MTV3's rally expert, was asked before the season began about team orders and Kimi Räikkönen :lol:

Loeb got his WDC this year partly because of team strategies. Next year Kimi Räikkönen might get to enjoy the bitter taste of team strategies or will he?

Tomi Tuominen, rally expert:

- He will shut off the phone in his helmet if he hears stories like that (laughing) but I don't think that these concern K. Räikkönen. If he wants to try it out for a year and if he is even well paid for it - and they pay Citroen for it - I don't think that they do it and then again, what is the possibility of Räikkönen being ahead of Loeb in some rally? Except of course if Loeb has a tyre puncture or has drove out or something like that but I don't think that it will happen by driving at any stage and I don't think that they will give him many team orders. I think that Kimi is more as 'K. Räikkönen Racing Team' there and not as Citroen.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 15:18  
F1 Routinier

kracer wrote:
Oh my gosh! I just read the pages here that I missed and it's getting me all nervous again! :fear:

I hope I'll be able to join you guys for part of the rally coz I have work. Bummer! :<>:

@Lucian - joining us for the rally is really fun! :hug:

@Nikki - thanks for the video! :wave:

Pauline, if you want to know what the commentators say in the video, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzoMd8OnDR0

This is the commentary on Kimi's first WRC-stage Killeri last summer:

Many have been waiting for this!

Kimi Räikkönen's first WRC-rally.

They asked him in the press conference: What are you going to do after F1?

Kimi answered: I am going to drive something!

Is it rally? We don't know yet.

JK (Juha Kankkunen): Yes, that's still a question mark but it could well be rally.

He said that he is too young to retire at the age of 30. This is a great opportunity for Räikkönen. The car he drives will partly be the base for the car WRC will use in the future. He has a 2 liter engine and beside him he has the Norwegian Bieldtvedt with a 1.6 liter turbo and Räikkönen plays it safe in the start, he almost falls asleep. The first braking, that goes well, Räikkönen is on the move. Making pace notes is probably the most difficult thing here in Jyväskylä for Räikkönen. He isn't used to having someone sitting beside him and giving him orders on how he should drive. Räikkönen has enough skills, there's no doubt about that and how far does Räikkönen's speed take him? Räikkönen's first special stage is now on. Juha, how does it look to you?

JK: It looks good. Kimi knows how to drive, very beautifully, but the start again.... he is usually good at starts in F1 but now he failed, something happened, the start wasn't very good.

There was no KERS!

JK: Yes, there was no KERS, that's probably the reason.

Bieldtvedt takes the leading position here, Räikkönen is 2.5 seconds behind him. It's good to compare the cars here too, the Norwegian's car is a N-group car and Räikkönen's car is a S2000-car. There comes Räikkönen, guaranteed work from Räikkönen, from Kaj Lindström, experienced co-driver, who certainly knows what the name of the game is. He is the right co-driver for Räikkönen. Räikkönen's first special stage is soon wrapped up and is it so that Räikkönen is winning the Norwegian? Yes!!! Räikkönen wins! Does he make the top time? New top time, Kimi Räikkönen 1.26. Juha?

JK: It's going well, it's going well. It would have gone better if he would have nailed the start but he drove really beautifully and nicely. You can see that a driving man does a precise job, a professional work and it was okay to watch it.

And the people at Killeri are completely crazy, people roar and scream. They have wanted to see this and now it's true. Kimi Räikkönen in WRC-rally, shows his thumb-up there, everything is going well. Räikkönen has been keeping a bit quiet when it comes to interviews but what is the situation when he drives to the finish line.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 17:12  
F1 Routinier

Thanks Anelise for th pre view.

And Thanks Nicole for sharing the commentary part. :)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 17:42  
F1 Rookie

Thanks for the Killeri video Wolfie! I have a faint memory of Juha Kankkunen being very skeptical about Kimi's rallying beforehand but after that SS he was praising Kimi. But I definitely remember Tommi Mäkinen's interview with YLE sport news before Kimi's first Arctic Lapland rally I think. (Correct me if I'm wrong about the rally, or about everything else for that matter, I just don't remember ¤%&# these days :lol:). Tommi seemed annoyed that Kimi was coming to the venue in the last minute with very little time to practice or fix the set-up. I think he said that with that little preparation the rally can only go badly. I have no idea if Tommi and Kimi knew each other personally at that point but from that interview I got the feeling that they didn't and that Tommi thought Kimi was this stuck-up F1 star who thinks he can just show up and drive a rally car as if there was nothing to it. Well, that's why it felt so nice afterwards when he was saying really nice things about how Kimi surprised him and has huge potential for rally as well. And now of course Tommi is in the background supporting Kimi's rally career :).

And then back on topic! I wonder if the drivers really sent their letter to FIA about the starting order thing and if it has had any effect. I'm going to be so disappointed if nothing changes before Turkey :<>:. I do understand that the rule is supposed to make the field more even and stop Loeb from leading from start to finish. But it just isn't working and it's making fools out of the drivers as well as the spectators. I want it changed even if it means that Loeb will win every single SS. At least if everybody is allowed to race for the whole rally and not held back because of tactics then we can make honest comparisons between Loeb and the speed of the rest of the drivers. Rant over :).
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010, 17:52  
F1 Driver

I must agree dindi that Dracaena writes very well. I am sure that Todt has more b*** to listen (and probably realise) ideas from drivers than Mosley ever.

-edit-
no jopas, pallit on näköjään sensuroitu :blink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 155  Next