Other
No votes

Total votes: 63

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by sejtur » 24 May 2009, 17:38

Only just because it's such a unique race they should keep it. You almost can't race in monaco, but that's one of the things that makes it so attractive to me. BTW the qualifyings are more exciting in monaco than elsewhere.

For me, it's tied with Spa.
I always liked to drive both in a compter game equally too, BTW. For monaco you need so much concentration, it's amazing. Very careful on the throttle, turning in in time, braking exactly in time.
Last edited by sejtur on 24 May 2009, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 May 2009, 17:40

I think it deserves a place, to link F1 past to F1 present, but I swear they need to do something either about the cars or the track. It's bloody impossible to pass.

The glamour element is pretty amazing though.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2009, 17:41

sejtur wrote:Only just because it's such a unique race they should keep it. You almost can't race in monaco, but that's one of the things that makes it so attractive to me. BTW the qualifyings are more exciting in monaco than elsewhere.

I always liked to drive both in a compter game equally too, BTW. For monaco you need so much concentration, it's amazing. Very careful on the throttle, turning in in time, braking exactly in time.
Monaco screws up my rfactor :( :(

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 24 May 2009, 17:41

There was some passing though, this GP. Ofcourse way less than any other venue. But a pass is worth more here than anywhere else, I think.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 24 May 2009, 17:42

phil1993 wrote:
sejtur wrote:Only just because it's such a unique race they should keep it. You almost can't race in monaco, but that's one of the things that makes it so attractive to me. BTW the qualifyings are more exciting in monaco than elsewhere.

Huh why?

You weren't that bad at it, I saw a video of you racing. :lol:
Sorry double post

Oh, and I found the race in Barcelona way more boring than monaco. There was little overtaking there, while it's a "racing circuit" so that theory fails too. Also, Turkey was only exciting in 2006 when Schumi and Alonso were batteling for the lead. The last Turkey gp's were quite bad, few overtakings. The only fun thing was the fight with Kovy and Webi.
Last edited by sejtur on 24 May 2009, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 24 May 2009, 17:55

On Monaco, it's impossible to overtake.

But Monaco is the only track where each error is payed cash because the FIA has destroy some great circuit (old hockenheim, last corner of Suzuka or of Spa, ..) and has make a lot of "exit" and "gravels" (1st corner of Monaco, Spa 1st corner,...) which has destroy the greatness of F1 drivers.

For instance, Hamilton would have finish last in 2007 and 2008 without these FIA changement.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 24 May 2009, 17:59

Totopupu wrote:On Monaco, it's impossible to overtake.
Did you watch the race? I saw like 4/5 overtakings. That's about as much as in barcelona, or were there more there?

And yeah, monaco is also nice because when you put on foot wrong, you're gone.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 May 2009, 18:06

* Jenson Button became 1st driver since Michael Schumacher in 2006 to win 3 consecutive races.
* Also 1st British driver since Damon Hill in 1996 to win 3 consecutive races.
* Jenson has 3rd best start to season (5 wins, 1 third). Behind Michael Schumacher 1994 (6 wins, 1 second), And Nigel Mansell 1992 (5 wins, 1 second)

If he wins one and finishes on podium other of next 2 races it will be best start ever.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 May 2009, 18:07

Off-Topic: show
Poor Dr. Vijay Mallaya ..His cricket team Bangalore Royal Challengers lost final by just 8 runs.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 May 2009, 18:12

sejtur wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Huh why?

You weren't that bad at it, I saw a video of you racing. :lol:
Sorry double post

Oh, and I found the race in Barcelona way more boring than monaco. There was little overtaking there, while it's a "racing circuit" so that theory fails too. Also, Turkey was only exciting in 2006 when Schumi and Alonso were batteling for the lead. The last Turkey gp's were quite bad, few overtakings. The only fun thing was the fight with Kovy and Webi.
not sure, its just really jerky. I can do istanbul so ill post a vid of an OB lap nearer the race

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 24 May 2009, 18:17

Kimi on SportBild
How much fun does have a world champion in the midfield of F1?
You always have to fight more in every race when you don’t have such a strong car. And especially this year were we all are closer than before. That makes it exiting. But we all have more fun when we fight for the win.

Q: Your last win is more than a year ago…

Of course it would be nicer if it wasn’t that long ago. But I’m sure we will win again this year. But it’s not easy to catch someone when you are behind.

Q: How can you help as a driver in this situation?

I tell my engineers what I need. But they are still the same engineers who have built winning cars before so they know also without me. Everybody knows what he has to do.

Q: No Italian chaos?

There is a lot of talk. The atmosphere is good. Sure, it would be better, if we win. That’s normal. But differently than some say are we working hard. And there is no conflict inside the team.

Q: Also not in Barcelona, where you couldn’t get into second qualifying?

I thought I would come through. A silly mistake.

Q: In Monaco the qualifying is very important because you can’t overtake…

Actually Monaco isn’t a good place to work. There isn’t much space. But the atmosphere is great for the fans. And also for us drivers it is a nice challenge to get the perfect lap. If you manage that, it’s a great feeling.

Q: What is the most difficult spot?

The whole track is tricky. And this year we have to take care to not touch anywhere with the big front wings.

Q: Do you have your yacht again in the harbour?

Probably not. And I have never slept on it but in the hotel. The yacht was for the guests. And it was mostly rented.

Q: I Monaco there are lot of parties. Do you still like to party like in the past?

Yes, a lot. If I didn’t have to work I would enjoy even more.

Q: Would you prefer to race in the wild 70s?

Definitely! (laughs) That would have been much easier! There it was more about racing. That I would have liked. Driving is the relaxing part of the race weekend for me.

Q: What bothers you the most in current F1?

If I could only drive, nothing! That is what I love the most. I’m here to drive races.

Q: For how long? Fernando Alonso should replace you 2010…

Yes, I now that rumour. I have a contract for next year. So I will definitely be here. What happens then, I don’t know. I have options to continue. But nobody knows what happens with F1.

Q: Your buddy Sebastian Vettel is also under discussion for Ferrari. Would he suit the Scuderia?

He gets along with everybody. Sure he also wouldn’t have any problems at Ferrari.

Q: Does he have a real chance for the championship?

Sure! I mean, he has a good car. And until now the Red Bull drove without double diffuser. I’m sure he will be quicker in Monaco when he has one. So Sebastian has every chance for the title. Because I think he will fight for the win in most races.

Q: You beat him all the time in Badminton. Doesn’t he want to play something else?

(laughs) We have already some other games…

Q: For example?

Table tennis.

Q: Does he beat you at least there?

No, of course not! At least I still beat him off track this year.

Q: Is it true that you move nearby him?

I move, but not to be close to him. (grins) But now we are just 10 minutes away. Before it was 25. Now I can beat him more often in Badminton. :lol:

Q: Another hobby of yours is rally…

In the beginning of this year I drove a rally in Finland. When you do a job for years and then can do something where you learn anything every day, is that always more interesting. Rally is totally different to F1. you can’t compare it.

Q: Does it appeal you to drive with 200 through snowy forests?

Probably rally is more dangerous than F1. There is no safety road. But the risk is not the point why I love rally. It is simply something different than F1.

Q: Is that your biggest passion now?

There are a lot of thing I like. But that doesn’t need to know the whole world. How boring life would be if you wouldn’t have any passions? I enjoy my life in any case.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 24 May 2009, 18:23

Thanks Zack, nice interview. Kimi's one funny dude. :lol:

KIMI_F1_WDC
car driver
car driver

Re: Rate the 2009 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by KIMI_F1_WDC » 24 May 2009, 21:11

The race was boring as it didn't have many overtakes as a dry monaco race would be in the abssence of safety cars.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 24 May 2009, 21:35

I haven't read any other Kimi's interview in which Kimi's funnier than that. He even makes jokes :lol:

Nice piece of stuff. Thanks Zack.

[pre]On Saturday
The following drivers will use a new engine for the reminder of the event:
Number Car Driver Previously used engines
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 2
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 2

On Sunday
The following driver will use a new engine for the reminder of the event:
Number Car Driver Previously used engines
03 Ferrari Felipe Massa 3[/pre]

Code: Select all

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/mon09_report.pdf
I guess Ferrari uses different strategy about the engines 'cause 3 previously used engines is quite a lot, if not strange.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 26 May 2009, 04:10

Massa had engine problem this weekend ..something *air leak* .. so they used new engine for this weekend.

Both driver will have new gearbox as soon as they finish this cycle. Sadly nobody has chance in turkey without 5 place penalty.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO