2009 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2009 Malaysian Grand Prix?

Jenson Button
37%
Rubens Barrichello
6%
Lewis Hamilton
5%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Timo Glock
2%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Felipe Massa
8%
Kimi Raikkonen
19%
Fernando Alonso
3%
Nico Rosberg
3%
Robert Kubica
16%
Sebastien Vettel
3%
Other (Specify in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 108

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 06 Apr 2009, 16:58

Awesome pics phil :@:2 :rofl:
phil1993 wrote:
f1anatic wrote:I read a rumour that some folks have blamed Michael Schumacher for advising to put the rain tires earlier than needed on Kimmi's car. I could see that he suggested but one cannot put the blame on him but on the race director/team manager or whoever (Domenicalli) that guy is !
It's true - Schumacher made the call, i read it in 2 different newspapers
I hasn't appeared autosport ... not sure buts looks like MS is made scapegoat!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2009, 17:04

Zack wrote:Awesome pics phil :@:2 :rofl:
phil1993 wrote: It's true - Schumacher made the call, i read it in 2 different newspapers
I hasn't appeared autosport ... not sure buts looks like MS is made scapegoat!
Among the losers numbered Kimi Raikkonen, who destroyed a set of wet tyres after a call from the pitwall by Michael Schumacher, the Ferrari team consultant, to switch to them too early. Raikkonen could finish no better than fourteenth, while Felipe Massa, his team-mate, whose qualifying was ruined by a poor strategy call, was ninth after starting sixteenth.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 06 Apr 2009, 17:15

hahaha, lovely pics :lol:

And the Schumacher rumour is correct, I read it 2. Dominicalli wanted to wait for the rain :zz:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 06 Apr 2009, 17:41

Now the strategy and Ferrari make 2
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rate the Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 06 Apr 2009, 21:10

shail69 wrote:Final thoughts from Malayasian GP
There is nothing but poor thoughts to come out of this race. It was terrible in so many ways.
I disagree with most of that article.

Where is it from?

Especially the beggining of it sounds like soure grapes, Brawn are the FIA´s darling - Kers is c**p - the new aero is c**p - the double diffusors are destroying competition etc. that basically what the first part of the article says.

Well I guess you can always find some negative points if you want to, but I´m perfectly happy with this season, I think it´s the best since 2005 and a brilliant season. For the first time in 2 years I´m actually counting the days till the next GP starts.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rate the Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 06 Apr 2009, 21:24

blizzard wrote:I disagree with most of that article.

Where is it from?

Especially the beggining of it sounds like soure grapes, Brawn are the FIA´s darling - Kers is c**p - the new aero is c**p - the double diffusors are destroying competition etc. that basically what the first part of the article says.

Well I guess you can always find some negative points if you want to, but I´m perfectly happy with this season, I think it´s the best since 2005 and a brilliant season. For the first time in 2 years I´m actually counting the days till the next GP starts.
well it does not say KERS is c**p, but is not that useful.. If it had a significant improvement that the teams would have used it but the advantages of a kers package is not huge until you discover what ferrari, mclaren nd renault found. Most of the other teams have a kers package but they are unsure whether it will be significant, os it order to encourage teams to develop their kers package the time allocated should be increased..

You seem to take all the points in a negative way..I dont know how you concluded from post that new aero rules are c**p. It has improved overtaking but not as we expected .. I have heard form some driver who think that it almost simialr to last year.

In a way the diffusors seem to making the three teams on top, but i dont think it will reamin the same after we land in europe...But when in the past some one has tried to find a hole in the rulebook it is either copied by the other teams or banned.

Copying that diffusors means spending a lot of money and in thsi period when FIA are trying to save money if all the teams spend huge amount of money that is not particularly good is it? And think what would smaller teams like Force India do?

Anyways I agree on this article a lot and what i have expressed is my own opinion..

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 06 Apr 2009, 21:46

Completely OT, and entirely uninmportant, but if I don't reply to your posts, it's cos I'm in Devon for four days. Adieu. :)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 07 Apr 2009, 10:13

I disagree with some of you saying that it was wrong to change the gp's start to an later hour.

I can understand the fact they want to try and make it happen at a pleasant time for everyone in europe, where many F1 fans are.

That way, there are many more "perimeter" fans watching, not just the hardcore ones (eheh), and TV rights, publicity, etc. pays a lot better.

Don't forget F1's economics is just hanging by a string, like the rest of the world actually. They must keep trying to find ways to keep it viable.

About the race, everyone prayed for rain so much...that it was a little to much.
And i think we never saw that real good fun caos at anytime. It was a lame caos this time, i think.

Anyone noticed that Piquet ended up in front of Alonso? That's just stupid! eheh

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Apr 2009, 10:36

Ecclestone brushes off criticism after changing Malaysian GP start time

Code: Select all

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1168001/Ecclestone-brushes-criticism-changing-Malaysian-GP-start-time.html

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 07 Apr 2009, 11:45

I prefer the old hour for Malaysian GP because we have low advert in TF1 (french TV)
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Apr 2009, 17:20

phil1993 wrote:
Among the losers numbered Kimi Raikkonen, who destroyed a set of wet tyres after a call from the pitwall by Michael Schumacher, the Ferrari team consultant, to switch to them too early. Raikkonen could finish no better than fourteenth, while Felipe Massa, his team-mate, whose qualifying was ruined by a poor strategy call, was ninth after starting sixteenth.
Link please :(

I agree on most of the part with shail69 and but strongly disagree with Blizzard "I think it´s the best since 2005 and a brilliant season." ..only change in 2007 - 08 is Ferrari's Mclaren's position is taken Brawn Toyota RBR :zz: ..their is no mix-up yet!

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 07 Apr 2009, 17:26

Well, the change is quite big, isn't it? IMO it's good to see new teams at the top as it makes the sport feel fresh and such. That's why 2005 was one of the best seasons in years because Schumi & Ferrari were down so there were actually different guys fighting for the championship for once.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Apr 2009, 18:49

Point.. Is that we want? Its strange people only like season when regular top team is sick :lol:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Apr 2009, 19:26

Look how dark it was - so scary :p

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 07 Apr 2009, 21:54

Zack wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Link please :(
:lol: Poetic justice

Code: Select all

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37495
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen