phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Dec 2009, 19:10

blizzard wrote:In all honesty mate without any anger in between: I can´t see what he did so much better than the others this year. Before Nürburgring his car was poor and he didn´t get good results(due to the car). After Nürburgring his car came good and he got good results (due to the car). It´s basically the same with the Brawn guys.

Yeah, of course, Piquet would have got the same results, :rofl:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Dec 2009, 21:25

phil1993 wrote:Okay blizzard, I can see where you're coming from, so explain to me why Kovalainen was so consistently c**p when Hamilton was good?


If I may butt in with an opinion here, because Kovalainen IS consistently c**p. But that is just my opinion, and anyone is allowed to hold a different opinion. I am not going to force my own on anyone, and Blizzard, I think you're toeing the line in terms of respect shown to other members. It's one thing having an opinion, it's another ramming it (metaphorically) down their throats.

[mod]Remember the forum rules; if you haven't taken a peek recently, find them here. Refer especially to points 1.5 and 1.11, and add in a little look at 1.13.[/mod]
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

User avatar
MSC II
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 65
Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 20:48

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by MSC II » 20 Dec 2009, 22:34

Alonso and Rosberg and to a certain extent Kimi are the only drivers I can think of this season who "outperformed" their cars.


yes, you are right.

Hamilton has made a "normal" season for me.
1st part of season with a c**p car : he has made many errors (China 09, Monaco 09, late braking Nurburg 09, ...) and he shows he has no personnality (Australia 09).
2nd part of season with a very good car : he has made some great quali lap but he was not so exceptionnal on race.
Hamilton was in 2009 like Alonso in 2008 : a c**p car in 1st part of season, and a excellent car in the 2nd part of season.
But in 2008, Alonso was better than Hamilton in 2009 in the 2nd part of season, and in 1st part of season, he has made some exceptionnal performances (Australia, Spain, ...) contrary to Hamilton in 2009.

Alonso has made a great 2009 season : he has got a c**p car during the whole year and he has made some great performance (Suzuka, Malaysia, ...) but he was at the back of the grid and few people saw he made some magic drives.

Kimi has made a great 2nd part of the season with a c**p car (remember he can have play the victory in Brazil without an very unfair move of Webber).
The problem is that Massa wasnt driving and we dont know if Massa could have make better than Kimi.

Rosberg has also been very good, but like Alonso, he was often time in the back and many people didnt saw his great performances.

Also, I think Kovalainen is a very bad driver : he has no personnality (I remember Hockenheim 2008 when he let Lewis pass without any team order) and he has made some very c**p races (Australia, Malaysia, Monza, Valencia, ......).

To conclude, this season was strange with nobody in top 3 (rubens, vettel, button) who deserve the WDC.

User avatar
Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 856
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 11:12

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by Coopz » 20 Dec 2009, 23:21

Since when was Personality a factor?
Image

User avatar
MSC II
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 65
Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 20:48

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by MSC II » 21 Dec 2009, 00:36

Since when was Personality a factor?


The personnality is very important.

A driver who has a lot of motivation will push is team to make a good car, A driver who is often angry will put many pressure on this team, ...

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by phil1993 » 21 Dec 2009, 06:42

MSC II wrote:1st part of season with a c**p car : he has made many errors (China 09, Monaco 09, late braking Nurburg 09, ...) and he shows he has no personnality (Australia 09).
2nd part of season with a very good car : he has made some great quali lap but he was not so exceptionnal on race.


Ger 09 - Webber's fault (unintentionally)

Singapore quali and Abu Dhabi quali were stunning and he would have walked the race - the fact he still led despite a brake problem was quite astonishing

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by JoostLamers » 21 Dec 2009, 10:17

phil1993 wrote:
MSC II wrote:1st part of season with a c**p car : he has made many errors (China 09, Monaco 09, late braking Nurburg 09, ...) and he shows he has no personnality (Australia 09).
2nd part of season with a very good car : he has made some great quali lap but he was not so exceptionnal on race.


Ger 09 - Webber's fault (unintentionally)

Singapore quali and Abu Dhabi quali were stunning and he would have walked the race - the fact he still led despite a brake problem was quite astonishing

+ Purple time in the middle sector with brake issue
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by phil1993 » 21 Dec 2009, 11:05

Top 2 will be revealed on Christmas Eve :O

rfs
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 75
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 03:46

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by rfs » 21 Dec 2009, 14:05

MSC II wrote:Hamilton has made a "normal" season for me.
1st part of season with a c**p car : he has made many errors (China 09, Monaco 09, late braking Nurburg 09, ...) and he shows he has no personnality (Australia 09).
2nd part of season with a very good car : he has made some great quali lap but he was not so exceptionnal on race.
Hamilton was in 2009 like Alonso in 2008 : a c**p car in 1st part of season, and a excellent car in the 2nd part of season.
But in 2008, Alonso was better than Hamilton in 2009 in the 2nd part of season, and in 1st part of season, he has made some exceptionnal performances (Australia, Spain, ...) contrary to Hamilton in 2009.
Alonso has made a great 2009 season : he has got a c**p car during the whole year and he has made some great performance (Suzuka, Malaysia, ...) but he was at the back of the grid and few people saw he made some magic drives.
Kimi has made a great 2nd part of the season with a c**p car (remember he can have play the victory in Brazil without an very unfair move of Webber).
The problem is that Massa wasnt driving and we dont know if Massa could have make better than Kimi.
Rosberg has also been very good, but like Alonso, he was often time in the back and many people didnt saw his great performances.

Hamilton still drove a couple very good races in the first half of this season, when he finished 4th in Australia (before spoiling it with fibgate) and Bahrain. And the reason why everyone was so impressed with how he did in the 2nd half of the year was because he was competing near the front for almost every single race when his car still wasn't quite up to the standard of the Red Bulls or Brawns. (see how the Brawns beat him on race pace in Monza and Valencia). Not to mention he scored more points (40), pole positions (4) and podiums (5) in the second half than anyone else. Alonso and Rosberg drove very well, but why should they be ranked higher than Lewis when they only have one podium between them?

I do think Kimi should be in the top 5 though.

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by swca92 » 21 Dec 2009, 16:55

Kimi was outshone by Massa up until Hungary, only then did he perform well. I think that ranking is fair, I'm not sure about the impartiality of some of the posters here lambasting his ranking.

User avatar
blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Location: Duisburg, Germany

Re: phil1993's Driver by Driver ratings: 2009 rankings

Post by blizzard » 22 Dec 2009, 12:34

Hey guys I´m actually a bit surprised by the uproar my comments have caused.

It was never my intention to attack phil or phil´s oppinion.

I just felt free to comment on his ratings and naturally different people have different oppinions.

I never wrote that phil has to change his ratings to satisfy me and I can tell you that never was and never will be my intention.

So as I mentioned earlier, I´m heavily surprised that you considered my posts to be insulting or attacking.

Phil: Mate I didn´t want to discredit your thread. Thanks for your efforts you put into it and I´m sure you can understand that oppinions drift apart at times.

I don´t think I insulted you, but if I did so then sorry!

cheers and happy christmas
Image

Locked