8%
No votes

Total votes: 37

tristan1117
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Rate the season so far

Post by tristan1117 » 17 Jun 2009, 22:59

Great season so far. Some great overtaking and some good racing. Rated it a 9, but the politics are getting very very tiresome.

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 18 Jun 2009, 04:02

An ok season but dull season so far I give it a 4. I hate it when we already know who the race winner is going to be every race weekend (ala Schumacher years) , I don't know why the rules needed to be changed since the last three seasons have gone down to the last race and has certainly had plenty of great overtakes. This season has been a slap in the face for Bernie because the triple deck diffusers have made overtaking much more difficult now so where back to where we were last year. Though the rule changes have made the season interesting in terms of the other teams now being the frontrunners like Brawn and Red Bull and new faces on the podium as well. It certainly has changed the grid order and I'm happy for Jenson, he deserves all the glory hes been achieving this year.

sonofgabe
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sonofgabe » 22 Jun 2009, 17:26

It's been pretty disappointing. I don't like the look of the cars too much, KERs was a disaster, the technical changes intended to make passing/racing easier failed. Then there was the double difuser controversy and FIA vs FOTA. And to be honest, I don't really like the topsy-turvey grid. Button has driven well, but I'm already tired of the media saying what a great regular guy he is. All of the big teams have, or soon will, stop development on this year's car, so the gaps will probably get bigger. It's fine to see Red Bull and Brawn win, but I want to see Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton with at least a fighting chance. This year, they look like no-hopers.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 22 Jun 2009, 17:33

bar red bull's recent one-two, brawn's domination is making it a bit boring. i'd prefer the previous season's "2 horse battles". this season brawn had no real opponent, although red bull is now emerging as it's top rival. hoping for some teams to be able to catch up as well.......

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 Jun 2009, 17:35

sonofgabe wrote:It's been pretty disappointing. I don't like the look of the cars too much, KERs was a disaster, the technical changes intended to make passing/racing easier failed. Then there was the double difuser controversy and FIA vs FOTA. And to be honest, I don't really like the topsy-turvey grid. Button has driven well, but I'm already tired of the media saying what a great regular guy he is. All of the big teams have, or soon will, stop development on this year's car, so the gaps will probably get bigger. It's fine to see Red Bull and Brawn win, but I want to see Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton with at least a fighting chance. This year, they look like no-hopers.
Agreed, although I like others winning and a sense of sportsman-ship seems to have returned to F1 between the drivers, who now are not doing so well seem friendlier towards each other and seeing Webber and Vettel and Button doing well seems so good and how happy they are - but I would like to see the champions further up the field, they're made to look like GP2 rookies

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 22 Jun 2009, 20:35

Disappointing how without rain or safety cars races are as dull as they have been the last decade, the new aerodynamics have done little to improve overtaking, and the new diffusers are seemingly making that worse. KERS is a dud and the politics of the sport is infuriating, as if they're deliberately trying to wear out the patience of fans and sponsors. Despite that, the season has been quite good and if Vettel can keep up his Silverstone form we have a good title battle on our hands. Also BBC have provided much better coverage than ITV, despite Legard's appalling commentary. But the politics will make this season a success or failure.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 22 Jun 2009, 20:42

on the topic of overtaking, i dont know i was surprised to see vettel not being able to overtake button on turkey but hamilton overtook massa last year. the overtaking chances seems to have reduced..

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 22 Jun 2009, 20:52

when the car ahead makes a mistake, boom! overtake. car with no kers ahead, car with kers behind, boom! overtake! :lol: