No votes

Total votes: 47

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2009 Grosser Preis Santander German Grand Prix

Post by Jaguar » 12 Jul 2009, 20:09

joostlamers wrote:I'm BACK! :)

Perfect weekend, very cold and very very windy! Perfect weekend, up til the first corner... That start was extraordinary! Only Webber decided to stop Hamiltons podium chances. I already didn't like him, but now I really hate him, not the fact he hit Hamilton, but the combination of the hit, and all the big talks about Hamilton driving style. At least Hamilton never ruined anyone's race! That's all I want to say about the Aussie.

Will upload (a lot of) photos one of these days :O
:huh: Okay i didn't watch the race but i saw the highlights ... and i would like to comment on where u said "Lewis didn't ruin anyone's race" exuse me ? remember Fuji Lewis Leading Webber - Vettel ? u can go back to the video and see his childish driving style ... sorry joost it's the first time i disagree with u ... remember i'm a Webber fan since ages (alongside Vettel and red bull of course) ... when he does mistakes i'd say i'm not this Anti-Lewis fan but still i also used to hate Lewis :zz:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Jul 2009, 21:16

Hamilton's ruined plenty of races since 2007, it was simply bad luck he got touched by Webber. Anyway glad you enjoyed the experience, Kovalainen did well for a while.

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 13 Jul 2009, 06:17

Remember Canada 2008 - Hamilton ran into Kimi not even at racing speed :D

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 13 Jul 2009, 08:57

Hello guys I'm back too. I've had a good time, and made some photo's but they're not all very good. I had a good shot of alonso before he was even braking (!) and fully zoomed in. It was a nice race until Kimi had the problems. I think I saw him using kers after the dunlopkehre, after correcting the car almost every time, so that was pretty cool to see. I'm very glad that a Brawn didn't win, and I wish Alonso could do some overtaking in the end, but on this track it's hard to overtake the Brawns with their superb brakes; it's hard overtaking here in general. I didn't even notice Lewis had a puncture because it was on the other side that I viewed it, and I was pretty far away from a screen to see it well. I couldn't follow the race well because of it. And I was distracted by the cars passing in front of me. In reality they look alot bigger than they do on TV. :)

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 13 Jul 2009, 10:03

Waiting for photos ... upload them don't care about quality :)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Jul 2009, 10:07

sejtur wrote:It was a nice race until Kimi had the problems
This was a good race for us, wasn't it?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 13 Jul 2009, 12:42

In what sense do you mean, Joost? Both Kimi and Lewis had a bad race so...
It was nice that we were there, but I was really hoping for some rain that would spice up the action.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Jul 2009, 14:52

sejtur wrote:In what sense do you mean, Joost? Both Kimi and Lewis had a bad race so...
It was nice that we were there, but I was really hoping for some rain that would spice up the action.
*Insert sarcasm* :O

But immediately when I saw Hamilton coming round the corner with a puncture, I said: "Bring the rain!" But no, the sun was very hot yesterday, wasn't it?

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 13 Jul 2009, 16:03

joostlamers wrote:
sejtur wrote:In what sense do you mean, Joost? Both Kimi and Lewis had a bad race so...
*Insert sarcasm* :O

But immediately when I saw Hamilton coming round the corner with a puncture, I said: "Bring the rain!" But no, the sun was very hot yesterday, wasn't it?
Oh heh, didn't see that :O

I was pretty frustrated about it. It had been raining all morning, until like ten oclock I think, and then a few hours later the sun just came through. The GP2 race was way more entertaining in terms of overtaking than the F1-race, and I think that was mostly because of the water on the track. The sun was very hot indeed, my arms and face are burnt, and also my ears. :( :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Jul 2009, 16:40

Brawn downplays frustrated Barrichello comments

13 July 2009

Brawn GP team boss Ross Brawn has described how Rubens Barrichello was simply frustrated after the German Grand Prix, when the Brazilian slammed his team after Sunday's race tactics. Barrichello commented, live on television, that he did not want to speak to his team after they 'destroyed' his race.

Speaking after the race, Barrichello told the BBC: "We went wrong with the strategy. I am very upset with our strategy from the team - I did all I needed to do and they made me lose the race."

According to Ross Brawn, the comments made by Barrichello were part of an emotional outburst right after the race. "He sounded like a frustrated driver. When you put so much effort into a race and it didn't work out than you get frustrated sometimes," Ross said. "If you get out of the car thinking you could have won the race but you didn't, and haven't received all the facts yet, this can happen; now Rubens has all the facts and understands what has really happened and is fine with it.

"You just cannot win a race, whatever strategy you are on, when your fastest lap is only the 11th fastest lap - it is just impossible and those are the real facts."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Jul 2009, 16:50

Rubens on twitter: I would not have won the race as the Red Bulls were half a second faster per lap but 3rd was very possible without the pit problems.

I will fight until I have chances for the championship..I promiss..It was a tough day yesterday but I am over it now

I want to thank everyone for the support...I was very upset yesterday but I am over it.I will post some more pics later on ok...

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 13 Jul 2009, 16:59

Funny cartoon about the race:

Site: http://mantovani.zip.net/

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Jul 2009, 17:04

Btw. I saw Anthony Davidson in his Porsche 911 on saturday :p

Quite funny, I saw a white Porsche 911 in front of us, which a strange number plate: A 911. He was going straight on at the roundabout, and we were going to the right, so he had to drive left, we at the right of the road. So I knew I would get to see the guy driving the car. When I looked I said: "F*cking hell, that's Anthony Davidson!