Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by kracer » 11 Apr 2010, 03:53

Hi Brenda! :wave:

Yes, apple, please make a thread for your stories. They're such a great read and it will be easier to find. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, but I'm confused. Isn't Rally Turkey a gravel rally? Does this mean that parts of it are on tarmac? :huh:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Apr 2010, 06:11

kracer wrote: Sorry guys, but I'm confused. Isn't Rally Turkey a gravel rally? Does this mean that parts of it are on tarmac? :huh:
Yes, you are understood right. It will be very interesting.
I miss a babysitter

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 11 Apr 2010, 07:13

Yep, especially because they have to choose right tyres for the tarmac and gravel :blink: Tough job to Kimi to learn which tyre suits in different conditions. :huh:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Apr 2010, 08:38

No more Drama and No more unfair Tactics and No more Sacrifices

There will be no pointing ahead in the World Rally Championship. Thursday an amendment to the regulation of WRC championship was introduced to prohibit this practice from the Rally of Turkey, which takes place next weekend. This was stated by Olivier Quesnel, the boss of Citroën Racing. Last week in Jordan, the score in advance had created confusion . Following this event, the bosses of Ford and Citroen had agreed not to resort to this practice, which allowed a pilot, subject to time penalties, to change the order of passage through the stages. Finally, with this measure decided by the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile, they will not even require their tacit agreement.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/20100411 ... erdit.html
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 11 Apr 2010, 08:47

I was wondering if we can get a live stream of the rally besides live timing. It's boring to just look at numbers.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 09:04

lucian wrote:I was wondering if we can get a live stream of the rally besides live timing. It's boring to just look at numbers.
It's a bit tricky with the live stream since they can't follow all cars. But if you follow the rally with us you probably won't miss the live stream. We have the live timing and the rally radio on and following the split times can be really exciting. It's like the last minutes of quali or the start in F1 - only the excitement goes on for stage afte stage and it's both fun and nerv-wrecking and... it's not only about Kimi. We do talk about the other drivers too :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 11 Apr 2010, 09:07

Wolfie wrote:
it's not only about Kimi. We do talk about the other drivers too :lol:
Do we ? :lol: :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 09:10

Kriss wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
it's not only about Kimi. We do talk about the other drivers too :lol:
Do we ? :lol: :hug:
Of course we do, Kriss :zz:

Lucian, don't believe her, we do follow other drivers - at least you will see their names in the live timing :lol:

Hope you have a good sense of humour, Lucian :lol:

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 11 Apr 2010, 09:33

Wolfie wrote:
What were you saying ? :cool: *tries to put on a serious face*

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by Anelise » 11 Apr 2010, 14:28

Rally of Turkey - Preview

FIA PRESS CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
Thursday 15 April
Aaron Burkart, FIA Junior World Rally Championship
Thierry Neuville, FIA Junior World Rally Championship
Mikko Hirvonen, BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team
Kimi Räikkönen, Citroën Junior Team
Dani Sordo, Citroën Total World Rally Team
Matthew Wilson, Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... w_tur.aspx

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 11 Apr 2010, 15:42

thanks anelise...

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 11 Apr 2010, 15:47

Yes, we do talk about other drivers, too! Maybe 5% of the time :D A couple of people are also rooting for Petter here...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 16:26

lucian wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
What were you saying ? :cool: *tries to put on a serious face*
I like you, Lucian :wave:

Before you know it you are swept into the Kimi-lovefest :hug:

Please tell me when I cross the line :blush:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2010, 09:27

http://rallye.automoto365.com/news/?lan ... _type_id=1

google translation
New horizons for the Citroen Junior Team

Ten days after the arrival of the Jordan Rally, the Citroen Junior Team will move to Turkey for the fourth round of the FIA World Rally. Sebastian Ogier / Julien Ingrassia and Kimi Raikkonen / Kaj Lindström pilot the two Citroën C4 WRC on this new test based near Istanbul.

Just days after the Jordan Rally, the Citroen Junior Team will start at one of three new events this 2010 season. Before Bulgaria and Alsace, the team discovered the Rally of Turkey, located in Pendik, a district of Istanbul. The event will take place on two continents with a departure ceremony held in front of the Hagia Sophia, and special tests traced the Asian side of Bosphorus.

During the second day, Göçbeyli (SS10 and 14) will be held on 18,17 km whose 13,49 km asphalt. In Bozhane (SS12 to 16), all the last part is on asphalt and two time trials and Riva Ballica, will also portions of asphalt.

Playing at the forefront since the beginning of the season, Sebastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia have shown their adaptability on any terrain. In Turkey, a new event for everyone, the crew of the 2008 Junior World Champion will have a trump card: "As in Jordan, it is important not to make mistakes. All crews will discover a new rally. We will therefore, for the first time this season, tied with the WRC regulars. Recognitions will be very important. We will try to beat us in the forefront as was the case in Sweden, Mexico and Jordan. The whole team did a great job since the beginning of the season, our strong performance to prove it. » "

Kimi Raikkonen and Kaj Lindstrom scored their first points in the WRC on the Rally of Jordan, finishing in eighth place: "It was important to complete this difficult ordeal. This was only my eighth rally but I had never seen a course as difficult. "In Turkey, the Finnish crew will face a path, and especially a type of surface, yet again:" I have no idea of the route that will profile before us in Turkey. It will take much work from the reconnaissance for a good start the test. I hope we can still grow in Turkey. The objective is again to be at the finish and try gradually to reduce the gap on the other drivers in the WRC. » "
Source : Citroën Racing Source: Citroën Racing

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Apr 2010, 09:42

Kriss wrote:http://rallye.automoto365.com/news/?lan ... _type_id=1

google translation
New horizons for the Citroen Junior Team

During the second day, Göçbeyli (SS10 and 14) will be held on 18,17 km whose 13,49 km asphalt. In Bozhane (SS12 to 16), all the last part is on asphalt and two time trials and Riva Ballica, will also portions of asphalt.
Thanks Kriss, this is going to be hard to watch since Kimi's first stage in a WRC-rally was in Finland last year and it was on tarmac.

The commentators were like, a bad start etc etc but they went wild with the audience when Kimi topped the sheets in the end so it makes you wait and :drool:

Oh boy, time to play down all expectations :fear:

Neste Oil Rally, Finland, Killeri SS, Kimi's first stage :pray: