2009 Hungarian Grand Prix

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 26 Jul 2009, 17:49

mikhailv wrote:infact, if teams are to be disqualified for wheels flying off, what about driving down the pitlane with the fuel hose attached? that could easily swipe someone at 62mph? and its a much more crowded area with no protection?
I don't know what the sanction was for that, but that should have been penalised also, you're right about that.
But you understand now you were wrong about the cautious attitude of the FIA right?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Jul 2009, 17:50

phil1993 wrote:Indeed.

I know we mention 'ifs' and 'buts' in racing but (:p) what would have happened should the wheel have come off earlier? Previous incidents have been dangerous but this was a severe breach of regulations and considering the current conditions where we have a dead British racer and the 2008 runner up in a life threatening coma, where he may not be able to race ever again I think that Renault are lucky with just a one race ban
But i dont get how the FIA can ban renault when in this season, Koobs team BMW werent done, and theres no true rules about a tyre just falling off the weel is there in comparison with the tethers? If theres a nut failure, its a nut failure, a £20 nut. No other team has recieved disqualifications for failures to wheels, suspensions and so forth.

If this is the case, then brawn must be disqualified for their failure on barrichellos car, its the same thing, infact barrichellos is worse because it nearly killed my damn felipe!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Jul 2009, 17:52

But they knew there was a problem with the car, had the wheel flown off without warning then okay but for half a lap Brundle was saying 'They should stop, the wheel is gonna fly off' so Renault would have known as well

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Jul 2009, 17:56

phil1993 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:
wheels, debris and everything flew off after an accident, but nothing was done about the tethers not working, and im mistaken, its Kubica wheel not vettels in australia
That was an accident, Renault knew that it was dangerous
Well technically, did they actually know? Well ofcourse they did, but what i mean is.... how to put it.......

renault let him go unbeknowing his wheel was dodgy, Alonso felt vibrations through the steering wheel, but theres been countless times with wonky wheels, deflated and delaminated tyres, you just try your best to nurse it home, so renault nor alonso wouldnt know it would fly off. its common to try getting back to the pits.

Alonso shouldnt have continued on 3 wheels, but he did, and in the end shouldve got a grid penalty; which i think is the appropriate penalty for valencia.

And brundle did say it would fly off, but wouldnt it be a similar situation when a tyre delaminates itself and flyes off and roll in the road, with an oncoming car coming upto it? it would destroy the front wing and lift the car up to a major accident.... people with delaminating tyres dont stop neither, nor have people with wheels hanging off IE kimi bahrain 06.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 26 Jul 2009, 18:00

Maybe this could why Flavio left the Garage before the end of the Race :p

what happened today was dangerous but a full race ban may be a little extreme

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Jul 2009, 18:00

I give up. ''hmm''

All I can say is stand where the photographer is and see if you would like a wheel coming towards you when it could have been avoided given the team knew the problem

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Jul 2009, 18:20

phil1993 wrote:I give up. ''hmm''

All I can say is stand where the photographer is and see if you would like a wheel coming towards you when it could have been avoided given the team knew the problem
Lol dont give up!

I wouldve ducked until i knew my head wouldnt have been lopped off.

but, at the time of Henry surtees accident, everyone said it was a just a freak accident and its motor racing....

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Jul 2009, 18:28

just released;

Stewards talked to Renault representatives twice after the race.

The statement said that Renault "knowingly released car no. 7 from the pitstop position without one of the retaining devices for the wheel-nuts being securely in position, this being an indication that the wheel itself may not have been properly secured."

Now i have a problem with that bit, because how many times has retaining devices and wheel nuts not been secure? you cant penalise for bodged pit stop.

It added that Renault, "being aware of this, failed to take any action to prevent the car from leaving the pitlane....failed to inform the driver of this problem or to advise him to take appropriate action given the circumstances, even though the driver contacted the team by radio believing he had a puncture."

Now, the renault team i believe didnt know the extent of the wheel untill after he left, as the mechanic didnt put his hand up, but didnt signal something was wrong, which was why the lollipop went up. I agree that they didnt tell Alonso when they knew the definitive problem, but what advice would there be to give? its never been known that a driver must pull over, otherwise lewis for example and his delaminated tyre which most of it flew off, should have pulled over in my interpretation of that ruling.

Renault in theory, could do a Mclaren and sack either the lollipop man, or the bloke doing the front right, as that got mclaren off of lying and recieving a proper penalty.

Otherwise, Alonso did do wrong in continuing on 3 wheels.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Jul 2009, 18:37

mikhailv wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I give up. ''hmm''

Lol dont give up!

I wouldve ducked until i knew my head wouldnt have been lopped off.
Look at the pic; he was looking the other way and wouldnt have known a wheel was flying towards him :O

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Jul 2009, 18:48

Code: Select all

Laps led:

L. Hamilton 58
F. Alonso 11
H. Kovalainen 1

Hamilton never dropped below 3rd

Alguersuari's best position of the race was 12th

Speed Trap:

1	1 	Lewis Hamilton	299.5
2	2 	H.Kovalainen	298.3
3	21 	G.Fisichella	289.3
4	23 	R.Barrichello	288.3
5	4 	Kimi Räikkönen	287.8
6	6 	Nick Heidfeld	287.8
7	15 	Sebastian Vettel	287.7
8	5 	Robert Kubica	287.2
9	22 	Jenson Button	287.0
10	11 	J.Alguersuari	286.5
11	8 	Nelsinho Piquet	286.3
12	14 	Mark Webber	285.1
13	17 	Kazuki Nakajima	283.0
14	12 	Sébastien Buemi	282.7
15	16 	Nico Rosberg	282.0
16	10 	Timo Glock	281.9
17	9 	Jarno Trulli	281.6
18	7 	Fernando Alonso	281.5
19	20 	Adrian Sutil	271.0

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 26 Jul 2009, 19:19

http://twitter.com/noblef1
The stewards have confirmed that Kimi Raikkonen will not be punished for his aggressive driving on the first lap of the Hungarian GP

Red Bull Racing has been reprimanded for the unsafe release of Mark Webber into the path of Kimi Raikkonen at their first stops
Kimi had a problem with the exhaust during the second stint.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 26 Jul 2009, 19:24

That's why he had to do a manual start in the pitstop and got into anti-stall.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 26 Jul 2009, 20:05

I loved that race, on holiday but still managed to watch it. Didn't see qualifying which is no loss for me tbh as I didn't want to see an accident like Massas.
I hope he is racing in Valencia, but I doubt it.

Renault's penalty is harsh but fair I don't know. They shouldn't of let him out with a wheel like that it but it isn't Alonsos or Piquets fault.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 26 Jul 2009, 20:09

[pre]Tyre strategies - Hungarian GP

The Formula 1 regulations state drivers must use both types of tyre compounds during every race.

Below is the order in which each driver used his tyre compounds
in the Hungarian Grand Prix, as recorded by Bridgestone:

Team Tyre choice by stint

Ferrari

Felipe Massa - - -
Kimi Raikkonen Super Soft Super Soft Soft

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Heikki Kovalainen Super Soft Super Soft Soft

BMW Sauber

Robert Kubica Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Nick Heidfeld Super Soft Super Soft Soft

Renault

Fernando Alonso Super Soft Super Soft Soft DNF
Nelson Piquet Super Soft Super Soft Soft

Toyota

Jarno Trulli Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Timo Glock Super Soft Super Soft Soft

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Jaime Alguersuari Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Sebastien Buemi Soft Super Soft Super Soft

Red Bull Racing

Mark Webber Super Soft Soft Super Soft
Sebastian Vettel Soft Soft Soft DNF

Williams

Nico Rosberg Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Kazuki Nakajima Super Soft Super Soft Soft

Force India

Adrian Sutil Soft DNF
Giancarlo Fisichella Super Soft Super Soft Soft

Brawn

Jenson Button Super Soft Super Soft Soft
Rubens Barrichello Soft Soft Super Soft[/pre]

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77349

http://www.f1zone.net/services/lapchart.php
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Jul 2009, 20:17

The only problem with the wheel that I have, is from the onboard footage of the pit stop, the mechanic is pointing to the wheel, but everyone else has signalled there ready, the mechanic doesnt signal to the rest of the team, just the bloke who holds the tyre. I recall in ferrari that they do the neck cut or frantically wave to say a problem, that bloke just points. Hows the lollipop man stood on the opposite side to the car on jacks suppose to see some bloke pointing.

Thats how I mean I dont think renault knew as a whole, i think the lollipop man assumed everything was good because the front right pairing just pointed and didnt attempt anything.

I hope my renaus front right doesnt come off lol!