Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
LadyR

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by LadyR » 18 Apr 2010, 12:43

Give me a K, give me an I, give a M, give me an I...

Well done and many congrats to your fifth place! :)
go, KIMI, go... :C:

!yahoo:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Apr 2010, 12:45

This was nice weekend again. Special thanks to Wolfie (and admins also!) that we could be together here, nice place. She is our herd.
Thanks very much for you all. Following the rally is much more boring without you!
:hug:
I miss a babysitter

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 18 Apr 2010, 12:50

i still cant believe that he finished 5th..... thank you everyone for such a lovely companion .. love talking to you all....

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 18 Apr 2010, 12:50

Was a great wekend with all of you guys! Drinks for you!

Well done, Kimi! Seeing Kimi finishing on P5 was defo the highlight of this weekend!!!

Image Image

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 18 Apr 2010, 12:52

Congratulations to All!!!! 5th place is more like a miracle but I it became real! :thumbsup: :shhh: !yahoo: :C: :80: Flag:##
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Kaki
car driver
car driver

Post by Kaki » 18 Apr 2010, 13:23

AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

kimi's simply the genius :lol:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 18 Apr 2010, 13:27

Moominpappa wrote:This was nice weekend again. Special thanks to Wolfie (and admins also!) that we could be together here, nice place. She is our herd.
Thanks very much for you all. Following the rally is much more boring without you!
:hug:
Thank you so much for letting me know of this forum.I had managed to find you and was following as a guest because I had made a vow that I wouldn't say a
word untill the rally was over successfully for KIMI Flag:##
It was really nervewrecking....I remember that in one of his columns he wrote: THERE WILL COME A RALLY WHERE ALL WILL BE FINE.....
And since he is who he is it came so soon.....I bet he must be thrilled...

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 18 Apr 2010, 14:43

Vodka Red Bull for everyone! Cheers!!! *clink*

Thanks for the audio capture of Chris reading my e-mail, Galya :p

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 18 Apr 2010, 15:04

Loiste wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?4jqhdzedqmx - Kimi's fans from F1zone on the Radio!
Another fans proud of Kimi - WRC Radio - http://www.mediafire.com/?imhb2nftynb
Thanks Loiste!!! :cool: :cool:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 18 Apr 2010, 16:13

WOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I've been off the computer and was amazed to hear that Kimi finished the rally in one peace and was 5TH!!!!! Who does that??? Is Kimi human or a perfectly built racing-super-robot??? :blink:

My gosh, words can't describe how I feel right now. I'm happy, proud, relieved and tired at the same time. Just asking, isn't it just plain AWESOME to be a Kimi fan????????? :cool:

THANK YOU everyone for you comments and information. This experience wouldn't be the same without all of you :hug:

Like you see, I'm soooooooooo happy!!!!!

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 18 Apr 2010, 17:04

Rally Turkey: Citroen Junior final leg summary
Racing series WRC
Date 2010-04-18

Full house of points for the Citroen Junior Team!

Sebastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia, the leaders for 12 of the Rally of Turkey's 23 special stages, have finished in fourth overall at the end of the event. Kimi Raikkonen and Kaj Lindstrom are fifth, their best-ever result with the C4 WRC. The Citroen Junior Team becomes the outfit to score the most points at the end of round four of the FIA World Rally Championship.

The third day of the Rally of Turkey was shortened by two special stages this morning. Deniz 1 and Mudarli 1 were made impassable by heavy overnight rain and were cancelled by the event organisers. The competition resumed in Ballica (SS20). Sebastien Ogier, who was deprived of the opportunity to fight for a win by a tyre that exploded when he was leading yesterday, was third-fastest, less than a second behind Sebastien Loeb: "Unfortunately there's not so much left for us to fight for," he said. "Things are a bit different for us today. We're going to continue at a good pace because it's always useful to rack up the kilometres in order to gain more experience. But it's clear that the motivation is not the same."

After setting a final fastest time at the end of the rally, Sebastien finished fourth: "Generally I'm quite pleased. It's almost perfect! We've been able to fight at the front for a large part of the event. We're definitely on the right road. The car was perfect and the team has done a great job. Now I'm really looking forward to getting to New Zealand."

Kimi Raikkonen also continued making progress to finish fifth, his best result in world rallying. "I feel more and more confident with the Citroen C4 WRC," he said. "I'm very happy with the pace that we are able to maintain without taking any risks. We are able to get closer now to the drivers who are in front of us, which is our key objective. The hard work we have done with the team is now paying off. I'm feeling more and more confident. We've got a few weeks now before our next rally but our goal remains unchanged: we will have to continue to improve."

Thanks to the reliability of its two Citroen C4 WRCs and its crews, the Citroen Junior Team became the team that scored the most World Championship manufacturer points in Turkey, with a total of 27. The Citroen Junior Team reinforced its third position in the standings, behind two factory teams, after four rounds of the World Rally Championship.

"We've been through a rally with plenty of twists and turns," concluded Benoit Nogier, the Citroen Junior Team manager. "Some of those things went our way, but we also had a stroke of bad luck with Sebastien's puncture yesterday. This takes nothing away from his excellent performance. The cars had no problems at all. Our Citroen C4 WRCs are reliable and our drivers have proved that they are extremely competitive. Kimi has driven his best rally since the start of the season. It wasn't only a rally of attrition; he got past some of his rivals on pure pace and that is the proof that he is making progress. It's very encouraging for the entire team. We now head to New Zealand with Sebastien Ogier, highly- motivated to score another good result!"

-source: citroen
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 664&FS=WRC

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 17:22

This is the first time I was so happy for Kimi that I cried - out of pure joy :blush:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 18 Apr 2010, 17:24

Travel chaos hits WRC's teams and drivers

18th April 2010
By Charlie Contadeli
The World Rally Championship’s top drivers and teams are still hopeful of returning home from Rally of Turkey by the middle of next week despite the travel chaos across Europe caused by the volcanic ash cloud from Iceland intensifying.

Leading teams spent the closing stages of the event trying to finalise travel arrangements for their drivers and personnel as part of what is proving to be a huge logistical operation, which is being complicated by limited air travel options and restrictions taking vehicles out of Turkey by road.

Citroen Racing director Olivier Quesnel said his mechanics and engineers will return to France in two separate coaches leaving on Sunday night and Monday morning. Ford is also arranging busses to get its team, which has more than 100 members, back to the UK. They are due to set off from Istanbul on Monday evening.

Sebastien Loeb is hoping the private jet he has chartered will still be able to fly to Italy, where he is planning to complete his journey to his home in Switzerland by road.

Mikko Hirvonen said he was investigating hiring a minibus to drive him, co-driver Jarmo Lehtinen and his support team back to Finland.

Ken Block’s return trip to the USA, where he is taking part in the launch of his Gymkhana driving event on Tuesday, will take him from Istanbul to Dubai, then onto Seoul and San Francisco.

Aaron Burkart, who won the Junior World Rally Championship section of Rally of Turkey, was contemplating driving his recce car to his native Germany.

Pirelli, the world championship’s exclusive tyre supplier, is planning to get its 20 staff and equipment back to Milan via a flight to Athens and then a ferry from Greece to Italy.
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/trav ... d_drivers/

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 18 Apr 2010, 17:28

Wolfie wrote:This is the first time I was so happy for Kimi that I cried - out of pure joy :blush:
Wow :hug:

To be honest I did cry because of Kimi for a couple of times. But these were only when I was too sad. I cried very hard after Spa 2008 and I was crying the whole night when the sabbatical was announced. :blush:

I didn't cry after he won the WDC because simply I was so surprised that it actually happened that I forgot to cry. :lol:

Oh, yeah, I did cry when I met him in Monza, that night I just couldn't sleep because I was too excited and I cried a bit. :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Apr 2010, 17:54

Wolfie wrote:This is the first time I was so happy for Kimi that I cried - out of pure joy :blush:
You are so sweet!
I miss a babysitter