2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Locked
Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Jun 2009, 20:24

[center]Image[/center]
The 2009 Santander British Grand Prix will be the eighth race of the 2009 Formula One season. It will be held on June 21, 2009 at Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England. This is likely to be the last British Grand Prix to be held at Silverstone, before the event moves to Donington Park in 2010.

Home driver Jenson Button leads the Drivers' Championship by 26 points from Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello. Barrichello is 8 points clear of Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel, who lies 1.5 points ahead of team-mate Mark Webber.

Ross Brawn's team lead the Constructors' Championship by 39.5 points from Red Bull Racing and a further 24 points ahead of Japanese manufacturer Toyota

Home favourite and eventual World Champion Lewis Hamilton won the 2008 British Grand Prix for McLaren. The British Grand Prix has a history of native success, with wins for David Coulthard, Johnny Herbert, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, John Watson and James Hunt in the last 40 years. Britain will be represented this year by Hamilton and Jenson Button.

Other former British GP winners in this year's field are Ferrari's Kimi Räikkönen, Renault's Fernando Alonso and Brawn GP driver Rubens Barrichello.
- Wikipedia
Silverstone
Race Date: 21 Jun 2009
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.141 km
Race Distance: 308.355 km
Lap Record: 1:18.739 - M Schumacher (2004)

2008 Results
1 - Lewis Hamilton
2 - Nick Heidfeld
3 - Rubens Barrichello
4 - Kimi Raikkonen
5 - Heikki Kovalainen
6 - Fernando Alonso
7 - Jarno Trulli
8 - Kazuki Nakajima

Previous Winners
2008 - Lewis Hamilton
2007 - Kimi Raikkonen
2006 - Fernando Alonso
2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya
2004 - Michael Schumacher

Image
F1 TIMETABLE
Fri 19 June 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 20 June 2009
Saturday Practice 10:00 - 11:00
Qualifying 13:00

Sun 21 June 2009
Race 13:00


Links

5 Day Weather Forecast
14 Day Weather Forecast
Live Streams

So, the last F1 race at Silverstone. Arguably one of the best tracks on the calendar is being dumped for a track that may not even be ready.
Talking points, will McLaren bring upgrades so they can put on a show for the fans, will it be another Brawn and Button domination or can another rise to the challenge?
And, is anyone else going to this GP?
Discuss. :p
Last edited by Ali on 10 Jun 2009, 18:18, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Post by megasyxx » 08 Jun 2009, 20:33

if mclaren's upgrades came from their unreliable simulator.......well then, no show for the fans! a playstation would do them better :D
Image

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 708
Joined: 24 May 2008, 22:32
Location: south france

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Post by Totopupu » 08 Jun 2009, 21:58

Oh My God !! I have find exclusive photos of the McLaren F1 simulator. Look :

Image

Image

And special simulator of Kovalainen :

Image

And, finally, the goal of this team :

Image
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

User avatar
Liffonmelsmork
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 94
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 17:20
Location: England

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Liffonmelsmork » 08 Jun 2009, 22:29

I'm going - I'm doubtful it's the last ever time we'll see Silverstone on the calendar, but let's forget about the uncertainty for a while!

Admittedly I'd love to be there to witness a Button victory, but I've always been a big fan of Rubens (and Rubens has always been a big fan of Silverstone) so I'm happy if either Brawn man wins. To be honest, I don't mind who wins. It's all about the event, innit.

User avatar
blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Location: Duisburg, Germany

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 09 Jun 2009, 07:20

Keeping in mind, how poorly the McLaren was through turn 8 at Istanbul, I can´t see any realistic chance for them to get both cars into Q3. Maybe 1 oe 2 points in the race with a bit of luck, but nothing more.

There are too many aero corners, like Copse, the Maggots - Becketts - Chapel section, plus Bridge.

I can see another dominant win for Jenson, and boy he deserves it at his home track!

I would like to see another team challenging for a podium position, Red Bull is boring in my oppinion, like Chelsea in football. Billionaire buys team - team buys stars - team wins - all plastic.

You can say whatever you want, but there is nothing like a good old Ferrari vs McLaren and Williams battle. You can smell the tradition and history these teams have when competing against each other.
Image

User avatar
Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 967
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 11:43
Location: Finland, Arctic Circle

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Haukinen » 09 Jun 2009, 07:50

Guess who will win?

I said, that I'm not going to watch F1 races anymore of this season, but I can't do it :p
There's still great things in the sport

Love to see the difference between 2008 and 2009. There weren't many Jenson-flags last year :lol:
Image
Image

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jun 2009, 07:55

Button will score the hattrick here: win, pole, FL.

A big, big shame this is the last Silverstone! When you ask a random person on the street and ask about F1 tracks, most of them will name these circuits: Monaco, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, and.. Yes: Silverstone, it's a track which is breathing F1 and autosport! The only place where the people are waiting to get on the grandstands when the circuit is still closed in the GP-weekends. I don't see Donington becoming such an event. :(
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 15:07
Location: Duisburg, Germany

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 09 Jun 2009, 09:52

joostlamers wrote:Button will score the hattrick here: win, pole, FL.

A big, big shame this is the last Silverstone! When you ask a random person on the street and ask about F1 tracks, most of them will name these circuits: Monaco, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, and.. Yes: Silverstone, it's a track which is breathing F1 and autosport! The only place where the people are waiting to get on the grandstands when the circuit is still closed in the GP-weekends. I don't see Donington becoming such an event. :(


You´re absolutely right, but at least the GP stays in Britain! With Bernie´s greediness it would have been no surprise to cancel the British GP and move it to Asia, where he can make even more money, like it happend with Canada or Imola. I´ve heard that on sunday only about 20000 tickets were sold in turkey. What a disgrace, the track is actually quite cool, but turkey is absolutely no F1 country and I don´t think the average net income per month is as high as in Britain, USA or Germany - combined with F1´s ridicculous ticket prices it´s no wonder that you get a capacity of 20000 (that´s what I´ve heard) out of a possible 140000
Image

User avatar
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2433
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 14:53

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Rachael The Great » 09 Jun 2009, 18:44

its Button a win again. no doubt.
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2009, 18:51

Fergie1 wrote:
Spoiler:
[center]Image[/center]
The 2009 Santander British Grand Prix will be the eighth race of the 2009 Formula One season. It will be held on June 21, 2009 at Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England. This is likely to be the last British Grand Prix to be held at Silverstone, before the event moves to Donington Park in 2010.

Home driver Jenson Button leads the Drivers' Championship by 26 points from Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello. Barrichello is 8 points clear of Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel, who lies 1.5 points ahead of team-mate Mark Webber.

Ross Brawn's team lead the Constructors' Championship by 39.5 points from Red Bull Racing and a further 24 points ahead of Japanese manufacturer Toyota

Home favourite and eventual World Champion Lewis Hamilton won the 2008 British Grand Prix for McLaren. The British Grand Prix has a history of native success, with wins for David Coulthard, Johnny Herbert, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, John Watson and James Hunt in the last 40 years. Britain will be represented this year by Hamilton and Jenson Button.

Other former British GP winners in this year's field are Ferrari's Kimi Räikkönen, Renault's Fernando Alonso and Brawn GP driver Rubens Barrichello.
- Wikipedia
Silverstone
Race Date: 21 Jun 2009
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.141 km
Race Distance: 308.355 km
Lap Record: 1:18.739 - M Schumacher (2004)

2008 Results
1 - Lewis Hamilton
2 - Nick Heidfeld
3 - Rubens Barrichello
4 - Kimi Raikkonen
5 - Heikki Kovalainen
6 - Fernando Alonso
7 - Jarno Trulli
8 - Kazuki Nakajima

Previous Winners
2008 - Lewis Hamilton
2007 - Kimi Raikkonen
2006 - Fernando Alonso
2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya
2004 - Michael Schumacher

Image
F1 TIMETABLE
Fri 19 June 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 20 June 2009
Saturday Practice 10:00 - 11:00
Qualifying 13:00

Sun 21 June 2009
Race 13:00


Links

5 Day Weather Forecast
14 Day Weather Forecast
Live Streams

So, the last F1 race at Silverstone. Arguably one of the best tracks on the calendar is being dumped for a track that may not even be ready.
Talking points, will McLaren bring upgrades so they can put on a show for the fans, will it be another Brawn and Button domination or can another rise to the challenge?
And, is anyone else going to this GP?
Discuss. :p


Can I send u my onboard lap soon so you can put it here :)

Also, why are there no new camera views in f1 - why didnt they keep this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGCi8tlqRU

I'd say its gonna be close between Webber and Button, Hamilton will be keen to impress but lock up 10 times in his best lap in quali and start 14th

User avatar
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5873
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX

Post by megasyxx » 09 Jun 2009, 18:51

Totopupu wrote:Oh My God !! I have find exclusive photos of the McLaren F1 simulator. Look :

Image

Image

And special simulator of Kovalainen :

Image

And, finally, the goal of this team :

Image



:lol: heheh....i tell you, it's very unreliable - coz' it's powered by 2 double a batteries. :P
Image

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2009 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2009, 18:52

blizzard wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Button will score the hattrick here: win, pole, FL.

A big, big shame this is the last Silverstone! When you ask a random person on the street and ask about F1 tracks, most of them will name these circuits: Monaco, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, and.. Yes: Silverstone, it's a track which is breathing F1 and autosport! The only place where the people are waiting to get on the grandstands when the circuit is still closed in the GP-weekends. I don't see Donington becoming such an event. :(


You´re absolutely right, but at least the GP stays in Britain! With Bernie´s greediness it would have been no surprise to cancel the British GP and move it to Asia, where he can make even more money, like it happend with Canada or Imola. I´ve heard that on sunday only about 20000 tickets were sold in turkey. What a disgrace, the track is actually quite cool, but turkey is absolutely no F1 country and I don´t think the average net income per month is as high as in Britain, USA or Germany - combined with F1´s ridicculous ticket prices it´s no wonder that you get a capacity of 20000 (that´s what I´ve heard) out of a possible 140000


Have you seen what Donington looks like atm, its a mess. cant see an F1 race being held there... The track is so narrow as well, there will be so little overtaking

User avatar
phil1993
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25503
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:32
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2009, 18:57

Well, I shall be enjoying this race with the comfort of knowing I have the next 2 and a half months off :) but I shall be departing the forum for Nurburgring and Spa

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jun 2009, 20:17

After this GP I will be counting down the days until take off to Germany.. :roll::
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1405
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 21:04

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Jun 2009, 20:20

phil1993 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
Spoiler:
[center]Image[/center]
The 2009 Santander British Grand Prix will be the eighth race of the 2009 Formula One season. It will be held on June 21, 2009 at Silverstone Circuit in Northamptonshire, England. This is likely to be the last British Grand Prix to be held at Silverstone, before the event moves to Donington Park in 2010.

Home driver Jenson Button leads the Drivers' Championship by 26 points from Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello. Barrichello is 8 points clear of Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel, who lies 1.5 points ahead of team-mate Mark Webber.

Ross Brawn's team lead the Constructors' Championship by 39.5 points from Red Bull Racing and a further 24 points ahead of Japanese manufacturer Toyota

Home favourite and eventual World Champion Lewis Hamilton won the 2008 British Grand Prix for McLaren. The British Grand Prix has a history of native success, with wins for David Coulthard, Johnny Herbert, Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, John Watson and James Hunt in the last 40 years. Britain will be represented this year by Hamilton and Jenson Button.

Other former British GP winners in this year's field are Ferrari's Kimi Räikkönen, Renault's Fernando Alonso and Brawn GP driver Rubens Barrichello.
- Wikipedia
Silverstone
Race Date: 21 Jun 2009
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.141 km
Race Distance: 308.355 km
Lap Record: 1:18.739 - M Schumacher (2004)

2008 Results
1 - Lewis Hamilton
2 - Nick Heidfeld
3 - Rubens Barrichello
4 - Kimi Raikkonen
5 - Heikki Kovalainen
6 - Fernando Alonso
7 - Jarno Trulli
8 - Kazuki Nakajima

Previous Winners
2008 - Lewis Hamilton
2007 - Kimi Raikkonen
2006 - Fernando Alonso
2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya
2004 - Michael Schumacher

Image
F1 TIMETABLE
Fri 19 June 2009
Friday Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Friday Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 20 June 2009
Saturday Practice 10:00 - 11:00
Qualifying 13:00

Sun 21 June 2009
Race 13:00


Links

5 Day Weather Forecast
14 Day Weather Forecast
Live Streams

So, the last F1 race at Silverstone. Arguably one of the best tracks on the calendar is being dumped for a track that may not even be ready.
Talking points, will McLaren bring upgrades so they can put on a show for the fans, will it be another Brawn and Button domination or can another rise to the challenge?
And, is anyone else going to this GP?
Discuss. :p


Can I send u my onboard lap soon so you can put it here :)

Also, why are there no new camera views in f1 - why didnt they keep this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGCi8tlqRU

I'd say its gonna be close between Webber and Button, Hamilton will be keen to impress but lock up 10 times in his best lap in quali and start 14th

you can link it here and ill put it in, is that what you mean?

Locked