Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by apple » 29 Apr 2010, 08:36

Dracaena wrote:I had to watch the SS13 in-car footage again (I originally only watched the end). I just couldn't resist "kyrpä" :n. I feel a compelling need to share my insight on the "Oh p**** d***, s****!" matter. I think it's best to translate "vittu" as f***, "kyrpä" can be replaced with whatever is a very unpleasant name to call someone and "saatana", well, let's just pick some random swear word. So for example "You f***ing a**hole, s***!" is a good option. You're welcome children, another lesson Finnish learned :).

But I don't like Kimi dissing Jari-Matti like that :<>:.

By the way, did I hear correctly that Kaj accidentally called Jari-Matti "Jari-Mari" the first time he was mentioned? That would basically be "Jari-Mary". That and many other similar names are used of Jari-Matti on a spesific Finnish motorsport forum but I wonder if they're also used by the rally people themselves ''hmm''. I know it's like the lowest form of humor but every time someone refers to Latvala as "Jari-Marjaana" I pretty much poo my pants laughing :lol:.
I think I know why Kimi was pissed..When you think of it, you should know there is a driver coming behind , I believe they start every two minutes, so there is a minute between them. Jari knew Kimi is coming behind, and if there is only minute between them he knew Kimi is going to be there. Jari can calculate when Kimi is coming ,its not rocket science and thats probably the reason Kimi was so angry althougt in rally its normal that you go by side the road once you get information from your own team escpecially when you dont see behind you. Kimi probably thought Jari was keeping him up.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 29 Apr 2010, 11:31

Thank you so much Dracaena!!! :thumbsup:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 29 Apr 2010, 12:53

apple wrote:I think I know why Kimi was pissed..When you think of it, you should know there is a driver coming behind , I believe they start every two minutes, so there is a minute between them. Jari knew Kimi is coming behind, and if there is only minute between them he knew Kimi is going to be there. Jari can calculate when Kimi is coming ,its not rocket science and thats probably the reason Kimi was so angry althougt in rally its normal that you go by side the road once you get information from your own team escpecially when you dont see behind you. Kimi probably thought Jari was keeping him up.
What exactly did Kimi say, Eeva?

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 29 Apr 2010, 13:11

dindi wrote:
apple wrote:I think I know why Kimi was pissed..When you think of it, you should know there is a driver coming behind , I believe they start every two minutes, so there is a minute between them. Jari knew Kimi is coming behind, and if there is only minute between them he knew Kimi is going to be there. Jari can calculate when Kimi is coming ,its not rocket science and thats probably the reason Kimi was so angry althougt in rally its normal that you go by side the road once you get information from your own team escpecially when you dont see behind you. Kimi probably thought Jari was keeping him up.
What exactly did Kimi say, Eeva?
I havent watched the video now but I remember while Kaj was saying Jari Matti drove at the side nicely, Kimi said:"Ok, but still.." Which means he wasnt happy despite Kajs explanation . Only reason I can think of is that Kimi thought Jari Matti knew he is coming and was holding him up . Kimi is probably used to calculate certain things in F1 like pit stop times and how to save tyres and when to use tyres. There are same elements in rally too but perhaps Kimi thought Jari calculates the time Kimi reaches him and let him by or even goes beside the road at once he broke his car. They do that in F1 ofcourse but not in rally.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Apr 2010, 17:41

Thanks for the translations peeps!! :shhh: :hug: Really interesting! :)

I can understand Kimi! You don´t know how often I do swear about some stupid drivers in front of me! :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Apr 2010, 21:18

Dracaena wrote:I had to watch the SS13 in-car footage again (I originally only watched the end). I just couldn't resist "kyrpä" :n. I feel a compelling need to share my insight on the "Oh p**** d***, s****!" matter. I think it's best to translate "vittu" as f***, "kyrpä" can be replaced with whatever is a very unpleasant name to call someone and "saatana", well, let's just pick some random swear word. So for example "You f***ing a**hole, s***!" is a good option. You're welcome children, another lesson Finnish learned :).

But I don't like Kimi dissing Jari-Matti like that :<>:.

By the way, did I hear correctly that Kaj accidentally called Jari-Matti "Jari-Mari" the first time he was mentioned? That would basically be "Jari-Mary". That and many other similar names are used of Jari-Matti on a spesific Finnish motorsport forum but I wonder if they're also used by the rally people themselves ''hmm''. I know it's like the lowest form of humor but every time someone refers to Latvala as "Jari-Marjaana" I pretty much poo my pants laughing :lol:.
Jari-Mari :lol:

But in a way I can understand Kimi although one can only imagine what Andrea Stella had to listen to :blush:

Hmm... my twinsister was 10 when we were sitting at the dinner table and she asked 'Isä, mitä tarkoittaa kyrpä?'

My parents nearly choked :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Apr 2010, 07:45

Wolfie wrote:
Jari-Mari :lol:

But in a way I can understand Kimi although one can only imagine what Andrea Stella had to listen to :blush:

Hmm... my twinsister was 10 when we were sitting at the dinner table and she asked 'Isä, mitä tarkoittaa kyrpä?'

My parents nearly choked :lol:

And what does that mean Wolfie? :huh: :wave:

I have been damn busy with my final degree exams :cool: . got one day break and `ll have to go back to studying again..

Hello to all! :wave:

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 30 Apr 2010, 10:10

Amol, here's the translation from Google:
Off-Topic: show
Dad, what does a d**k?
:lol:

Eeva: Kiitos for the explanation. You mean Kimi thought that Jari-Mari could've moved to the side sooner? Yeah, I suppose Kimi's used to F1 where the whole team knows where every car's position on every track is exactly...

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Apr 2010, 14:07

dindi wrote:Amol, here's the translation from Google:
Dad, what does a d**k?

Eeva: Kiitos for the explanation. You mean Kimi thought that Jari-Mari could've moved to the side sooner? Yeah, I suppose Kimi's used to F1 where the whole team knows where every car's position on every track is exactly...
I would have been fully choked if that was from my future son/daughter..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 30 Apr 2010, 19:10

amoljoshi wrote:
dindi wrote:Amol, here's the translation from Google:
Dad, what does a d**k?

I would have been fully choked if that was from my future son/daughter..

We were so innocent with my sister :zz:

The big guys let us play icehockey with them and we were sort of mascots, the only girls who were allowed to play with them and the first ones the captains chose and they did their best to make room for us so we could get a goal in every game - the goal keeper acted as if he didn't see us :zz:

But we heard some disturbing words and I still remember the atmosphere at the dinner table - we have never even seen our parents drunk so it was like my sister would have dropped a bomb - I certainly didn't want to know what it meant, especially explained by my father :blush:

I gave a piece of my mind to my sister later :<>:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL