MotoGp 2008

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
phil1993

Re: MotoGp 2008

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2008, 05:46

Rossi wins the MotoGP Championship with a win at Motegi

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 28 Sep 2008, 06:14

well done to rossi. it's not easy to win 6 motoGP titles, but he makes it look easy!

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 28 Sep 2008, 06:45

Yeah, well done, bit boring that race as he was always in control. I enjoyed the lack of respect of Lorenzo in those 1st corners (lol) overtaking Rossi, i hope this spanish guy recovers all his self believe soon, it will be a spectacular battle for the title in the future. Yamaha title in Motegi, Scusate Honda

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 28 Sep 2008, 10:23

well done Rossi
Desire has no limits

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 28 Sep 2008, 17:53

Casey Stoner :
"`At the beginning of the race everything felt good although I made a couple of mistakes on a cold tyre. We were running quite a hard compound today so we needed a few laps to get it warmed up. Once we did that the lap times were good and I felt happy with my pace. Unfortunately in the second half of the race I started to get tired in the changes of direction and I was having to close the gap coming out of the corners to get into the next one - simply because I didn´t have the strength to flick the bike over with the throttle open. The lap times dropped off and when Valentino came past I couldn´t keep up. He´s had an amazing season - he only made one mistake at Assen and the rest of the time he´s been on the podium, winning races. He´s a worthy champion - eight world titles show that - and I want to congratulate him for that. I´m just disappointed that we made two mistakes in the mid-point of the season that allowed him to open up such a big advantage. Anyway, after the recent misfortune we´ve had it was important to come back here with a strong performance and some solid points. Now we can go to Australia with confidence and look to finish the season strongly."

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 28 Sep 2008, 18:35

Yeah, nice comments from Casey, Rossi is a well deserved champ. Can`t wait for Philip Island no doubt the most spectacular track of the season.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 28 Sep 2008, 21:02

well deserved win for Rossi.

That guy never stops to entertain and to astonish everyone with his talent, eventhough lately he has had tough nuts to crack.

Oh, how I love his way of celebrating. :D :D

Fesdick
car driver
car driver

Post by Fesdick » 28 Sep 2008, 22:37

Yeah, Vale was fantastic this year and he was always, where he should be, to earn from mistakes by the others (like Stoner).

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 29 Sep 2008, 01:37

This race was too early for me to watch :tired: :blush:

But congrats to Rossi, he's the well-deserved winner of the championship.

Glad that Pedrosa seems to have the pace on the BS already and that Lorenzo is back in good old shape. :)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 02 Oct 2008, 18:49

2009 Line Up Updates :

Image Toni Elias

Moved to : Honda Gresini

Vifi
car driver
car driver

Post by Vifi » 02 Oct 2008, 19:32

Vale takes eight world title.. yeaaa
:)

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 07 Oct 2008, 18:55

Rumour said that Mika Kallio will move up to MotoGP with Alice Ducati alongside Ducati's test rider Nicolo Canepa.

While Ducati has planned to run their 5th bikes with "Onde 2000 Ducati Team". Sete Gibernau most likely to ride with them.

And Jorge Martinez' Aspar Team will run the 3rd Kawasaki bike next season.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 07 Oct 2008, 21:48

I hearded that one too about Kalio, but Sete ?!? i though he only managed to do one (very successful) test and no return for him, let`s hope he`s not too old and slow for real racing, it`s been a few years now, those bikes are different and these young riders are fast: Lorenzo, Dovizioso, Stoner, maybe it will embarassing, but i hope i`m wrong, i used to like him a lot, really brave rider, if you recall he`s one of the few that fought elbow with elbow with Valentino. Already can`t wait for the next Motogp season lol.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 09 Oct 2008, 08:09

motogpmatters.com wrote:
Sete Gibernau Signs For Ducati

Ever since Sete Gibernau turned up at the Catalunya Grand Prix at Barcelona, and spent a lot of time in both the Kawasaki and Ducati garages, rumors have grown increasingly stronger that the Spanish former GP star would be back in MotoGP next year. After testing the Ducati at Mugello, and the problems which Marco Melandri had been having, it was even suggested that Gibernau could have made a reentry into MotoGP after the Summer break.

So prevalent were the rumors, that eventually, it seemed as if Gibernau had taken over the role of "default rider" from Max Biaggi: Whenever the possible riders for an empty seat in MotoGP were discussed, it became almost compulsory to mention Gibernau's name as well. And each time Gibernau was automatically linked with a ride, the plausibility of his return diminished.

Now, though, it seems we were wrong to doubt him. The Dutch magazine MOTO73.nl is reporting that Sete Gibernau has signed a contract to race next season with Ducati. Details are sketchy at the moment, and it is unclear which team Gibernau will actually be riding for, but with the factory Marlboro Ducati team full up - Nicky Hayden's switch to Ducati is not yet confirmed, but seems almost inevitable - that would seem to imply that he will be riding for the satellite Alice Ducati team.

However, the role of the Alice team is very much that of a junior team, one where young riders are given a chance to mature, and that is not a description which fits Gibernau at all. What's more, the names of 250 contender Mika Kallio and the Ducati test rider Niccolo Canepa keep popping up whenever the Alice team is mentioned, and the chances of those two filling the Alice seats seems very good.

There is another option, which is gaining momentum, and that is that Ducati could field a 5th bike next year. The expected switch to a single tire rule would free up the resources used by the Bridgestone test team, leaving Ducati with a spare bike. Strong rumors emanating from Spain say that this bike will be made available to a new team to be run by the Onde 2000 team, which is currently active in the 125 series and is sponsored by a Spanish construction company, and that Onde 2000 will sign Gibernau. Even better news for Gibernau is that he will be reunited with his trusted chief mechanic Juan Martinez, the man he worked with at Gresini Honda.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 09 Oct 2008, 16:49

gibernau eh? raring to see his butt kicked again by rossi :)