Stop 2 - Lap 31, 18 laps added, should have roughly 24 to go on
Stop 3 - Lap 49, ? laps added, fuelled to the end of the race

So, why did they not keep him out for longer on the soft tyre? :zz:

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 Gran Premio de España Telefonica

Post by Totopupu » 11 May 2009, 16:53

But stop talking of Barrichello : all people who looks F1 have seen in Barcelona that Ross Brawn want to make Button the winner.
And what ???
If Barrichello, who this year may be his last chance to win a title, is enough stupid to accept this situation, so I say great job Ross and Jenson.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 11 May 2009, 17:01

Some1 have quoted me about Alonso V Massa .. i know that Felipe was unable to do anything because of some problems with Ferrari but yet the overtaking itself was cool ... that's what i meant there ..

about the "Racist News" its not sthg new it happend many times ... yet i remember well that Fernando himself said he missed Lewis Challenge at McLaren days i dunno if they still have some problems but it seems its getting solved or Fernando is trying to get into a good team from the front runners how'ever , the reason is it happend @ Spain which its not the first time that happens there so ... let's hope everything goes well

I agree with everyone blaming Ross Brawn for the Team Orders which was clear on TV for us the fans .. i wouldn't listen and believe him (Nick Fry) as he already threatened Rubens last season when he said "Don't expect to be here next season" at the time Rubens was confident he will keep his Honda seat how'ever ..

as for Vettel/Massa similar time yeah as i agree most of the drivers on the grid voted for "Ferrari" to be the most upgraded team who made a leap forward despite their problems so far they were among the front runners , now Vettel was stuck behind Massa and he did loose time a lot of it actually that's why he had same laps as Felipe did and don't forget we've seen the laps both drivers did , Felipe was only faster at the Straights where he always used his Kers so Sebastian was stuck but yet Ferrari did a big step forward so let's hope we can see Felipe on Monaco Pole .

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 11 May 2009, 17:37

I'm not sure how strong Ferrari will be in Monaco. Monaco is quite a different track. Barcelona showed that BGP, Red Bull and Ferrari are strong in regular tracks with high speed corners so they should do well in most of the tracks. Obviously if you've got the fastest car, then it's fast pretty much everywhere so I guess BGP will handle Monaco fine too. But teams such as Williams and McLaren might do a lot better than they would usually do in the current circumstances.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 May 2009, 19:57

Monaco requires more mechanical grip as aerodynamic grip is reduced considerably compared to other circuits.
THe condition in Monaco is pretty similar to rainy condidtions where cars with good mechanical grip do well.
We have seen which cars are good on wet so I think its Red Bulls who will be the team to lead here unless other teams come out with the upgrades..

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 11 May 2009, 20:12

Raikkonen will win in Monaco.
2nd, Massa
3rd, Alonso
4th, Rosberg
5th, Vettel
6th, Barrichello
7th, Hamilton

AND LAST : BUTTON because in Monaco, many "nights" are organized and Button will be tired for race
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 May 2009, 20:57

Totopupu wrote:Raikkonen will win in Monaco.
2nd, Massa
3rd, Alonso
4th, Rosberg
5th, Vettel
6th, Barrichello
7th, Hamilton

AND LAST : BUTTON because in Monaco, many "nights" are organized and Button will be tired for race
This is not the GP of Monaco thread :zz:
Off-Topic: show
Read james allens blog, Monaco will be Brawn domination.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 May 2009, 21:20

Talking bout James Allen, interesting point here..:
Williams question inconsistent Rosberg
Spoiler:
I’m intrigued by the comments coming out of Williams over the last 24 hours, regarding Nico Rosberg.

First at the top of yesterday’s press release after the race they said, “Inconsistency compromised a strong strategy and left Nico in P8 and with one point at race end.”

Then lower down, Patrick Head says, “Nico’s pace in the first stint was initially good, but we then struggled to maintain consistency, so we will have to investigate that.”

Today comes a de-brief document from the team, in which technical director Sam Michael says
“Nico’s lap times were somewhat inconsistent, yes, and we are now looking carefully through all of the data and bodywork parts to determine what caused that.”

Williams’ frustration is evident; they lie 8th in the constructors championship with a scant 4.5 points, despite being one of the teams who started the season with the advantage of a double diffuser.

Sam Michael goes on to say, “Even if we think we have a faster car than how we currently stand in that table, the Constructors’ order is what the overall performance of our team is measured by. “

This is all finessed with layers of pr gloss, but reading between the lines I think Williams are a bit fed up with Rosberg’s performance this year.

In his defence, as far as the inconsistency is concerned, I heard last night before I left the track that Rosberg had suffered some problem with the floor of the car, which may have affected him in certain corners around the Barcelona track and resulted in him struggling to turn in consistent times. I look forward to the findings of their current investigations into the car.

But the fact is that Rosberg hasn’t really been pulling up trees this year. I’ve heard it suggested that if someone like Fernando Alonso were in that car he would have scored podiums with it, but who’s to know?

Let’s take a look though at Nico’s race and see what the team is referring to.

Nico starts the race on Sunday from 9th on the grid, but took advantage of the chaos at the first corner to move up to 7th. His lap times do not come down like the other front running drivers, a lap of 1m 24.2 is followed by a 1m25.0. A few laps later a 1m 24.1 is followed by a 1m 25.9. No traffic is involved.

He pits on lap 25 and the second stint is more consistent, working his way down through the 1m24s to the 1m23s. There is often three or four tenths of disparity between laps, however. He has lost time and later in the race Nick Heidfeld in the BMW gets in front of him, at the second pit stops.

The BMW is at least 2/10ths slower than the Williams, so this is an irritant. In Bahrain it will have irritated the team that Rosberg, with a significant package of upgrades, was only two tenths faster than Nakajima in qualifying. The impression is of a driver who is struggling to make things happen in his fourth season in F1.

I remember a few years ago, when one of the drivers wasn’t pulling his weight to the extent Patrick expected he said, “We are deep in Boutsen territory,” referring to Thierry Boutsen, who had plenty of days when he wouldn’t be able to perform.

I’m not saying for a second that they are in ‘Boutsen territory’ now, but Rosberg is certainly under scrutiny there. That message is coming through loud and clear.

Code: Select all

http://jamesallenonf1.com/
Rosberg.. Come to McLaren.. :zz:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 May 2009, 21:31

Record: It's the 13th time that J. Trulli leaves during the 1st lap
5th victory for Jenson Button
5th consecutive podiuim for Jenson Button
2st one two for Brawn GP
Record for Nick Heidfeld : 25 GP consecutively finished

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 11 May 2009, 22:43

Question to all
When will Nick's record of consecutive race finishes end?

Next race probably..

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 12 May 2009, 09:12

I'd agree that Brawn has the fastest car , they have the downforce no need to change lot of stuff ... yet Red Bull and some other teams are already getting major upgrades for their cars , F1.com have said about BMW's rear wing design will be copied from other teams for Monaco GP cause it gives a good ammount of rear downforce , in Monaco it won't matter who has the fastest car we have seen during the years that its not only the Mechanical grip but its the driver , for example we have seen Jarno during the Monaco Gps shining more than any1 else wether he had a good car or a bad one , it depends on the driving style i guess Jenson is too agressive on his car so is Webber he takes the car to the limits always which am worried about for the next gp

i still believe we will see Kimi and Felipe among the front runners and let's hope what happend in Spanish GP won't happen again am talking about Brawn Strategy .. and about the First corner accident there won't be a run off area so no one would bother pushing the other outside the track cause it will be a disaster ...

i guess Talking about the Spanish gp should be closed we should open a Monaco topic lots of stuff to be discussed about this gp :p

Edit : Forgot to mention McLaren have been Superb at the Monaco Track so ... am worried about them too

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 May 2009, 21:08

Result of the spanish gp..

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 May 2009, 21:09

:lol:

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 14 May 2009, 09:05

lol this is so funny

BMWSauber5
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by BMWSauber5 » 14 May 2009, 09:18

:lol: :thumbsup:
I'm not scared of Swine Flu, i believe that if i get bitten by a pig, it gives me special powers. :p