2009 ING Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 29 Aug 2009, 15:27

Jenson Button
3%
Rubens Barrichello
3%
Mark Webber
12%
Sebastian Vettel
15%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Lewis Hamilton
20%
Kimi Raikkonen
37%
Jarno Trulli
2%
Timo Glock
2%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 59

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 ING Belgian Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 31 Aug 2009, 11:37

shail69 wrote:
Lemans3 wrote:Kimi is taking a habit of running wide in the 1st corner. To be honest, I believe he had deliberatly planned to do this - and I feel he got too much advantage of it.
some say it is legal, but I think he should have been penalized, since he got a way better exit and taking much more speed than the others who were "on" the track.
Kimi did the same a few years ago in the McLaren.
He might have planned this before and it gave him an advantage, noyt because he could carry extra speed but he could deploy KERS with a clear track unlike for eg hamilton who had a red bull infront of him when he used KERS after the hairpin..
Kimi only used KERS from radillon.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 31 Aug 2009, 12:56

sejtur wrote:
shail69 wrote:
Lemans3 wrote:Kimi is taking a habit of running wide in the 1st corner. To be honest, I believe he had deliberatly planned to do this - and I feel he got too much advantage of it.
some say it is legal, but I think he should have been penalized, since he got a way better exit and taking much more speed than the others who were "on" the track.
He might have planned this before and it gave him an advantage, noyt because he could carry extra speed but he could deploy KERS with a clear track unlike for eg hamilton who had a red bull infront of him when he used KERS after the hairpin..
do you mean from the top of ea rogue.. I dont think so, i think he used some after the hairpin and passed heidifeld and trulli and the n used the remaining to pass kubica..

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 31 Aug 2009, 13:00

I don't think he planned it, but certainly when two cars closed the track in front of him he could have stay there and lost positions. Instead of that he took the outside and kept the position. Depends on if you believe or not if he had the chance of staying in the track or there was no way of not being hit.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 31 Aug 2009, 13:06

shail69 wrote:
sejtur wrote:
shail69 wrote:
do you mean from the top of ea rogue.. I dont think so, i think he used some after the hairpin and passed heidifeld and trulli and the n used the remaining to pass kubica..
Well, he said it himself, I read it in the transcript of the PC. And yes radillon is the top of the eau rouge.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 31 Aug 2009, 13:07

hannibal_rising wrote:
I don't think he planned it, but certainly when two cars closed the track in front of him he could have stay there and lost positions. Instead of that he took the outside and kept the position. Depends on if you believe or not if he had the chance of staying in the track or there was no way of not being hit.
He could stay on the track but that would of meant almost a full stop. Not safe either for the people coming from the back.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 31 Aug 2009, 13:07

Just one question ... why is everybody crying about Kimi ? Button went wide as well ! :zz:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 31 Aug 2009, 13:09

sejtur wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:
He could stay on the track but that would of meant almost a full stop. Not safe either for the people coming from the back.
I dont think going off track to pass is illegal specially if you are talking a longer route..i think sutil went utside the track on the exit of pouhon to pass badoer as well..

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 31 Aug 2009, 13:52

Sorry for coming back on old discussions. But on following picture it's very easy to see that Grosjean had nowhere to go when Button closed the door ...

shämito
kart driver
kart driver

Post by shämito » 31 Aug 2009, 15:09

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Sorry for coming back on old discussions. But on following picture it's very easy to see that Grosjean had nowhere to go when Button closed the door ...
I said, that Button was so greed (and stupid). He is losing championship

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Aug 2009, 16:48

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Sorry for coming back on old discussions. But on following picture it's very easy to see that Grosjean had nowhere to go when Button closed the door ...
Grosjean shouldn't be there, he hasn't got the racing line, Button has. Grosjean is very wrong here
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 31 Aug 2009, 16:56

joostlamers wrote:
Grosjean shouldn't be there, he hasn't got the racing line, Button has. Grosjean is very wrong here
at the start of a grad prix there are 20 cars, they are more focused on gaining or stop losing positions rather than looking after the racing line. It was a racing incident. Grosjean spun Button and then Button collected Grosjean as he went to the barrier.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 31 Aug 2009, 17:08

shail69 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
at the start of a grad prix there are 20 cars, they are more focused on gaining or stop losing positions rather than looking after the racing line. It was a racing incident. Grosjean spun Button and then Button collected Grosjean as he went to the barrier.
Agreed

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 31 Aug 2009, 17:14

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Just one question ... why is everybody crying about Kimi ? Button went wide as well ! :zz:
Because Button is British and Kimi won the race. Again, many drivers go wide in that corner each year but it's just when their hated driver wins that the outrage starts.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 31 Aug 2009, 18:02

AzShadow wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Just one question ... why is everybody crying about Kimi ? Button went wide as well ! :zz:
Because Button is British and Kimi won the race. Again, many drivers go wide in that corner each year but it's just when their hated driver wins that the outrage starts.
its just because people dont care about the slow guys behind.. :lol: :p

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 31 Aug 2009, 18:05

shail69 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
its just because people dont care about the slow guys behind.. :lol: :p
Flag:## Flag:##