2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Who will win the 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix ?

Jenson Button
1
2%
Rubens Barrichello
25
39%
Sebastian Vettel
19
30%
Mark Webber
3
5%
Kimi Räikkönen
5
8%
Lewis Hamilton
7
11%
Nico Rosberg
1
2%
Jarno Trulli
0
No votes
Fernando Alonso
0
No votes
... other
3
5%
 
Total votes: 64

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by JoostLamers » 19 Oct 2009, 21:06

ric.rios wrote:
Rachael-The-Great wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Most disrespectful 'fans' ever!
how can they even call themselves fans of the sport?

Joost, I really don't know how is your concept for sport fans. On end of race yesterday, all my grandstand (included me) applauded Button.

Rachael, the brazilians pay the most expensive F1 ticket in world. Yes, we are sport fans... :O

How low can you go for yelling at a driver? They deserve respect, every single one of them. Of course I don't mean every Brazilian supporter, but I seriously heard a whole grandstand yelling at Fisichella when he was out of the car after Quali, I'm definately not a rascit or whatsoever, but do you call that respectful? To me the British people are the best F1 fans in the world, of course they are not perfect and there are some haters amongst them, but not as much as for people of other countries..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by sejtur » 19 Oct 2009, 21:48

joostlamers wrote:
ric.rios wrote:
Rachael-The-Great wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Most disrespectful 'fans' ever!
how can they even call themselves fans of the sport?

Joost, I really don't know how is your concept for sport fans. On end of race yesterday, all my grandstand (included me) applauded Button.

Rachael, the brazilians pay the most expensive F1 ticket in world. Yes, we are sport fans... :O

How low can you go for yelling at a driver? They deserve respect, every single one of them. Of course I don't mean every Brazilian supporter, but I seriously heard a whole grandstand yelling at Fisichella when he was out of the car after Quali, I'm definately not a rascit or whatsoever, but do you call that respectful? To me the British people are the best F1 fans in the world, of course they are not perfect and there are some haters amongst them, but not as much as for people of other countries..


Yeah Brits are good fans, but a bit too nationalistic for my taste.
Image

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 487
Joined: 16 Mar 2008, 00:58
Location: Barbacena/Brazil
Contact:

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by ric.rios » 19 Oct 2009, 22:29

joostlamers wrote:How low can you go for yelling at a driver? They deserve respect, every single one of them. Of course I don't mean every Brazilian supporter, but I seriously heard a whole grandstand yelling at Fisichella when he was out of the car after Quali, I'm definately not a rascit or whatsoever, but do you call that respectful? To me the British people are the best F1 fans in the world, of course they are not perfect and there are some haters amongst them, but not as much as for people of other countries..

Well man, until last year we were accustomed arrive at Interlagos and seeing a red car guided by Massa. I don't listen anyone desrespect with Fisichella, but, in any sport event, including in England, you listen the yelling. Football is one great example. And there, the thing is more serious (hooligans).
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."
Image
Image

User avatar
geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 151
Joined: 28 May 2007, 15:49
Location: Manila

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by geewhiz14 » 20 Oct 2009, 02:37

First Heikki sprays champagne into Kimi's eyes (circa Malaysian GP 2008), now he sprays fire into Kimi's car and petrol into his eyes! I got a funny feeling that Heikki doesn't love Kimi anymore. :zz: :lol:
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

AzraQ
car driver
car driver
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 17:44

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by AzraQ » 20 Oct 2009, 08:04

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Watching the pitlane accident again, I now see how lucky everybody on the pitwall was to not be hit by the fire..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4eJcjwf4c8[/youtube]


Well done to Brawn btw for helping Kovalainen



I'm sorry but i don't think Brawn should have helped Kovalinen to recover from mclaren's mistake, the did something wrong so they have to deal with it themselves, just like ferrari in singapore 08.
there was no danger when kovalinen stopped the car

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Oct 2009, 08:40

Hamilton is now in exactly on half the points of his championship winning total, isn't he?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2433
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 14:53

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by Rachael The Great » 20 Oct 2009, 14:50

ric.rios wrote:Rachael, the brazilians pay the most expensive F1 ticket in world. Yes, we are sport fans... :O

i wasnt judging all Brazilians. just saying, (aimed at whoever were throwing things at Lewis) arent fans of the sport supposed to respect every driver? even if they do dislike them, it gives them no right to do that
Image

User avatar
Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 967
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 11:43
Location: Finland, Arctic Circle

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by Haukinen » 20 Oct 2009, 15:14

AzraQ wrote:I'm sorry but i don't think Brawn should have helped Kovalinen to recover from mclaren's mistake, the did something wrong so they have to deal with it themselves, just like ferrari in singapore 08.
there was no danger when kovalinen stopped the car

Oh come on...
Image
Image

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by megasyxx » 20 Oct 2009, 16:26

Haukinen wrote:
AzraQ wrote:I'm sorry but i don't think Brawn should have helped Kovalinen to recover from mclaren's mistake, the did something wrong so they have to deal with it themselves, just like ferrari in singapore 08.
there was no danger when kovalinen stopped the car

Oh come on...


i think the brawn team is gearing up for a pitstop during that incident.....it's of their best interest to get rid of heikki in their pit area.
Image

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by Fergie1 » 20 Oct 2009, 17:52

AzraQ wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Watching the pitlane accident again, I now see how lucky everybody on the pitwall was to not be hit by the fire..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4eJcjwf4c8[/youtube]


Well done to Brawn btw for helping Kovalainen



I'm sorry but i don't think Brawn should have helped Kovalinen to recover from mclaren's mistake, the did something wrong so they have to deal with it themselves, just like ferrari in singapore 08.
there was no danger when kovalinen stopped the car

Who supplies their engines?

User avatar
cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5115
Joined: 25 Jun 2008, 11:26
Location: Inaccessible Island

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by cformula1 » 21 Oct 2009, 08:22

joostlamers wrote:
ric.rios wrote:
Rachael-The-Great wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Most disrespectful 'fans' ever!
how can they even call themselves fans of the sport?

Joost, I really don't know how is your concept for sport fans. On end of race yesterday, all my grandstand (included me) applauded Button.

Rachael, the brazilians pay the most expensive F1 ticket in world. Yes, we are sport fans... :O

How low can you go for yelling at a driver? They deserve respect, every single one of them. Of course I don't mean every Brazilian supporter, but I seriously heard a whole grandstand yelling at Fisichella when he was out of the car after Quali, I'm definately not a rascit or whatsoever, but do you call that respectful? To me the British people are the best F1 fans in the world, of course they are not perfect and there are some haters amongst them, but not as much as for people of other countries..

:lol:
They are- if you don't mention the name "Schumacher".
But they are one of the best.

Australian, Canadian and French F1 fans are the best. They are fair and show respect to all the drivers.
Image

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 708
Joined: 24 May 2008, 22:32
Location: south france

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by Totopupu » 21 Oct 2009, 09:29

Australian, Canadian and French F1 fans are the best. They are fair and show respect to all the drivers.


They respect all drivers, so they are bad fans. A real fan know how to support a driver and how to "dont support" some drivers.

In football, best fans are fans who support their team, but when team dont play good, they can be (very) angry. And, also, they must whistle other teams.

And, why F1 drivers have to be respected? They are paid many millions to drive a car when many worker will win 1/2 million in their whole life.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

User avatar
swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2441
Joined: 26 Jan 2008, 21:24
Location: Enfield, London

Re: 2009 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Post by swca92 » 21 Oct 2009, 10:29

Considering how much it costs to go to an F1 race they should be allowed to boo or cheer whoever they want. In fact at any sports event fans have that right. Only if it develops into violence or into massive insults should any action be taken. Fans throwing nuts at Lewis doesn't bother me, they won't do any damage and it shows the fans are passionate and not staid or morbid.

Locked