2009 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

User avatar
hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 914
Joined: 19 Feb 2008, 16:29

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by hannibal_rising » 27 Apr 2009, 08:41

joostlamers wrote:
formulaonemadman wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Alonso fainted during interviews after Bahrein GP


vid? :blink:

No.. Read it on a Dutch F1 site, he seems fine now, but it's said that he couldn't drink during the race..



There is a video. I saw it in the italian TV. He didn't have water during the race.... :fear:

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 27 Apr 2009, 09:10

Hey, why was my post deleted? It contained a link to the atlas forum. Is that not allowed?
Image

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 27 Apr 2009, 09:37

TwistedArmco wrote: but not when they test stuff on heikki's car when Heikki already screwed his own race up.

Already screwed? Heikki started the race on harder bridgestone. How on earth did they know that Heikki will screw his race? Or are you referring to the qualification result of Heikki as the basis for this decision?

Either way, it's a prejudical decision by McLaren ruling out all chances of Heikki to race. Heikki races for Hamilton and it's just OK. Ferrari did it all the way down in 2000s or Renault have been doing it for 2 years but what is hypocratical in McLaren's case that they insist that they give equal chance to their drivers. Totally horse s**t.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Blackwater
car driver
car driver
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Apr 2009, 09:49

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Blackwater » 27 Apr 2009, 10:00

hannibal_rising wrote:
There is a video. I saw it in the italian TV. He didn't have water during the race.... :fear:

Image

User avatar
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2010
Joined: 30 May 2008, 18:44

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by TwistedArmco » 27 Apr 2009, 10:16

Ali wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote: but not when they test stuff on heikki's car when Heikki already screwed his own race up.

Already screwed? Heikki started the race on harder bridgestone. How on earth did they know that Heikki will screw his race? Or are you referring to the qualification result of Heikki as the basis for this decision?

Either way, it's a prejudical decision by McLaren ruling out all chances of Heikki to race. Heikki races for Hamilton and it's just OK. Ferrari did it all the way down in 2000s or Renault have been doing it for 2 years but what is hypocratical in McLaren's case that they insist that they give equal chance to their drivers. Totally horse s**t.


Renault have been doing it to their drivers for more than two years, matey. Fisi was usually slow enough to sacrifice, often not being in the points or qualifying in the top 10. McLaren are now going down the same road, all they need to do is admit it.. :p Starting on super-softs would have been the better choice, but in fairness, a lot of the teams seemed to fail to realize that the hards were the weaker tyre. I don't think that McLaren sacrificed Heikki right from the start, they just used him as such after the first two laps, due to the way he bottled himself in.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

ScuderiaF60
kart driver
kart driver
Posts: 37
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 16:42

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by ScuderiaF60 » 27 Apr 2009, 13:33

lol poor alonso

User avatar
AzShadow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1866
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Location: Finland

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by AzShadow » 27 Apr 2009, 13:50

Branson told MTV3 that Button's car's hydraulics system's temperature was 30 degrees higher than it should have been. They were expecting it to blow up any minute and he said that they were lucky that Button managed to finish the race. ''hmm''
Image

User avatar
sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 793
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 17:44
Location: I don't know.

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by sejtur » 27 Apr 2009, 14:16

ScuderiaF60 wrote:lol poor alonso
Why are you laughing, that ain't funny! :tdown:

To AZshadow, Brawn will update their car with new sidepods, so that must be better.
Image

User avatar
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2433
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 14:53

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Rachael The Great » 27 Apr 2009, 15:24

AzShadow wrote:Branson told MTV3 that Button's car's hydraulics system's temperature was 30 degrees higher than it should have been. They were expecting it to blow up any minute and he said that they were lucky that Button managed to finish the race. ''hmm''

holy c**p! i knew they had heating issues but like, that sounds pretty fatal :fear:
Image

User avatar
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2476
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 21:13
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 27 Apr 2009, 17:27

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Apr 2009, 07:42

Button burnt his ass during Bahrein GP :lol:
Spoiler:
Jenson Button may have won and increased his championship lead in Bahrain at the weekend, although all was not well for the Englishman inside the Brawn-Mercedes. Whereas Fernando Alonso had no working drinks bottle for the duration of the race, the Englishman suffered from burning cockpit temperatures.

A victorious but burnt Button finished the face in pain after an electrical problem resulted in the rising heat. "It was really hot," he said. "All the boxes around my seat were burning; I burnt the top of my left buttock on an electrical box, it's a little bit burnt. Hopefully we can solve that issue."

Frome's Button, who has now won three out of four races in 2009, was relieved to step out of the car in a race which had featured, in his opinion, his finest ever first lap. Jenson's burn did not cause pain to the degree of Mark Webber's injuries in 2004, however, when temperatures inside the Jaguar resulted in a premature retirement from the Japanese Grand Prix.


GPUpdate
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image

User avatar
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Posts: 4153
Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Location: Bombay
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 28 Apr 2009, 08:28

TwistedArmco wrote:Starting on super-softs would have been the better choice, but in fairness, a lot of the teams seemed to fail to realize that the hards were the weaker tyre. I don't think that McLaren sacrificed Heikki right from the start, they just used him as such after the first two laps, due to the way he bottled himself in.

Everybody knew prime was not the best option ... to start with that was insensible . Who ever used prime got screwed ....specially those who started with prime :zz: BMW :lol: ...Best was to use it in the last stint for minimum laps :O ..once you get lost behind p10 ..its difficult to comeback.

Ferrari pit stops were SLOW! ..I understand kimi had wheel fairing issue but still rest of pit stops were not top notch.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

User avatar
AzShadow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1866
Joined: 26 Oct 2007, 13:46
Location: Finland

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by AzShadow » 28 Apr 2009, 08:33

Yeah Ferrari's fallen behind with everything. At one time they used to have the best pit stops, but they've not been very good for years.
Image

User avatar
JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion
Posts: 11852
Joined: 25 May 2007, 21:38
Location: Tilburg
Contact:

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1™ Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Apr 2009, 11:13

All the lap times of all drivers:

Code: Select all

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/bhn09_race_analysis.pdf
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at
Image


Locked