Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 13 Apr 2010, 15:57

welcome
At any time held the Rally of Turkey ( time GMT )
thx
good luck of seb loeb

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 13 Apr 2010, 18:04

Ohhh can´t wait for the weekend either!!! Flag:## F1 and Kimili :shhh:

After that we get a long long long break. :roll::
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 13 Apr 2010, 19:01

Sébastien Loeb wrote:welcome
thx
good luck of seb loeb
Oh wow, so we have Sébastien Loeb himself here!!!!! :wave:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 13 Apr 2010, 20:50

I'm so looking forward to this - it seems like my excitement has built even more after Kimi got his first points :shhh:

But with rally, F1 and the tennis to keep up with, I'm going to be exhausted :lol: :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 21:19

thx
good luck of seb loeb
Welcome Séb :hug:

Hopefully you will follow the rally with us since it's great to have fans of other drivers sharing their opinions and knowledge with us :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 13 Apr 2010, 21:21

Wolfie wrote:
thx
good luck of seb loeb
Welcome Séb :hug:

Hopefully you will follow the rally with us since it's great to have fans of other drivers sharing their opinions and knowledge with us :cool:
so true. Welcome seb.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 14 Apr 2010, 02:08

ish678 wrote:I'm so looking forward to this - it seems like my excitement has built even more after Kimi got his first points :shhh:

But with rally, F1 and the tennis to keep up with, I'm going to be exhausted :lol: :p
We'll be exhausted together, ish! I'm following F1, Rally and Tennis, too! :confused: :lol:

Plus, of all times, the bosses give me overtime this week, too! :confused: lol

Welcome, Seb! :wave:

Hope you'll join us during our crazy rally weekend! :p

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 Apr 2010, 06:14

Tweet update from PeterHorsey

"Finished day 1 of Rally Turkey recce, the stages are nice, quite fast and smooth. A few rough patches but nothing to worry about too much."
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Apr 2010, 07:47

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... on+wrc.com
Rally of Turkey on wrc.com
Mexico, Jordan and now Turkey; the World Rally Championship's gravel odyssey continues this week with a brand new Istanbul-based event and more LIVE and FREE coverage here on wrc.com.

The rally gets underway on Thursday 15 April with a ceremonial start in Sultanahmet Square close to the spectacular Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia. From then on the action moves back across the Bosphorus River to the Pendik district of Istanbul, and a series of high-speed gravel stages in Turkey’s Asian countryside plus an asphalt Superspecial stage in Kadikoy.

As usual we'll be updating wrc.com LIVE throughout the event from our base in the heart of the Service Park. Via live stage and split times, news stories, video clips and our live rally radio, we’ll stream as much of Rally of Turkey to your computer as we possibly can - and all completely FREE of charge.

Here’s what we have for you this week:

EXCLUSIVE video clips from Turkey
Head to the WRC TV section for a taste of what's coming up this week. Over the three days of the rally we’ll be filling the Turkey section with dozens of clips. Whether you want on-board footage, daily news summaries, driver interviews or the best stage action, you’ll find it here.

Our video archive facility means you can find more clips from previous rallies. This link will take you our selection of 43 videos from the 2008 edition of Rally of Turkey, including a potted review of the whole competition.

Rally information and itinerary
For general information on the Rally of Turkey the Rallies section is where you should head. The Turkey page includes links to the official website and the rally itinerary. Once the rally is 'live' (on Thursday afternoon) you'll be able to access stage times, entry lists and other live data from here.

You’ll find extra information and links in our rally countdown, Junior World Rally Championship and entry list stories.

Stage times and maps
Follow the progress of EVERY competitor in Turkey using our live stage and split times service - accessed via the button on the left-hand side of the home page. The entry list, start list, itinerary and maps will be uploaded when the event’s timing system goes ‘live’ on Thursday. From then on, these pages are fed with data beamed direct from the stage ends and split points. With this service you’ll know stage times within seconds of the drivers themselves.

World Rally Radio
Our World Rally Radio team will be broadcasting from Turkey for the duration of the rally, bringing live reports and interviews from the stage ends and Service Park.

On air times - all local to Turkey (GMT +3) - are as follows:

Friday 16 April: 0845hrs
Saturday 17 April: 0930hrs
Sunday 18 April: 0845hrs

Find out more about the forthcoming shows in presenter Becs Williams' preview.

To contact the World Rally Radio Team send an e-mail to radio@wrc.com

And don’t forget, if you miss any of the coverage you can listen again via the World Rally Radio podcasts.

News bulletins
During the rally we’ll post stories from the stages and Service Park direct to the home page and News section. The search box on the home page can help you find stories by key words. You can sort stories rally-by-rally in the latest news section, or by date order in the news archive.

WRC Facebook community
Once again, membership of the World Rally Championship's official Facebook community is on the increase, with more than 120,000 people now signed up.

The WRC Facebook group is the place to head if you want to chat to other fans, debate the big issues of the day, share photos and watch more exclusive videos. Find the group and get involved by following this link.

Twitter
If you’re a Twitterer, then sign up to http://twitter.com/OfficialWRC to receive regular tweets of WRC news straight to your account.

YouTube
Full-length highlights from every rally from the 2001 to 2008 seasons are available to view free of charge on our new YouTube Show. The World Rally Championship Show, contains all of the three, 25-minute end-of-day highlight programmes made for each rally during the period. That's 75-minutes of coverage per event.

If that's not enough, follow this link to browse the Official WRC Channel for hundreds more clips - many of which are exclusive to YouTube.

WRC on TV
Television coverage of the World Rally Championship is shown around the globe with over 5,000 hours of programming aired per year. Follow this link for a list of the broadcasters showing the WRC this year.

Enjoy!

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 14 Apr 2010, 09:55

kracer wrote:
ish678 wrote:I'm so looking forward to this - it seems like my excitement has built even more after Kimi got his first points :shhh:

We'll be exhausted together, ish! I'm following F1, Rally and Tennis, too! :confused: :lol:

Plus, of all times, the bosses give me overtime this week, too! :confused: lol
Aagh work as well?! That's just too much! I forgot I have the football to follow over the weekend as well, it serves me right for following too many sports, I don't know what I'd do if I had to work at the weekend as well :fear:

Thanks for all the info, Kriss :thumbsup:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 Apr 2010, 13:03

Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino day one recce report Rally Turkey

Monster World Rally Team driver Ken Block and co-driver Alex Gelsomino yesterday completed their first day of the Rally of Turkey recce. Ken and Alex are recceing the stages in an M-Sport prepared Volvo S60.

"One of the big challenges we have this year is getting up to speed on writing our own notes, since in the United States we have just started using a two-pass recce system," explains Ken Block. "But the one thing that evens it out a little bit here in Turkey is that these roads are entirely new for the WRC, so everyone is writing their notes here for the first time."

"The roads we recced today are my favorite type—fast and smooth," says Block. "But I am pretty sure if we get any rain this weekend the stages will quickly become a mess. Even some of the transits may become a bit hairy when muddy."

The current forecasts calls for rain on Saturday evening as well as Sunday, but more of a concern to Block is the last stage Alex and he recced today. "It has to be the gnarliest stage I have ever seen.," says Block. "There were jumps there that even scare me a little."

For more updates on Ken Block and Alex Gelsomino from the Rally of Turkey, follow along on Twitter and Facebook
http://www.rallybuzz.com/kenblock-recce-day-1-turk/

bourbon
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by bourbon » 14 Apr 2010, 13:17

I'm just arrived, Thanks for the invite! GO KIMI!! Flag:##
Every mile I have with the Citroen C4 WRC is giving a certain pleasure - Kimi Raikkonen
My ideal is to win the race at the slowest speed possible - Alain Prost
You should just stick with those people who are really there for you - Sebastian Vettel

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 14 Apr 2010, 13:28

Good that Block is back to the race, he's a good competitor for Kimi. ;)
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 14 Apr 2010, 13:42

Hello bourbon! :wave: Welcome! :)