2010 Indycar Series

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

2010 Indycar Series

Post by blizzard » 06 Jun 2010, 15:34

Well, it´s getting nasty this season...

last night Simona De Silvestro had a horrifying fire accident at Fort Worth. After Mike Conways terrible crash at Indy and Rafa MAtos´injury at Kansas, this is the third horrible accident in Indycar this season.

What do you think?

In my oppinion the cars theselves are ok in terms of safety. Obviously no F1 standard, but they´re not unsafe. But the safety teams are amateurs in this series.

It took them about 40 seconds to get Simona out of the burning car... :confused:

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Indycar Series

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 07 Jun 2010, 14:09

blizzard wrote:Well, it´s getting nasty this season...

last night Simona De Silvestro had a horrifying fire accident at Fort Worth. After Mike Conways terrible crash at Indy and Rafa MAtos´injury at Kansas, this is the third horrible accident in Indycar this season.

What do you think?

In my oppinion the cars theselves are ok in terms of safety. Obviously no F1 standard, but they´re not unsafe. But the safety teams are amateurs in this series.

It took them about 40 seconds to get Simona out of the burning car... :confused:
To me it always seemed 'normal' these accident happened more often in American autosport. Like NASCAR, etc ... They all drive more agressive. But indeed, this year really is the year of the big ones. I think the rules in this racing series are just too soft, especially in NASCAR. But tbh, this is also the reason why much people watch it. So banning tailgating and stuff will all make the sport ... let's say dull. So they have a choice to make : ban all this stuff, or make the cars safer. (not saying they aren't safe now. I think they just aren't safe enough for what everyone's doing) And I am afraid due to financial reasons, they'll eventually change the rules.

EDIT : Missed indycar yesterday so I had to search the crash on youtube. Here it is:

phil1993

Re: 2010 Indycar Series

Post by phil1993 » 07 Jun 2010, 14:16

You missed IndyCar yesterday because the race was on Saturday

***IndyCar Series 2010 here***