Post by Kirstie005 » 07 Jun 2009, 17:13

1 - Best Driver - Jenson
2 - Best Team - Red Bull
3 - Best Overtake - The whole heikki and rubens affair
4 - Best Moment - same as above
5 - Worst Driver - Barichelllo - trying and failing
6 - Worst Team - Mclaren
7 - Biggest Surprise - Barichello at begining
8 - General Comment - Was an alright race until the whole barichello thing stopped- then it was once again predictable

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Rate the 2009 Turkish Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Jun 2009, 17:16

phil1993 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
shail69 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Sorry, but with already 2 guys saying Hamilton was the worst driver, I have to make a statement. Hamilton didn't put a foot wrong, all race long (you can't deny that), and still he was the worst driver? I just don't understand how you can say that, when you know the problem is the car he drives. Saying McLaren as the worst team is absolte deserved, they were I think, but when you beat Kovalainen with 15s or so, you should at least make him the worst driver as they have the same material. I think this is just Anti-Hamiltonism. If you are going to look at every race like this, Hamilton will be your worst driver every GP. I know I will get a lot of comments on this comment, fanboyism and stuff like that, but I really had to say this, as I think it's absolutely, totally wrong to rate Hamilton as the worst driver.
I am not going to argue with you, every one has their opinion and i respect yours..
I stand firm on my decision..
End of Story..
The last thing I want is having a quarrel with you, but can you at least tell me on what base Hamilton was the worst driver?
Everyone has the right to an opinion Joost, Shail thought Hamilton was worst, you and I didn't - statistically he wasn't, but no-one here is saying Fisichella was worst :O
Yeah, of course, otherwise I wouldn't open this topic :)
But I'm just anxious to know, on what terms he/they decided to rate Lewis as the worst driver, I don't think they can explain, that's the only thing I'm saying
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 07 Jun 2009, 17:21

7/10 Fun To Watch

1 - Best Driver - Webber of course
2 - Best Team - Red Bull again no surprises from other teams
3 - Best Overtake - Rubens Vs Heiki and despite i dislike this guy Piquet Vs Lewis
4 - Best Moment - Rubens DNF :lol:
5 - Worst Driver - Bourdais ... (for the first time Piquet is not the worst driver)
6 - Worst Team - Toro Rosso
7 - Biggest Surprise - Vettel ran wide on turn 9-10 :blink:
8 - General Comment - I recall Red Bull to change their Renault Power to Mercedes or Ferrari even Cosworth would have been better in the case of challenging :p and umm Lewis i suggest u leave McLaren , Kimi leave Ferrari to McLaren again , Lewis to Ferrari and Alonso ... ur nightmare won't continue with renault so u better switch teams and go to Brawn :p

and last word for who are saying Lewis is bad others are saying no ... i stand aside the "No" callers , as a Red Bull fan and an old Mid-Field supporter i can feel the pressure and suffering of McLaren , Lewis and Heiki fans ... blame the team's design not the engine nor the driver

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 07 Jun 2009, 18:01

joostlamers wrote: Yeah, of course, otherwise I wouldn't open this topic :)
But I'm just anxious to know, on what terms he/they decided to rate Lewis as the worst driver, I don't think they can explain, that's the only thing I'm saying
Obviously when there's a topic where people are asked to post an opinion, then there's not much to argue about them. Of course people's personal preferences such as favorite driver/team affect it a lot, but that's just normal.

But to be honest, when talking about the car, it should be noted that there are many drivers who would be of winning material when driving Brawn's cars so I wouldn't use it as an excuse on certain drivers or as a reason why they should not be listed in people's ratings.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 07 Jun 2009, 18:24

AzShadow wrote:Obviously when there's a topic where people are asked to post an opinion, then there's not much to argue about them.
I think that everybody has to have a reason for choosing somebody as the best/worst driver. Because it would be really weird if I said: "Button is the worst driver. It's my opinion, so you can't say anything about it." I think that if you have an opinion, you have to have arguments that support your opinion. Like, Hamilton was the worst driver, because he qualified 16th, 2 places behind Kovy, while driving a McLaren. That isn't such a good argument, but it could be the thing that shapes somebody's opinion. But I don't think Hamilton was the worst driver. Barrichello was. He qualified behind Button in a lighter car, he had a bad start, he touched with Kovy, etc. He also was out of the race, but I don't know if that was his fault. I think it's not good to count DNF's that aren't somebody's fault into your rating. But he still was the worst driver, in a winning car.

1 - Best Driver - Nico Rosberg
2 - Best Team - Brawn
3 - Best Overtake - The duels in the last corner were entertaining
4 - Best Moment - Barrichello colliding with Kovy
5 - Worst Driver - Barrichello
6 - Worst Team - McLaren
7 - Biggest Surprise - Vettel 3rd
8 - General Comment - boring

Earth
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Earth » 07 Jun 2009, 18:36

1 - Best Driver: Jenson Button :cool:
2 - Best Team: Brawn GP
3 - Best Overtake: Piquet on Hamilton
4 - Best Moment: Sad Vettel in press conference :lol:
5 - Worst Driver: Rubens Barrichello :(
6 - Worst Team: McLaren...
7 - Biggest Surprise: Very very bad start for Rubens.
8 - General Comment: It wasnt dramatic race, because winner was savvy from the start, so 4/10.

Troy
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Troy » 07 Jun 2009, 19:43

1. Button, c**p he's boring!
2. Brawn is way too fast
3. Kovalainen on Rubens
4. Hamilton and Piquet's battle
5. Barrichello, two run- ins while trying to overtake
6. McLaren
7. Not a Brawn one- two
8. Four fairly uninteresting races in a row
Fingers Crossed for Raikkonen at McLaren!!

aegschumi
car driver
car driver

Post by aegschumi » 07 Jun 2009, 20:05

1 - Best Driver - Jenson
2 - Best Team - Williams (low expectation high result)
3 - Best Overtake - Nelson piquet jr vs hamilton--- wonderful ;)
4 - Best Moment - Button win button jump button smile :D
5 - Worst Driver - Raikkonen
6 - Worst Team - Ferrari (high expectation low result)
7 - Biggest Surprise - Hamilton and Mclaren
8 - General Comment - I was there 3 days :) Amazing weekend for us, wonderful circuit, good race, the best BGP-Button :)

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 07 Jun 2009, 20:17

1 - Best Driver----------------->definitely goes to button
2 - Best Team------------------>brawn gp :thumbsup:
3 - Best Overtake-------------->kovy on barrichello that make him spin :lol:
4 - Best Moment---------------->the moment between kovy and barrichello(its good to see the kers system really work out on kovy) :wave:
5 - Worst Driver---------------->barrichello :p
6 - Worst Team----------------->Mclaren :zz:
7 - Biggest Surprise------------>ferrari still outpaced :(
8 - General Comment---------->overall its still a boring race.. :zz:
sejtur wrote:I think that everybody has to have a reason for choosing somebody as the best/worst driver. Because it would be really weird if I said: "Button is the worst driver. It's my opinion, so you can't say anything about it." I think that if you have an opinion, you have to have arguments that support your opinion. Like, Hamilton was the worst driver, because he qualified 16th, 2 places behind Kovy, while driving a McLaren. That isn't such a good argument, but it could be the thing that shapes somebody's opinion. But I don't think Hamilton was the worst driver. Barrichello was. He qualified behind Button in a lighter car, he had a bad start, he touched with Kovy, etc. He also was out of the race, but I don't know if that was his fault. I think it's not good to count DNF's that aren't somebody's fault into your rating. But he still was the worst driver, in a winning car.
So true..i like your opinion..its conclude everything. :cool:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 07 Jun 2009, 21:26

joostlamers wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
shail69 wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Sorry, but with already 2 guys saying Hamilton was the worst driver, I have to make a statement. Hamilton didn't put a foot wrong, all race long (you can't deny that), and still he was the worst driver? I just don't understand how you can say that, when you know the problem is the car he drives. Saying McLaren as the worst team is absolte deserved, they were I think, but when you beat Kovalainen with 15s or so, you should at least make him the worst driver as they have the same material. I think this is just Anti-Hamiltonism. If you are going to look at every race like this, Hamilton will be your worst driver every GP. I know I will get a lot of comments on this comment, fanboyism and stuff like that, but I really had to say this, as I think it's absolutely, totally wrong to rate Hamilton as the worst driver.
I am not going to argue with you, every one has their opinion and i respect yours..
I stand firm on my decision..
End of Story..
The last thing I want is having a quarrel with you, but can you at least tell me on what base Hamilton was the worst driver?
Everyone has the right to an opinion Joost, Shail thought Hamilton was worst, you and I didn't - statistically he wasn't, but no-one here is saying Fisichella was worst :O
Yeah, of course, otherwise I wouldn't open this topic :)
The reason that I chose Hamilton was that I expected a lot from him than finishing in 13th. Qualifying behind a force India of Sutil does not help as well.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Jun 2009, 23:18

1 - Best Driver - webber and button
2 - Best Team - brawn/redbull
3 - Best Overtake - rubbens/kovi piquet on hamilton
4 - Best Moment - nothing as dull as dish water after 15 laps nearly feel asleep twice
5 - Worst Driver - rubbens gave an aweful performance today
6 - Worst Team - mclaren this car is awefull did you see the lap on board with vettel on turns 8 he was flooring it in 6th gear, hamilton on board on the same corners with the graphics on screen he was barly touching the throttle in 5th gear
7 - Biggest Surprise - vettels strategy and i only saw a ferrari when hamilton over took raikenon ferrari didnt get a mention all day
8 - General Comment - an exciting curcuit but a dull race, dont get me wrong brawn have done marvelous things in the short time they have been in F1 but the there is no competition for them i wouldnt mind if brawn won every remaining race but i would like to see them challenged red bull are having a laugh if they think they can catch up yes they are the closest competitor but the brawn car is by far supperior even piquet could win a gp in this car it is.
the nmost exciting thig about todays race was my prediction to my father-in-law that' button would win the race with 40-50 secs infront of 2nd place and about 8 or so laps from the end he was 37 secs ahead of webber before he slowed -2 seconds or so a lap from his race pace, fantastic driver fantastic car but its not as exciting when you know the result of the race before has been done.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 08 Jun 2009, 00:39

So far the best non-schumi f1 season are on 2007.Full of action,unpredictable and it so dramatic untill the chequered flag in the last race.With so many rules changes this year,it turns f1 into nightmare for the spectators.
Thank u to bernie and mosley. Well done..

BMWSauber5
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by BMWSauber5 » 08 Jun 2009, 06:48

1. Mark Webber
2. Red Bull
3. Barrichello on Kovalainen
4. Vettel catching Button at ~1 sec/lap
5. Bourdais
6. McLaren
7. Barrichello retiring
8. A good track, just a boring race, whatever happened to action?
I'm not scared of Swine Flu, i believe that if i get bitten by a pig, it gives me special powers. :p

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jun 2009, 13:18

Hamilton didn't do too well, I would say he was in the lower half of the grid for racing, but so probably was Raikkonen, Alonso and Kovalainen. I think the clear candidates for worst driver are Barrichello and Bourdais. No one else had a remarkably bad race. Of course, it's all opinion, so you can say what you want. Just try to back it up.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 08 Jun 2009, 14:00

1 - Best Driver - Button (Alain Prost Mark II)
2 - Best Team - Brawn
3 - Best Overtake - Piquet jr vs Hamilton (Nelsinho showed some guts)
4 - Best Moment - Webber finishing in front of Vettel
5 - Worst Driver - Vettel (3 major mistakes in 7 races) = no Schumi
6 - Worst Team - Mclaren and Renault
7 - Biggest Surprise - Kimi finishing way down in 9th and Trulli/Rosberg finishing in front of Massa
8 - General Comment - 6/10 Rubens, Piquet and Hamilton ran the show, good fights, no action at the front and in midfield.