2009 Hungarian Grand Prix

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by mikhailv » 28 Jul 2009, 18:36

phil1993 wrote:
blizzard wrote:I must say Lewis gained a fair amount of credit from me for that race.

He drove good and focused. None of that sometimes pathetic stuff we saw last season. The talent was always there, he only needed to get his mindset right. Maybe races like Istanbul have helped him to find himself.
True. IMO he's driving better this year than last (except for Silverstone 08) - he made mistakes but only because the car is c**p. When you have a good car it is not possible to make the mistakes! (that makes sense right? :p) - and he proved that on Sunday; he was blisteringly quick and a hell of a lot faster than Heikki. Yes, its a McLaren track, but he was still supreme. As Brundle said, he was composed when he lost his position to Webber, whereas last year he probably would have lost a wheel with a banzai move
I completely agree. If you look at Silverstone as a prime example when him and Alonso were fighting, you could see both drivers giving their all, but their amount of skill was limited to the ability of the cars limits, hence why they kept letting each other by; alonso getting oversteer when he shouldnt', lewis getting understeer when he shouldnt. The pair are still above their machinery at the mo.

Id take brundles comment and assessment with a pinch of salt personally. I mean he's driven 2 mature races ever in his career; China 08 and Hungry 09. I think when the pressures on and the overconfidence is back; he'll fall fowl of it. One race doesnt change a man does it.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Jul 2009, 18:54

But half a season of tough races and I think lie-gate matured him.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 Jul 2009, 09:45

phil1993 wrote:But half a season of tough races and I think lie-gate matured him.
Only time will tell, but i do feel those tough races have shown him up more than made him look better. all he did was bitterly moan about the team that theyve given him a c**p car, he cant defend his title and they should scrap it; even after all the hardwork they did to try and improve it. Only up until germany he had a great car, and because he made a mistake which ended up getting clipped by webber, he wanted to retire the car, even when the team needed the information because you cant test the parts; he could at least have the respect to test the parts for the team, even if he is lapped; it gives them 50 laps worth of brand new data, which they never had before.

But yes, I believe up untill the new update, he has been really mardy and instead of trying to find whats up, he just wanted to scrap it and make a new car; which how much would that seriously cost?

shadow_girl26
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by shadow_girl26 » 29 Jul 2009, 09:47

This race is amazing, the return of Kimi in the podium and the victory of Hamilton.

VISIT THE SPANISH KIMI RAIKKONEN FORUM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/KimiRaikkonen_Iceman/

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Jul 2009, 09:52

mikhailv wrote:
phil1993 wrote:But half a season of tough races and I think lie-gate matured him.
Only time will tell, but i do feel those tough races have shown him up more than made him look better. all he did was bitterly moan about the team that theyve given him a c**p car, he cant defend his title and they should scrap it; even after all the hardwork they did to try and improve it. Only up until germany he had a great car, and because he made a mistake which ended up getting clipped by webber, he wanted to retire the car, even when the team needed the information because you cant test the parts; he could at least have the respect to test the parts for the team, even if he is lapped; it gives them 50 laps worth of brand new data, which they never had before.

But yes, I believe up untill the new update, he has been really mardy and instead of trying to find whats up, he just wanted to scrap it and make a new car; which how much would that seriously cost?
What?! You said this on the BBC Website as well: Lewis moaned once about the car, but every time he's been supportive of the team and trying his hardest...

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 Jul 2009, 15:59

phil1993 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

What?! You said this on the BBC Website as well: Lewis moaned once about the car, but every time he's been supportive of the team and trying his hardest...
huh? BBC website??? I dont go on there.... I dont have an account or owt lol!

But he moaned more than once. Malaysia, China, Silverstone and 2 other races in post race interviews. Me and some friends at work were on about it. He's a lew fan and agrees.

He's supported the team after he's slagged them off about the car. So it doesnt really count. And he does try his hardest but unfortunatly ends up spinning through unforced errors out of frustration. Poor lad.

Oh funniest thing, Hamilton has the best car-pit radio transmission;

Turkey 09: ' I cant even keep up with fricking renau infront of me.... my tyres are shot.... im heavier than a fricking boat.........' mclaren: ' not much to say really...'

CLASSIC.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Aug 2009, 17:43

It's back!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Aug 2009, 18:26

Good ... specially very important point on Vettel's WDC ..with main players(Ferrari & Mclaren Mercedes ) progress its going to be very hard .. Rubens column ..rofl Also, too early talk about Jaime Alguersuari in that tone.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 04 Aug 2009, 18:29

Hehe, classic rating phil, I completely agree with them.

The "comment" on Sutil is so hilarious :)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Aug 2009, 18:32

haha 19/10 :p

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Aug 2009, 20:59

twitter :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

kenny09
car driver
car driver

Post by kenny09 » 05 Aug 2009, 14:09

oops a lot late coming on here...

Hungary GP was entertaining, and at the same time worrying, but overall it was a great race, especially for Hamilton and McLaren, welcome back to winning, and Ferrari, now that Massa's ok, and Kimi got 2nd... 2 KERS cars in the top 2...

As for the title race, its on.. Strange to suddenly see the Brawn cars struggling when 4 races ago they were flying... Red Bull is back in the hunt, Webber and Vettel...Will we have a 3 horse race ala 2007?